Tree of Savior Forum

A little tip to prepare us for the Beta

Hi guys! I was wondering that we’re almost reaching the beta, but we’re still some kind far from it. I’d like to give you developers(or the guys from the marketing) some tips to help us the users stay hyped but a the same time want so much to play this game that this could bring more people to it.

You guys could do some videos explaining some classes, showing the boss attacks and how to play against it, show entire dungeons with some comments and things like that in the International version of the game.

Something like the champion spotlight from league of legends. “BossX Guide” And in the guide you show how can you react etc. I know there’s a lot of ways to react, to play against some boss, but you just choose one and make a video guide about it. I’m sure this would make everyone that is waiting for the beta see how the game is going and help us get calmer to wait until the day has come.

Like blizzard is doing with their Overwatch heroes, but not just showing it in a video, because there’s a lot of this already, but commenting over it

Sorry about english. Have a nice day guys.

1 Like

Keep in mind that we’re waiting on the beta, not the full release. A lot of stuff we think we know about the game is probably going to change before IBT, then at least one more time before release. It’s a bit foolish spending all that time making official videos when things will probably be different, as well as not spending that time reaching the final release.

They were doing that in the blog a while ago, but stopped to focus on developing the game. And I wholeheartedly support that decision.

Yeah, but they can always do it again, like i said there about overwatch, it’s on early alpha but they’re doing videos about it, if something changes they can do it again talking about the changes, it’s more content to talk about after all. Like happened with Heroes of The storm. They shown something really different from the thing that it’s released today, but they did it just to show and after it changed they did it again with a new trailer etc.

I’m sure that the guys who develop the game aren’t the same that publish, there should be someone taking care of publishing the game that could do it w/out pausing the development, but if not i have to agree w/ you

I think a general video of what the the main 4 classes roles and positions are would be nice, but I think doing all the classes kinda takes the fun away from exploring the game. I think it should be our responsibility to figure out what the classes do and such, that way the game becomes a learning experience and brings the community closer with sharing information and such. Same thing for bosses too >.< I’m not trying to shoot down your idea, but I just like surprises and trying to figure things out XD.

There’s tons of classes and bosses, bring just some of them could make us happier since we can see how’s the international version doing. It would take too much time to bring all the classes combinations, every enemy etc, but it’s like giving something to your dog, you give it a little prize and it will want more.

You can access informations for each class in tosbase. Class simulator, skill simulator, skill videos…they’re all available in tosbase.

I’m purposely not looking up much of anything on it just so I can go in knowing next to nothing besides what sort of class I’d want to use. I’ve seen a few clips of gameplay but that’s about it. I fear if I read in too much info I’ll probably lose my hype I have for it. :fearful:

Yeah, i’ve been avoiding those things, i’ve saw some steparu videos and that’s it, don’t want to spoil my gameplay, but i mean, some videos showing someone speaking for the devs on why they took X or Y decision about making that boss, telling the harsh parts of creating the game and etc could be fun, like a movie commented by its director.

and @Erokhi, i wanted to say more like someone representing the devs comenting above the gameplay how was the development of that part. And videos made by the devs themselves like guides and so could spread more the idea that they wanted to pass in the game so blogs could post more about the game

oh so like behind the scenes stuff. yeah that’s cool :smile:

1 Like

I always like and support the idea of community managers showing some content of the game before it’s made public, like for example before SkyForge’s CBT (that is ending tomorrow) they showed a few characters, a dungeon here and there and some behind the scenes.

Any community manager should be able to produce a simple, short video with no problem at all, almost wasting no time nor money from the development of the game.

Oh, sorry then. I misunderstood your idea. It’ll be interesting for me to see how’s the development going. I’d like to see the voice actors videos the most. Character, map, monsters creation and drawing processes are also interesting as well.

1 Like

reminds me bit to trumps teaching

I am thinking about starting to be producer, i have the feeling the future of the rich people looks to be from the people who also sell their free time, not only their work time

Yeah! And this should help to engage more the community with the managers. Like, someone made a post about a class that he’s wondering how’s gonna work, or how boss react to some skill or strategy, so they make a short video showing it how it’s gonna be. For some it can be a bad thing since it can cut the exploration and testing we could’ve done to know ourselves, but some people don’t mind it and this make us closer to IMC.

@Erokhi, no worries! I probably did said something that passed the wrong idea since my english it’s not one of the best, but certainly i’d like to see fast drawing the maps and assets.

The problem is, the admins don’t look like very active observing this forum. Maybe they’re lacking in staffs. I also think they don’t even have any CM to note our opinions here. So it won’t likely we’ll be seeing those videos soon.

1 Like

I mean, did you see how quickly they dealt with some of the issues around the forum thus far? Practically any problem that has been brought up has been dealt with incredibly fast. Just because IMC isn’t vocal about our opinions doesn’t mean they aren’t listening.

2 Likes

That’s a true statement

Pretty damn good ideas for people examining the game on it’s release in english.

A video that features the uniqueness of ToS would be great or stuff ingame that separates from the common MMORPGS. For example, Trickster Online has a Drill System which is a fun diversity.