Tree of Savior Forum

A list of Actually Known Issues: Jan 15, 2019

Not being able to buy Goddess Cube from Beauty Shop is a minor inconvenience. IT DOES NOT REQUIRE THIS ATTENTION. There are way more pressing issues. I’m sure this will not be a complete list but here is a few of the issues that should take priority over fixing some dumb Beauty Shop bug.

There is no armor exchange The game just got flipped on it’s head and what was the best PvP armor last patch (Cloth) since you could block physical attacks but not magic attacks, has become really bad. All of the most powerful classes are physical, Linker, Reti, Lancer, Piper. The most powerful magic class is like Shadowmancer maybe. That’s not a big deal, we don’t need armor to beat Shadowmancer’s. On top of that, Leather just got a pretty big buff for PvE, so now players who previously disregarded it since the flat crit rate and accuracy(?) meant nothing might now reconsider it. We should not have to farm a completely new set of armor because IMC changed the game. Please add armor exchange.

There is no character name change event A lot of people base their character name on what their class does. When you completely change the game forcing everyone to pick all new builds, a lot of people will end up with very different characters. For example my main used to be called “Lurantis” a pink Mantis Pokemon, if my name was still Lurantis it wouldn’t fit because Druid got ■■■■ on with nerfs and I stopped playing it, I moved my character to the next best tank option. Now I’m a Paladin Inquisitor. I don’t want that to be named Lurantis. Luckily I already changed it last name change event so that specific one isn’t affecting me but I can see a lot of people who are affected by this and I do have lesser characters affected by it.

Gem Feud is broken on so many levels From one shots on crystals and NPCs, to the insane amount of people put into a single instance of Gem Feud, or even the amount of lag caused by all of those crystals dropping and players in a single map! If the games were smaller we could probably wait a week or two for full fixes but as it is now it’s a mess that deserves some priority attention.

Saalus is too “Hard” I can solo Saalus, no problem, I’m not one of those people who thinks you need a party to do it, the issue is that I just don’t want to, we can get 2 gems a day from broken Gem Feud, why bother grinding out Saalus for 3 shards per char and a chance that one is a gem. You devalued the prize of Saalus but made it much worse. It’s okay for content to be “as hard” as Saalus but not Saalus, this is a thing that you grind to gear up, the amount you have to run it for it to matter is too high for the effort you now have to put in.

Shields can’t get gems Shields have sockets in them and yet there is no gems we can put in them or at the very least I wasn’t able to get any gems inside. Although currently all the off-hand effects are pretty offensive. No defensive options.

Armor Penetration is the most important thing in PvP or PvE either way, the only thing that really matters is how much armor you can ignore. I play an Inquisitor, I see everyone else complaining they do no damage, I feel like I melt through people, they have no hp pools and I kill them in 2 hits. I’m not saying it’s bad that we have armor penetration, what is bad is how bad everything else is. Even in PvE I did the raid with Ignas, that first bit where you have to kill like 300 monsters and the spawns are terrible I do wheel + God Smash, I melt everything, I do literally any other skill and I’m there forever, we spent way too long doing that part and why because the only thing that does damage is armor penetration? The insane armor values and terrible HP values of players and monsters alike were a very easy to forsee and very easy to fix issue. It’s not the skills that penetrate armor or the ones that don’t that are the problem, it’s the stats themselves.

Missing Skill Gems Before Rebuild Rank 8 classes were strong, they didn’t need skill gems, hidden classes never had them either. However now that there is no Rank 8 classes, and classes are closer in power, some classes that didn’t have gems before should be getting them. Where is the Enchant Earth Gem? How about Blind Faith? There are also skills that never had gems before but should have and now it’s kind of important. Like Barrier. Paladins Barrier has no gem, why it was a rank 6 class before and now it cost 10 of an expensive mat and lasts only 20 seconds.

Beak Mask is too underpowered and too overpowered at the same time With the removal of bloodletting Beak Mask takes it’s place, which means it has to have 100% uptime, and it does, it feels great to use, it’s a great skill AND DOES NOT NEED TO BE TOUCHED. That said debuff has always caused issues that really didn’t need to exist in the first place since there is a system in place that would easily fix it. We need Beak Mask to be strong, and 100% uptime, because the CC in this game is too ridiculous and you need defensive options against it. Which is why it’s really dumb that Pied Piper and Retiarius have CC that is higher than level 3. Meaning they can CC even if you have Beak Mask. This should not be the case, these skills need to be resisted by Beak Mask, and for that reason Beak Mask is underpowered. At the very same time, Beak Masks allows you to avoid all Debuffs, including DoTs, classes that rely on DoTs like say Druid, PD, or certain Wizards, they’re all getting ■■■■■■ by the fact that Beak Mask is 100% up time, you can never land these skills on them.

