Tree of Savior Forum

A first baindaid to enhancement system

You are free to assume what you want Lunar if it makes you feel like you “won”.

1 Like

I don’t mind winning or not.

But if you were so fast to tell me “you’re calling the game P2WIN” right when I told examples of why one would consider it p2win and why one wouldn’t. Simply asking the person if it was related to something else and telling my opinion.

You pretty sure have a strong reason you wouldn’t mind sharing which would be far better instead of trying to play with my words and portrait then with wrong meanings lol - I simply dislike that and will answer accordingly.

But if you think it’s a nice thing to distort other’s wording, w/e xD

not true buddy, in Vindictus I was able to buy a pack of enhance runes for 20$ and protect any weapon I want to +10 (the +11 equivalent of this game) at least and it was fine
I dont have any option like this ToS
Meanwhile in ToS there is nothing to safeguard you to a decent enhance level (+11)
I could get a masinios weapon and try to get it to +11 but without diamond anvils there is a not so low chance that it can just end up +8 0 pot or some ■■■■ after gems

This is the exact reason why theres only 500 people left playing Vindictus in NA.

1 Like

every game dies whats your point? Its like 8 years old
Vindictus enhancement system was a billion times better than ToS’ thats for sure just for the fact that it capped at +15
unlimited enhancement is just crazy retarded

1 Like

Vindictus if you failed enhancement pass +10 your weapon went poof. You are saying Vindictus enhance system is better because of a cash shop item.

Do you not see whats wrong with your statement?

1 Like

People keep to not understand.
It’s not a matter of numbers but it’s all about our dighity,

Playing 7000hours, getting a weapon and ruining it to 0 potential is not something should happen in 2018.

The game MUST have a way to ensure the upgrade in 2018. Yeah, You dont like it? Yhao we are not in 1999 no more.

You can have alot of ways to do this in the currect way: make a 0 potential item “breakable” into 90% of his original materials, make craftable a 100% anvil in a very very hard way, banning all the people who have alot of stuff +16 and on.

Ah yeah about the last sentence:

I saw alot of people with -8000hous of gameplay with about 5-7items +16/+21 with no potential loss or just few potential loss. Ban them plis, it’s just not possible. you want the current math to get those?

Now i’m giving you CURRENT NUMBERS of success to get a +15 weapon.
it should be 0.48% to get a +15 weapon BUT it seems, since you got to hit the item three times the actual % should be arraound 0,05%,
How is possible that always the same people get SEVERAL weapon to +15/+21 with no/just few potential loss? Tell me. it’s not suspicius it’s a certainly abused/hacked feature.

I personally ipgrade more than 100 items the only once i got the +21 item. It’s NOT impossible but i got it once.

How people can get this on the first attempt?

Do people forgot they banned alot of people (just for few days) for the abuse of channel crash? Well channel keep crashing everyday.

go on, tell me how good is the refine system in this game.

1 Like

If you failed past +8 it went poof
The difference is that those cash shop items were freely available to just buy in the shop
They were pretty affordable for the casual player who doesnt want to spend hundreds of dollars on a videogame

You were able to BUY these items unlike in ToS where you have to GAMBLE for diamond anvils that have like a 1% to drop from 1$ cubes

My initial point is that TOS doesnt have anything to protect my weapon from being absolute trash like a +7 0 pot weapon when the recipe alone for some of these weapons costs over 100m
I dont want to gamble away a 150m silver weapon and I want them to change that

Ok I see your point , I apologize.

1 Like

Is all good
I mean in the end all free games (and even some paid ones) are pay2win to various degrees, its just a matter of how much p2win you can tolerate before you want to leave

Small detail.

Weren’t weapon rollbacks on ch crash fixed long ago?

did you tested it?
When channel crash i still have small rollback, so i guess the answer is “no, they didnt”

No I didn’t.

But from dev point of view which means it’s super easy to fix by saving the state to the DB when the anvil dies.

I’d say pretty sure it’s most likely fixed.

The rollbacks that happens on channel crash are related to buffs that contains the field Save=True.

Buffs are either not saved at all or saved on each channel change. If your channel crash the buff will be restored to it’s last state, to the previous channel change before the one that crashed.

Unrelated to how inventory and enhancement works.

Well i hope you are right since anvils make me “lag” during upgrade.

Said that (and i wont make names) they banned people clearing using toskore after “several years” they were using it. So i guess there are still alot of people arround with a cheating engine.
I’m not sure what toskore can do, i eard dupe items and similar. Funny to get a +21 weapon with T10 in an istant.

My “dev” friend told me the constantly write or overwrite on database could cause “problem”.
So it was impossibile to do backup often.
The server should be very powerful to do it.

So he set the rollback every X hours on his game server.
People were abusing and was impossible to fix it at the time.
Because I asked him a fix and he told me this.

But he was dev on a different game, so dunno if tos is like other games in server and database management.

I keep seeing a lot of people with weapons and armor with a nice upgrade on them.
Lucky for 1 time, but not everytime…

I agree that it’s strange. Just like I always disliked how AFK necros/etc could do the same with 23234234 Diamond Anvils, RMT and stuff.

But about hook64:

About normal channel crash putting items on Storage or Team Storage: Actually already happened more than one time (I use the same set of gears with almost all my characters so I use Team Storage a lot).

No item dupped, nothing happened. Same as listing on market and ch1 being crashed right after: Nothing changed.

So while I think it’s pretty strange. I wouldn’t put blame where it isn’t.

Oh yeah, that’s a legit problem. Probably the reason most stuff were saved on load screens.

But on the same time I’m quite sure enhancing won’t be a too big thing to come to that problem. It would require way too many transactions or high amount of big transactions to end up that way IMO ><

But on ToS we actually don’t see the “server rollback” thing so it’s also not much the case (altho it would be if it was used at some point).

Uhm… A little bit.
For example: we are 2000 players, if 500 players will enhance weap at the same time, the server might have several problems because it should overwrite 500 times for each player at the same time.
We could have lag and if the server isn’t powerful enough it might crash.
I’m not expert in database maintenance, but I worked for my “dev” friend in his game server.
I’m talking through experience and what he told me xD

We saw the rollback thing when people let crash channels to re-roll Practonium box.
Was 1 year ago if I remember correctly.
I’m pretty sure it was a rollback.

if you get once it it’s ok.
If you got wtice or more times the one life lottery luck i’d check loogs, and suspicius activities.

And i managed a small ragnarok server, i know it’s not the same BUT it was mandatory to check people who dropped super rare items in a row.

ps. if you got more items like that you are only clearing showing us you cheated.You wont prove anything else

1 Like

Oh yeah, that’s right/correct.

But these things simply doesn’t happen at that rate. There’s other things that are also saved on spot like Increasing Stats, Skill Points, Anvil.

I’m not so sure about exp, it might be on load screen because the frequency they update for every player, for example.

It could still happen though to cause lag with too many things happening at once but that’s too rare nowadays ><

Yup. I’m not sure if that’s fixed or not (I hope it is). But also due to it being saved later on (imo if it’s still like for some stuff that should be changed to prevent future abuse D:)

We are talking about Tos servers! :stuck_out_tongue:
And I have to admit they got a lot improvement since Beta!

If I remmeber correctly they fixed the word that make channel crash, but I don’t remember correctly if they fix the box, I think nope.

Fortunally they changed the box and you get the Practonium at the 1st open.
So I would not worry a lot about this.
Because if you open a box, obtain the item and the box disappear, no rollback can let you abuse it.
But if you open a box, obtain the item and the box is still there, you can abuse it.

1 Like