Tree of Savior Forum

A way to make iTOS use new JTOS voices?

I mean, I have replaced the original 149666_001001.ipf with yours, and now I wanna know what you did to the original ipf, research purpose lol. So should anything happen after update or something, I may be able to do something myself before going here again.

I recommend installing this like the addons used to be installed manually

• After seeing it works, rename the file adding an unicode character in the name ex."_sound-:email:.ipf"
  • Move the original sound.ipf back to the data folder

That way the original files stay intact, in case they decide to update them to include the new voices in the future.

Not mine, @_Yuki’s.

Added sounds.ipf, extracted from jTOS patch into a random iTOS patch.

Also, I have the original .ipf, because I don’ play iTOS to change voices for it anyway.

tbh, I am confused who posted which, in this case, between you and yuki’s lol. Well, thank you very much.
So, the sound.ipf in 149666 was self added, and as you said, you can just add it to random patch.

Yep.   

1 Like

I seem to be unable to rework the things you and @_Yuki have done. I simply put the extracted files in that archive into 150249_001001.ipf (all files R1.fdp to skilvoice_M1.fsb) by adding sound.ipf using IPF Suite, but then it resulted in my game gone silent (only bgm is played). Is it really just any random patch? If it is, is there any specific details? Do I need to decrypt the patch first? Or I can just use IPF Suite to put anything in that patch?

This. And encrypt back after packing I believe.

2 Likes

That wouldn’t work anymore, the patcher deletes any file that should not be in the folder.
The game just doesn’t start if I do it like you said.
and even if it worked you would still need the JToS sound.ipf in data folder to make it fully work, the sound.ipf from JToS data folder has more sounds than the original iToS sound.ipf.

Did you start the game before renaming the file? It will get stuck if you don’t start it before doing the renaming.

For some reason this works for me perfectly, haven’t noticed anything wrong with the sounds so it feels like the client reads this renamed file before the original.

also if they decide to update it in the future the patcher won’t edit the file you already have, it will write a new file over it deleting your current one.
so no need to worry about future updates.
the modded files shouldn’t cause any trouble to future updates.

i tried but cant extract the original sound files from .fsb
Can someone more skilled extract it and upload for us to download?

Cannot extract or cannot play?

You cannot just open a headerless .ogg using a player.

Are the extracted sounds inaudible? Cant convert them to another format or open with VLC player?

Not with conventional players at least. They use headers to read the file type, bitrate, frequency, number of channels, etc. But those files contain only stream.

Sound editing programs like Audacity may work, however.

Uploading…
It will take some time, will edit with links when it’s done.
Be prepared to download some Gbs of compressed sound

here, the original sounds:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4dWOdOJhwCEMnl5cHc5Y1RHQTA?usp=sharing

1 Like

All of then is in IPF? What i really wanted is the sounds allready extracted from then xD
But thanks anyway.

@Tk_Magnus
It is the sound extracted, they are in rar to reduce upload size.
there is no ipf neither fsb there :sweat:
Only folders with the original .wav files inside.

"IToS sound data.rar"
have the extracted sounds from IToS’s sound.ipf from data folder

"JToS sound data.rar"
have the extracted sounds from JToS’s sound.ipf from data folder

"JToS sound patch.rar"
have the extracted sounds from JToS’s sound patch from patch folder

The ipf aren’t that huge, did you see their size?

Oh sorry!
I was extracting the wrong .rar file.
Its everything there, thanks. Sorry for the confusion :sweat_smile:

I’m not sure about the JToS ones, but I think they are up to date.

I didnt find the rank 8 voices for the itos. Probably they are in patch folder?