It’s a pretty easy fix, just fix debuff levels. CC should be 3 or lower, along with Joint Penalty. These skills should be 100% avoided by players who chose to get Beak Mask as long as they use it, that said a DoT or debuff required to use certain skills should not be resisted by Beak Mask. What is a Bokor supposed to do against a PD? You can’t land Hexing which means you can’t use Effigy and that’s all the class does offensively. Zombies will not do the job. Plague Doctors should not be running through Storm Dust or Chortasmata and laughing at how useless those skills are, but they should also not be getting Slept by Pipers or Silenced by Retiarius’s. Please do not nerf the up time, just fix the debuff system.

This is not a complete list, I am positive I’ve forgotten important stuff, this is just some of the stuff that I remember now that was not in the “Known Issues” post despite being far more important than the stuff that is in the “Known Issues” post.

1 Like

I have no idea what you’re smoking but you need to cut that out.

1 Like

Can we add to the list:

TEMPLAR IS A TRAP AND YOU CAN’T CAST NON-TEMPLAR SKILLS ON THE HORSE BUT CAN’T CAST TEMPLAR SKILLS WITHOUT IT FOR SOME GODFORSAKEN REASON

it literally doesn’t synergize with any other class even a little bit

i get the desire to make it focused GVG but making it completely worthless for PVE or even smallscale PVP isn’t really kino imo.

Huh? I’m putting red/blue gems into my shields for my physical/magical attackers, and I get no problem with that…

I think many of the “issues” you bring up aren’t actually issues to many players but I could be wrong.

Armor Exchange Of course there isn’t an armor exchange. If you followed the news from KTEST, KTOS, and even news that iTOS announced, you would’ve known about the changes to armor sets well in advance. It is quite easy to prepare another type of armor (or farm silver/items incase you need to buy/trade for new armor). With the double cube event, it is even possible to gain velcoffer armor quickly if you cleared weekly. The information was out over 5 months in advance and the company even helped players acquire gear fairly quickly right before Re:Build so I think this is simply poor planning on your part (instead of an actual issue).

No Character Namechange event There is truth to what you said here. It doesn’t affect me personally but I have seen other players with thematic names so this isn’t a bad idea (though I’d hardly call it urgent).

Gem Feud broken Yeah this is an issue that needs fixed. Instantly 1-shotting the crystals with an auto-attack and killing the enemy NPC with a single skill feels bad. The values need changed for this.

Saalus is too hard I don’t see this being an issue at all. The game was far to easy to begin with and this change helps players feel like gear actually matters. I know there are some players complaining because they have a harder time bringing their gearless characters through but that is how a game should be and how Saalus used to be in the past. As you said, Saalus is still soloable if you have the gear and wish to. Players can also party and clear it. Heaven forbid the game have actual content and people can’t be “carried” through saalus as easily for the rewards.

Shields can’t get gems I had no issues putting gems in a shield so it might be a bug that needs fixed if you are having issues. If you are complaining about the lack of defensive options on gems (when used on shields), I agree with you but I don’t think it is a huge issue as much as it is a thematic one. You have many defensive options for the top and leg armors if you choose to (block/evasion/Mdef/Pdef).

Armor Pen I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to this topic. I have no armor pen in PvP and I feel as though I can still kill players. Maybe I’m missing something here. As far as pvm goes, I have no issues killing the ignas mobs with either of my characters. I’m assuming this is more of a damage issue rather than an armor pen issue but you seem to be confusing the two.

Missing skill gems I think this topic is fair enough. There should be more skill gems for other skills.

Beak Mask I think you are fairly bias when it comes to this topic, based on your reasoning here. If I am reading correctly, you want beak mask to lose the immunity to skills that entire classes are based around but then you want it to gain immunity to other higher level CC? I think you are just picking and choosing which skills you personally don’t like to face. This topic might take some time to break down.

To start with… Pied piper sleep doesn’t affect PD with beak mask up, that was fixed during Re:build. The next issue with this argument is simply what you chose to prioritize. It is important for a bokor to be able to land hexing because “… that’s all the class does offensively” (in combination with hexing) but it isn’t important for a pied piper to land CC when that is mostly what the class is meant for offensively? Sounds pretty bias to me. By that logic, what about the Wugushi class? PD has a 100% uptime skill that basically screws any effectiveness of that class’ entire set of skills but you don’t want the skill’s uptime nerfed? Sounds like the definition of choosing beggars. Beakmask is in no way underpowered. If you honestly believe that then your bias towards that class/skill is extremely large. Any skill that gives 100% uptime immunity to the status’ that make other class’ main skills a threat can hardly be called underpowered. You even go as far as to say that, “because the CC in this game is too ridiculous and you need to have defensive options against it” when defending the 100% uptime but you fail to mention the fact that PD is the only class to have this 100% uptime form of immunity to many status’. You basically want to enjoy 100% uptime cc immunity to skills of your choice because of convenience. Your argument is all over the place. I honestly think the skill should have a limited duration with some downtime or go off of a certain amount of cc hits like pied piper’s marschierendeslied skill.

