Tree of Savior Forum

A question for balanced STR / DEX Swordsmans

Any Swordsman out there that did a STR : DEX build after the rebalance patch?

After the patch, dex became very dull for the most part of my build as the evasion it gives is not that much unlike pre-patch. I did a balance STR DEX build for my doppel having to think that a right amount of dex would give me at least a decent evasion and attackspeed that I can feel.

Stats + Item bonuses such as Max Petamion and Ella card (Yes I spammed the card consuming 4 slots with all Level 10)

STR : 242
DEX : 250

Aside from this, I have an Item (Phada) that gives a 47 evasion penalty. As a counter-measure, I slapped a lvl 7 green gem to my boots for added evasion. My total evasion now is 303. A little disappointed rate. Also leather mastery or wearing Leather armour set will not give you bonus evasion no more so yeah, I’m a spartan now :joy:

After some time and after the event :

• 250 or so DEX gives me a nice attackspeed, but not that fast. Also my build is S1>H1>B3>D3. Given this build, I can rotate the skill set 2-3 times before relying on normal attack while all skills are in cooldown.

• Evasion isn’t that much high, nor does the benefit of it. 303 is not that much.

My question is if the build I did for stat is good or needs some tweaking specifically on the DEX stat point.

Reached 700 eva on on one of my chars, the dodges are not reliable at all. saalus boss has about 60-75% chance to hit me based on personal experience.

I dont think its worth going for so much dex, id be happy staying 100+ dex from ella cards + petamion.
If you can afford full purple HG armor set youd reach around 160 dex or so.

If you had around maybe 700+ crit rate, dex might be ok i guess, thats around 44% crit chance on helgascale mvp (lvl 280 somewhere)

I have Lolo Leather set for now. The DPK is making people in SEA server hate each other so I’m gonna pass the purple curse for now :joy:

Yeah, I’m regretting going 200+ on dex, seems that they need to refine the stat formula again for any significant changes.

I also did a pure DEX build on my SR (currently 270+ DEX) and again, attackspeed isn’t good with it. the reload animation and shooting animation of SR QS is making the investment dumb, but i will try to reach 300+ dex on my SR before concluding anything with pure dex builds.

How many STR i need to get enough accuracy to PvE?
Anyone know?
Thanks.

I will destroy the myth :

When you level 330 with a very strong weapon, both STR and DEX are bads. DEX in particular. A minimum of STR is needed, mostly for accuracy.

1 Like

until imc decides to associate dex on doppel skills, i ain’t gonna take no dex.

1 Like

This. If the attackspeed bug on cyclone is not fixed even after rebalance. expect berserk cyclones!

lol., this is just a thought of mine but shouldn’t our cyclone skill suck enemies in like a vaccuum, then expend them all out at random points if they don’t die in the process?. duh, its called cyclone for god’s sake. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Well that’s nature. In reality, A person spinning with a giant sword will not suck anything, but the side effect is backpain and of course, Nicosia.

1 Like

i just tried it out and the only thing that i was sucking in was my vomit lol.

2 Likes

Question though. Sissel has the ability of decreasing defense per stack. So with 2 sissel. that’ll make you extra soft with the reduced defense, so going plate will be enough to compensate the defense reduction?

should be, but keep in mind that two sissels also procs frenzy twice at once. IMO just go with whatever set you want. def’s not that much of a stat unlike before., even bosses such as rexipher cant 1 shot you now. take a look at this for example

also frenzy doesnt last that long anyways so dont worry about it, sissel’s just for c.rate and that’s it.
tbh mine has never proced after combat update lol.

1 Like

Barb frenzy is more OP than Sissel effect. the attackspeed per stack does wonders for AA when all skills are in cooldown. After that you have 10 stacks of bonus damage for skills. I should just keep my Phada and do a Glad band after the big patch :joy: kTOS is now DPK free, I hope that goes to iTOS soon

I’m currently working towards a farming build with swordsman 3, corsair 3, peltasta 1 and Doppel 1. It seems like people favor dex for corsair builds. Should I be doing a split dex/power build too, or just continuing to pump strength like I have already been?

Full str sw3-hop3-dra2 :slight_smile:

That depends on you really. I only pointed out my build on this thread, and what dex does to a mix build. I personally find that having 250+ DEX on a skill spamming swordsman isn’t good as I hope it would be.