Tree of Savior Forum

A slightly different point of view..? A note to the other community members

TL;DR: Can’t we all just get along?

I’ve been watching the debate about the founder’s early acess servers all afternoon while catching up on information from the last few weeks. While I do understand the outrage over the “soon” OBT not happening right now… why do people assume that EA = OBT?

Early access does have a few advantages as far as time for leveling/generating currency/crafting… That is no different than joining in on any other game that’s already had servers up for some time.

I can’t find anywhere that states March 22 was going to be the OBT. There was no announcement on that. There doesn’t seem to be anything other than rumors that the game was going live.

Again, let me state that I understand the frustration for the most part. It was extremely easy to assume that “soon” meant within the month, or within the next month… or…

It was never announced as a specific date. “Soon” can be three months from now. That’s actually not so bad, it’s still within this quarter.

The supposed unfair advantages that some players would get from ponying up from day 1 of EA are just a drop in the bucket for the long haul of the game, however the community benefits are a lot broader.

This gives, firstly, some extra time for feedback before the game goes live. There were a lot of stability issues with the iCBT.

It’s no different than a kickstarter reward for those of us who want/are/plan to support the game. Yes, it does create a bit of have/have not for a few months. You know, it would be nice if perhaps we got a key for access to go along with the top tier package so that we could share with friends–even if it was at a slightly later date.

But you know, even if nothing changes… this is a chance for people who are already planning on busting their butts to get coverage done, to start crafting, find out all the things that are going to make the game easier/better for you all since we still really don’t have a lot of concrete information.

In the long run, I honestly think there are a lot more benefits for the community over individuals with the current packages.

As far as transparency with the company goes… I agree that communication could be better from IMC. However, raging on the forums while they’re asleep, because they do not have a NA publisher, isn’t really the most constructive way to go about it. At least from everything I’ve seen/read most of (if no all) the people working on the game for our version and the Korean are… from South Korea.

The game is being launched by the company/team that made it. I think a lot of us forget that. I could be wrong, but… that is a pretty big difference from an established company putting out a game. They’re going to have to take some gambles to get this game out and flourishing. It’s going to have a rocky start no matter what imo.

There’s nothing wrong with disagreeing or being upset by the state of things. Just… why waste energy on bickering with each other when it might be more useful to make some suggestions and not burn down the forums with a bunch of hate.

So many of us really love this game—from the old RO players who are finding something that may finally take over that soft spot in our hearts, to new players who are excited to see something different on the market. The game provides content for casuals as well as hardcore players, though it still has some rough edges and needs some polishing to really get the attention it deserves.

Why not let those us, who are willing and able, try to help with that? Even if it’s just a little bit, I’m happy to contribute what basically amounts to dinner & a movie to a game I really love even at the early stages. I was ready to put funding to this game as soon as I first heard the oh so …delicate strains of Woman Peeling Potatoes.

13 Likes

Have a like. I’m too tired of all this nonsensical bullshit too.

3 Likes

Finally someone who knows what they’re talking about.
Getting tired of the endless whining and crying.

1 Like

thanks. very good and true post.

1 Like

But I just bought all this popcorn … :frowning2:

It’s okay, enjoy your popcorn. I know it’s going to continue on, but I just think it’s really important for multiple views to get out there.

steals a bite of popcorn Your thread is scary. o.o

They should just release the Founders Pack as is. Pretty sad that they had to cave in because some impatient people started crying.

1 Like

Please stop. You don’t “become stronger” because you play on a legacy server.

1 Like

Exactly. People who are not boarding the EA, chill your ass out and stop rage, stop speculation, stop coming out with hypothetical scenarios, stop trying to be economist to predict the economy, doomsayers stop announcing the game is dead. Come and play when you want to play. We shall forget about all your tantrums you have made, feel no guilt as we are loving parents.

RO PLAYERS LOVE THE GAME AND THE GAME IS GONNA BE AWESOME. LET PLAYERS WHO WANT TO PLAY, PLAY.

Even in RO, there are people who disliked the game after playing, and those are not fans of RO and we can understand. If people here do not like RO or TOS, it is okay, you are judging the game fairly base on the company’s actions.

However, there are some of us HARD-FKING-CORE RO lovers already been craving for a game like this, you said you waited for how long? WE WAITED FOR A SEQUEL ever since the release of RO, more than 10 fking years, yes we are biased we are blinded, LOVE IS BLIND, we are blinded by our ultimate love for RO and we want this game so badly so matter what it takes, we want to free our mind. I wouldnt ■■■■ on the game even if the dev asked me for $1,000,000 to play. I simply wouldn’t play not because i dont want to but because i cant afford it, but that doesnt mean i will ■■■■ on them and hate them because love do not change easily. so Yes some of us are biased.

