Tree of Savior Forum

A fall of a game - The problem with the Founder's server

Hello IMC GAMES!

Just to be clear, I’m a big fan of your games. I was waiting for this game for so long, because it reminded me to Ragnarok Online. Many of my friends were hyped too, because it was bringing back the old times. This game caught our attention even in Hungary. One of those articles can be found here. It’s on hungarian language , so basicly you wont understand a word if you don’t speak it. That’s just for the show, so you can see that even in a small country, it was really cherished and waited.

##1, Why not Buy 2 Play?

You see, many AAA games are like that. Guild Wars 2 for example or Elder Scrolls Online. Let’s be honest… Tree of Savior is not a mainstream game and it has a special community build on old Ragnarok players mostly, and of course on the anime/manga fan guys.

There was also a recently released AAA MMO , named Black Desert Online which is F2P in Korea, but B2P in USA/EU. Why is that? Because they realised the same thing as you guys, but instead of going for the early money, they provide us a full game for only 30$.

See the difference? A beta , unpolished, almost indie game wants to take more money than a big, already polished game by far.

Buy to play model would be acceptable, even with these prices. But then no F2P and such a bullshit cash shop.

##2, Subscription model? Maybe…

You see, the monthly subscribtion model is popular too, but many of those games just can’t make it. World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy XIV is going for that, but neither of those base games costs 50$.

Subscription model would be acceptable, but no bullshit cash shop and so on…

3, Three month ahead…killing the community

Well I see why did you do this, you greedy bastards :stuck_out_tongue: Because nobody wants to play alone, not for 3 month…but everybody wants the turkey as fast as possible. You think that those groups will buy the game for the 50$ pack but they will bring their friends along. That’s great! The problem is that the server will be dead, the main point of an mmo, having people around you will be taken out. What’s the point of playing with 50-60 people for that long? Also, if my friends wont buy it, they will be so behind that we can’t play together.

So Korea is getting the game for free as OBT, everyone can play there with friends…

Ok, why did you screwed up us? Do you have problems with our community? You want to separate the people here? Are we worse than Korea? We have no right to play the game in OBT with our friends, cause we have to pay a huge amount of money, unlike them? Not to mention, we will have to pay in-game too, just like them.

4, Not a whine, a farewell

Remember when Final Fantasy XIV failed? The actual director apologized in a public email, that he screwed up the game. Now, you guys showed us how unprofessional are all of you. You only want to milk the cow, but don’t want to work. Where is the passion? The blog, which has pictures where you thank the community their support…honestly?

You guys are disgusting, and whatever happens, that wont change anymore. Even you guys will learn from this and actually improve, just remember, this shot was disgusting and will left a mark on you forever.

For the fellow players

Do not support these kind of developers. Never pay, just let this game rot in the hell of greed.

109 Likes

Did you forgot to take in consideration the 600 TP you gain with the early access? Depending of the value of the TP, this may be only a “buy the in game cash and gain early access”. You are not buying the game.

Many people don’t see the actual problem that 3 months will kill the hype and the game has a high chance to lose a large quantity of players

7 Likes

This is just sad.
I mean, I can easily dish out the cash, but… why? Why would you do this?
I like the suggested model of BUY to Play instead of this… taking advantage of the hype.

10 Likes

Guys, the problem is not the prices. We can all afford that much. The problem is that it’s a free to play game in beta, not even an AAA title.

Not to mention that they are so greedy that on the picture, they couldn’t even spell accessory properly. Trust me, they only care about money.

6 Likes

As I see it, those who will buy the founders will buy the founders.

Those who won’t will not.

It is all about choice, and people have the free will to choose.

IMC gave the option for it. Don’t be too salty over their decision, it is how they want to go with it.

1 Like

50€ for a beta??? Haha ■■■■ u imc.
I know why they do it, they want to make fast money cuz the Game is so Boring and it will not have much player After months. Cuz this Game is not so good like it looks like. ( i played the closed beta …)

2 Likes

A really big question that me and a friend are wondering about is how much is 600 TP, like what can i get for 600 TP? or from the 50 bucks im spending how much of that is for the 600 TP and how much for the early access? because lets be honest i don’t think anyone cares about the hats…

1 Like

I see no problem with that. I will pay for it since I can afford $50 for a one-time-payment.

Same goes for any console game release, I pay around $30~50 then finish the game… after 1~2 months it will be in the shelf along with other titles.

$50 is a fair price. Don’t call jews on them if you will behave the same way.

2 Likes

people praise the b2p system but don’t realize that people can be ripped off so easily with b2p in f2p there is no excuse if you don’t give a good product players won’t support you on b2p they don’t give a ■■■■ if u don’t play cause they alrdy got ur money and besides even b2p has a cash shop AND charges you for expansions wich f2p mmo’s ussualy don’t also there will always be bots in mmo’s i saw many gold spammers in FFXIV and guild wars 2

from what I see in the founder package

3 month = 50usd with 600tp (+100 bonus tp)
2 month = 30usd with 350tp (+50 bonus tp)
1 month = 20usd with 200tp (no bonus tp)

If I’m not wrong …that 600tp should be around that

This game is dead to me, greed ass company, ■■■■■■■ ■■■■ piece of ■■■■ motherfucker. :triumph:

Have a nice day everyone. :blush:

1 Like

Early Access is pretty standard now, but in this case you are getting 600 TP to start as well.

Most early access games don’t give you squat.

AAA titles are crud anyways. I paid $15/month for RO for the longest time and that game got tons of < 5/10 reviews.

2 Likes

This^
IMC DO YOU REALLY HATE US, PPL OF THE WEST!?

3 Likes

I’m out, can’t believe this.

1 Like

Well got this from another post and in case anyone is still wondering…

1st Tier founder packs ($50 / 600 TP) - Nexon KR Equivalent (~$60 for 600 TP)

2nd Tier founder packs ($30 / 350 TP) - Nexon KR Equivalent ( ~$35 for 350 TP)

3rd Tier founder pakcs ($20 / 200 TP) - Nexon KR Equivalent (~$18 for 200 TP)

3 Likes

Yeah if the value of TP is the same, this is a pretty sick deal.

They really screwed it up.

1 Like

I’m laughing really softly at these replies.

“You have a choice!”
“You’re getting 600TP!”
“You’re being stingy!”

I shall join the party.

A) This 3 months bullshit is bad for both the founders and the freemiums. You gonna pay to transfer servers? You know that server the founders start on will probably be dead in 3 months because no one else would play it, right?

B) The 50bucks isn’t the problem.
The problem is that they had to inconvenience other players rather than provide benefits/conveniences.
It was already greedy, that has to be understood.
This? This is just lazy and disrespectful.

C) The guys who think the value of TP being the same is a good deal apparently haven’t seen the item prices in the cash shop on kTOS.
Enjoy the 2-3 Outfits or 1-2 hairstyles you might get from that.

23 Likes

3 months early access? most people will max out their attributes and equipments by that time

if its like a week or 2 then i think it would be ok but 3 months is too much for an early access

1 Like