2 Likes

I felt this in TBL when I reach rank 10 + - the players in top 10 have soo much armor I can not barely see any damage when I hit them, swordmans are the most notorious but some clerics too, before that I just melt players with my dagger Trans 1, but when I face some swordmans is too much difference I just hope when I have my dagger Trans 10 (this weekend) can at least make them worry about the damage XD

Armor exchange is necessary, if you had say a +30 cloth top because that was effective in old ToS (I don’t btw) then you would have a hard time replacing that before Rebuild hits, YOU SHOULDN’T HAVE TO, you should just be allowed to swap to plate. As far as I’m concerned Armor has equal reason to be swapped as Weapons do. It’s just not as important to PvE’rs which is the majority of the game. Because the majority of players aren’t getting outraged at this, we don’t get it, IMC forsaw the amount of outrage they’d get if they didn’t offer weapon swapping though so we got that before we even had a chance to be mad about it.

Saalus is for gearing up, try to imagine you have no trans, maybe you join as a group of 5 friends, it’s time to do 3 Saalus a day for the next year and every day is as hard as it is. It’s insane that a content made to help you get your first step is basically the same as the hardest dungeons in the game. Imagine you’ve never gone swimming in your life, but you’re looking to learn so someday you can dive in the ocean and swim around, and instead of letting you practice swimming in a pool you can stand in with water up to your neck/chest someone drops you in the middle of the lake. Ofc you having never swam before sink and drown. And that’s what Saalus is now, it used to be that pool that isn’t too hard, but helps you get gear to do harder stuff. Now though, it’s better to just start off when you hit 360, just do Velcoffer in your 350 untransed berthas gear and then you get the gear that allows you to to do Gem Feud and you go from there, ■■■■ Saalus, 1-2 gems a day taking up so much time effort and potions, and you need 150 for a weapon alone, let alone the armor which is another 200ish? It may not be too hard for me, but I do think this was a poor decision. Games like Mario or Sonic don’t start you off on the hardest level, they give you an easy first level and ramp it up slowly over time, so that you improve as you go.

I guess I just have a bug regarding the gems thing.

Armor pen is strong because we all have ■■■■ hp and high defenses, you may do damage with your high SFRs but for those who don’t have that, the armor pen is the only skills that do anything. My smite does nothing to players even after conviction which also does nothing to players, God Smash kills everyone though. 50% armor pen I can 3 hit anyone in the game. It’s not that armor penetration is broken, it’s the stats, hp was way better than defense in terms of balance.

I think Beak Mask is a little unfair because it resists debuffs and this comes from someone who uses it and must face it. My Conviction will not apply to players which means I don’t get the boost to my God Smash, I also can’t do Malleus to get the debuff. I’m not even as affected by it as other players are, I hear multiple Lancers complaining they can’t people as 1 of the 3 God Classes because their debuffs don’t work. Now ■■■■ those skilless losers for playing such a bullshit class sure, but even lesser classes like Bokor can’t do Hexing, Druid can’t Chortasmata. What are they supposed to do? Most of the players would try to tell you to nerf the up time of the skill, but that feels bad for everyone. You’d still deal with being unable to do ■■■■ to PD for a length of time but PD would be under pressure to finish things fast despite being a defensive class. What should be toned down is it’s effectiveness.

We don’t need the skill to counter everything in the game. It should counter CC because CC is insane and a good player can still win without it, but debuffs, stuff that you actually can’t win without because it is your class, those shouldn’t be countered. Don’t let me get silenced by Reti, don’t let me get Slept by Piper, Do let me take the Crush debuff or Hexing, or Chortasmata. If it worked like that it’d be perfectly fine 100% up time.

1 Like

I dont think that a character name change is a priority.

I do also wanna change the name of my characters to fit their respective builds but there are more pressing matters than changing names.

There is a way more pressing issue: attibute points missing. I had 52k of attribute on my cleric. When I change it to scout, I was left with 25k. It happened with other characters as well. A friend of mine lost almost 1b of attribute points.
It was such a shame that I didn’t took screenshots :tired:

1 Like