I just want to reunite with my friends to play the game like old times, this game tug at our heartstrings.

1 Like

Seriously you aren’t helping. At all. Stop trolling.

1 Like

what? am I lying isnt this the major advantage of a 3 month EA? ITS a really good deal.

Most new mmo only have 1 week EA for 200$

IMC is giving 50$ for 3 MONTHS!

thats a STEAL. a really good deal for anyone who wants to have advantage over others! I am both advertising it and criticising it! its really good deal! a really honest advertisement! raw and without ‘prevent bots/gold farmer’ BS excuse.

and IMC will eventually implment server merge on low pop servers anyway. giving EA players the POWER they have bought via +2190HRS GAMETIME before F2P players

I get you man, but you’re expecting the perfect game. If you go and start playing with a mindset like that, you will be dissapointed.

Lower your expectations a bit, just a friendly recommendation.

I’ve seen this posted several times and I strongly dislike it. The first three months of a game do little to reflect where it’s going to be even six months down the road. It’s not like there’s going to be this huge influx of players, it’s going to be a small portion of servers that no one has to play on if they don’t want to.

Even if I don’t get the pack myself, I’m happy that there are other players who do want it. I see 0 difference between this and a kick starter with early copies of a game given out or alpha access for comparison. It’s no different than any other perk that people get for investing in a game early on.

Even if I don’t/can’t get a pack you can bet your granny panties that I’d rather start out on a server that already has crafters. That already has a market. BecauseI’d rather pay 3k for a piece of level 10 gear than 30k because everyone’s in a scramble on day one.

There are a lot of us who want to make the game’s community a good one. Something we can look forward to. Something that after a long day is relaxing to log into. Even as it is, I think the game is deserving of financial support from players. Though that is just my opinion.

When players don’t like how a company is handling a game, the best way to show your dislike isn’t ranting on the forums-- it’s by closing your wallet. All that this ranting on the forums does is make a mess for the mods to clean up, further headaches for them because the arguments are extremely polarized, and in general turn off new players or mid-ground players from participating in the forum community who might actually have some constructive feedback other than “kill it with fire” which is the majority of what I’ve seen in posts from the last 24hrs.

And no one knows if they are going to have to merge. Based off of the server load between tests, and how it affected gameplay, you’d best be hoping they get enough funding to buy more servers.

1 Like

Nope im not expecting it to be perfect. You dont love stuff because its perfect, you love it because you love it, together with the imperfections.

Like i said, RO fans have unique taste and not everyone will like RO. Same goes for TOS, some people may not like TOS, but others will love it to death. Some may not get whats all the hype about, but others know they are at home once they enter the environment.

Some of the devs for TOS made RO, and they also said they made it close to RO, so this is something that RO players have been waiting for, its not a few years but it can be a decade. its been ■■■■■■■ 12 years since i played RO with my friends, and in between 12 ■■■■■■■ years i played many, many MMOs and none could be compared to my RO experience, that is my taste.

That said, not everyone had the same experience in RO, some may had unpleasant experiences, i can totally understand.

1 Like

mmos through out their existance will and shall always merge low pop servers as standard operating procedure.

all those MMOS titles out there did it.

kToS has same founders pack value but NO EA. lower it to a 1+ week then ill be silent about it.

well said i would’ve quoted everything.

I realize you always hit the nail on the bullseye. Spoken like a true RO fan. I know one when i see one.

1 Like

Some were really excited and some were just really upset about the news really and so it created 2 factions, throwing craps at each other just to see who’s the biggest douche but I guess that’s what happen when you have AC temperature IQ.

Truthfully, I was pretty taken aback at first, ya know, but after giving it some thoughts, it’s just a game which is my hobby in my spare time. Unless it is a necessity then that’s something to brag about.

Basically, if you want to spend money then go on right ahead, if you don’t, no one will make you to do it. It’s just the community kept whining every 5 minutes telling and recycling the same topic just to get something out of it. I do agree with building criticism such as absurd 3 months EA and separate server. But all I see is just kids mashing their keyboard, who’s peasants and not, madly squealing at each other.

Rome wasn’t build in a day so give this game a chance, and if not, just walk away, no harm and no need to tell the world you are doing it.

:wink: Since CB. Though… I still miss old Payon.

Nicely said.

Do whatever suits you but if someone chooses not to play, they dont have to kill the sport for the rest.