Tree of Savior Forum

A really explained Wiz3/Ele3/War1 guide

Can i check, with regards to endgame Warlock builds, would Property atk > Matk for our many multihit skills?

I didn’t use cafri set but dude
 I regreat so much. My leveling would be so much easy if I had used.

And yes, you should buy these buffs because you’ll spam AA until the end of your life. xD

@yyang_umd
It gives 303 MA, you don’t need upgrade g.g

@Kimmyz
Magic Attack and Hp.

@sakrayx
I’m 230 atm, and still using cloth set.

yep, a guy in KToS used it until lv 170 0_0

my upgraded rod gives 350+ matk :confused:
and its still much cheaper than catacombs lol

I used cafri until level 120. You start to feel very squishy on mage tower and dungeon by this time, unless you invest more in CON or use a shield. I made an almost FULL INT build (I have 32 CON at level 160), so at that point I could either switch armors, change Arde Dagger for a shield or add more CON. I preferred changing cafri for full plate.

Also, by then you already have Magic Missile with a reasonable attribute (mine was at 40%), and your auto attack can’t compare to Magic Missile damage, so it starts to be less useful. Cafrisun set is more interesting with Fire Enchant/Sacrament/Blessing/Arde Dagger, by itself it isn’t very powerful.

But cafri is a pretty powerful gear until you reach mage tower.

Good guide :relaxed: :thumbsup:

I would add a mention that some mods might not be allowed in this game. I don’t know if this particular one has been commented by staff to be safe to use. If not, some players might want to play it safe just in case and leave mods out if they knew there aren’t proper guidelines of what kind of mods are allowed and whether they might cause false flags in case the client checks for possible cheats after some update.

Which rod? And how much did you spent? (counting rod + upgrades)

Superior corona rod to +7-+8
650k for the rod and about 1mil for the enchants

How much does Maga Rod cost? Seems good since it adds hp and then go enhance it instead of getting Ignition.

Hey guys. So I parsed the damage formula in the Damage Guide (https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/damage-guide-the-big-formula-modifier-types-and-how-they-interact).

For Wizards, the damage formula looks like this for the most part:

[Skill Attack + Magic Attack + Magic Amplification / 2 - Magic Defense * (100% + Level Penalty) - Elemental Resist + Extra Elemental Attack + Enemy Specific Damage] * (100% + T1) * (100% + T2) * (100% + T3) * (100% + Enhance) + Bonus Damage + Additional Attacks

I am simplifying Magic Amplification by assuming that the random number generator is truly random, and thus it produces a uniform distribution. In this case, its average value will be Magic Amplification / 2.

Elemental Resist is only applied if the attacker’s element is the same as the element being resisted by the receiver. This Resist is mostly gained from Resist Elements skill (I’m paraphrasing the thread’s author here).

The Bonus Damage part only applies if you have Blessing. The Additional Attacks part only applies if you have Sacrament or Enchant Fire AND you are dealing damage via normal attacks. This is the part where Sacrament/Enchant Fire reapplies all of your Elemental Attack stats. So it seems that these buffs make your normal attacks stronger, but not as much for your skills. (Note: the Holy Property Attack or Fire Property Attack given by these buffs do apply to your skills though.)

Let’s simplify this. Assuming you are never more than 5 levels below the monster’s level, and you do not have Blessing, Sacrament and Enchant Fire buffs, the damage formula would then become:

[Skill Attack + Magic Attack + Magic Amplification / 2 - Magic Defense - Elemental Resist + Extra Elemental Attack + Enemy Specific Damage] * (100% + T1) * (100% + T2) * (100% + T3) * (100% + Enhance)

Very simple formula for the most part, add everything, minus defense, then multiply by several multipliers.

Again, regarding the choice between Magic Attack vs. Elemental Attack, if you rely mostly on SKILLS to deal damage, they are equivalent unless the monster is weak against or resist the element. This should be evident from the formula above.

If you AUTO ATTACK a lot, and you have the Sacrament/Enchant Fire buff, then Elemental Attacks are superior to Magic Attack unless the mobs resist the element.

For most purposes, Holy or Dark Property Attacks are always equivalent or better than Magic Attack, because they are never resisted, and yet deal super effective damage to one element each.

2 Likes

Why not runecaster instead of warlock? frost cloud/hail could benefit from the rune of ice? what about rune of destruction aoe power? explanation please ty

Rune of Ice does not affect Frost Cloud and Hail. It’s in the description, “except deployment magic”

Rune of Destruction is a better Meteor but Meteor isn’t even that good. Warlock just offers you a lot more.

ty friend, so what about warlock spells? what’s the must have and the variations?

After the recent fix, probably max Dark Theurge and get Evil Sacrifice. Variation would be Lv5 Invocation (for the attribute) vs Lv5 Pole of Agony. I prefer the Lv5 Invocation but some people are still going for max Pole.

edit

Actually, I’m not too sure if Theurge is that great for non-linkers. I’ve already stopped playing my Elementalist and rerolled to Linker-Necro-Lock. Probably better to wait for some feedback from someone else

Just get 5 pole, it’s hard to make the most out of Invocation’s attribute. Hell, unless Warlock only gets garbage skills for c2 you probably won’t be speccing into invocation at all in the future.

Great guide!

I’ll be going with.

However, im also curious regarding the warlock skills.
Can we spread some light on that?

Btw, i dont notice any difference while putting Lethargy on the mob with 100% strike damage attribute on, i tried on a mob, and do around 70-77 dmg per hit, and while its effected by Lethargy, its exactly the same.
My rod is strike based, shouldn’t 100% double it?

How much damage does Invocation do?

Cause wizard’s auto is magic based. You can even test it on banshees on your map. It will say magic +50%

my wiz is lv35 now. i had added to CON first now at 36CON base. the rest points already in INT. is this sufficient for now?

already have like 3.8k HP so survivability is fair enough at this moment but my dps suffer greatly XD

going for wiz3,ele3,warlock
Please advice thanks