Tree of Savior Forum

A discussion on nerfing Linker

I made a post but want no discussion or counter argument. Please just agree with me.

That aside i do think that linker could have thinks adjusted like link count having better increases in c3 and c2 and worse in c1 to reward building the support route rather then every mage instantly grabbing c1 regardless of what they are.

3 Likes

I believe that linker has to be moved to higher ranks

Thats a bad fix mainly because it would still be something everyone takes it doesn’t solve the problem also re balancing another classes to lower its rank and take its place is additional work.

I did not think about the combos that linker allows you to other ranks, which makes it interesting, powerful and fun.
I understand, but what do you think? everyone wants to get linker because he is very good or wizard tree is too weak?
[sorry for my bad english]

linker just needs its skill lvls adjusted. At high lvls wizards classes show what they can really do and they defiantly are not weak. While our server is bitching about archers and wizards the Korean server calls them the good classes.

I’m not quite sure I understand this fully but you may be making the mistake pointed out here:

You should speak about balancing issues only if you have played as or wirh majority of classes, otherwise its just childish ignorance.

Linker is fine like now but should be nerfed on 1 thing : Share damage its ok but not multiple damage ( if u deal damage to multiple shared enemies just not add the Share damage to those ones u hit ) . Its tarded to link 5 enemies and deal *5 damage on each one. With pyromancer c1 and linker c1 u deal more damage solo than elementalist 3 … No more comments about nerf this.

The fact you said this proves you know nothing. 5 linked enemies in a aoe only provides double damage.

2 Likes

Please do yourself a favour and read this wonderful thread.

Please don’t nerf Linkers. Going Linker without the benefits it currently gives would make it another class people avoid like the plague.

Calling something OP because a lot of other things are UP does not make it OP. It’s relative. Everything else should be buffed so that Linker is not a must for wizards to be accepted into parties.

2 Likes

OMFG here we go again

1. Wizards are powerful at high lvls and considered among the best in the korean server

2. Nerfing 2-3 powerful classes is easier then buffing 40 classes so the powerful classes will be nerfed whether you like it or not simply due to logistics and time consumption.

3. Adjusting linker to be lvl 5 joint max 3 links/ 10 max 7 / 15 max 12 wouldn’t kill the class it would just stop people from taking 1 rank of it on every wizard so they people that want it to be good need to dedicate some circles to it.

Edit: Before you accuse me of not playing wizard or linker i did during this beta and i decided i would be maining it over other classes and using linker and i still think its current state needs adjustment despite planning on using it.

1 Like

Uh from what I have tried, I can’t link fireball to a player during a duel so I assume joint penalty does not work at all in pvp.
Even from the assumption that it could, one could simply use a dispeller.
Hangman knot is already resisted by some monsters or it is a bug.

Joint penalty at the moment makes enemies linked take damage twice when hitting multiple targets (+100% damage)…
I think we should remove the second damage and make it available as an attribute balanced such as :

• Linker C1 : attribute not available, damage are shared but AoE only deal damage one time even when hitting multiple linked targets
  • Linker C2 : attribute available up to level 1, additionnal damage up to 50% of the original damage
  • Linker C3 : attribute available up to level 2, additionnal damage up to 100% of the original damage (what we have currently)

This way linker 1 is still useful to hits multiple targets just not multiplying AoE damage by 2 and linker 2 and 3 are viable as damage support and we can keep hangman knot at circle 1.

Something like this I think. I will personally include linker in my wizard tree anyway for thaumaturge swell body combo so I don’t really mind if it is left OP …

2 Likes

Strange, I took a link with two fireball in a duel against a linker …
It was the most disturbing thing I’ve ever faced in pvp
[Sorry for a bad english]

I would prefer they nerf some other way. I use linkerC1 in my summoner 3 build because I have nothing else worthwhile taking at C3 and I want to be able to use link in Arena (on 5 targets).

I think the right nerf is moving hangman knot to c2 tbh. Idk what to put as new 4th skill.

1 Like

Exactly what you described yourself doing is the problem. thats why penalty needs lower targets 1st circle

Linker was already nerfed and it’s completely ok for pve now. Joint penalty used to make all the 5 monsters linked take 5 times the damage, now it’s only 2 times.

As for pvp, not only linker but many other skills need to be changed, and I agree that joint penalty on a 5 members party + hangman’s knot is something completely absurd and OP, but they don’t need to nerf the skills to achieve balance there. They could limit their use in some way on a pvp/gvg cenario without changing the pve effect.

Don’t misunderstand, I don’t think that wizard is a weak class that won’t survive if linker gets nerfed. Not every wizard gets linker c1, there are a lot of cryomancers that get to c3 without linker, a lot of pyros that get to c3 without it as well. There are even wizards who go cryo + psycho and no linker.

Maybe your point is that mobs linked get completely obliterated by a party and it’s no fun, but is the problem really the linker skills? Maybe the reason for the obliteration is the insane damage that some players in the party are doing because of unbalanced stats and skills and the result would be the same without the link bonus damage, or maybe that’s just how the game works when there are a lot of monsters together on a small area and 5 people hit them.

If this monster gathering is the real problem, using skills like frost pillar ou swash buckling instead of hangman’s knot would have the exact same “OP” effect, they can even gather more than 5~8 monsters.

IMC is well aware of how wizards can escalate quickly to become OP with the new classes to come, that’s why 3 of their circles got nerfed, but not linker.

3 Likes
  1. Didn’t realize we were in Korea. But while on the subject, highest DPS wizard builds don’t include Linker. Linker is a choice to make the grind more enjoyable while sacrificing some direct damage.
  2. Just because something is easier does not make it right.
  3. Nah, it wouldn’t kill anything, but it would make Linker much worse and perhaps unnecessary for any DPS wizard. It would make the pure DPS wizard more desirable, that’s for sure.
  4. Bloody, you’re not yourself when your hungry. Here, have a snickers. Better?
5 Likes

And then they grab linker after their out of pyro/cryo ranks. Sure not everyone did it, just 99% of wizards did. Its like not every player tried barb but 99% of them did. Still says something when a overwhelming majority of the players are doing the same thing

No, they grab elementalist/sorcerer/necromancer/alchemist/chronomancer.

Just as Defect said, highest DPS wizard builds don’t include Linker, and it’s a fact that many wizards never get the linker circle.