Tree of Savior Forum

A B2W game? The future of ToS

B2W= Bot to win, i know im beating a zombie horse:

• the staff needs to make some kind of official announcement on how they are dealing with the bot that took up leveling. No amount of White Knights can save you from taking this issue head on.

There not way to even defend you guys from the bot threads that are being made. You guys heard the suggestions and made a level requirement for megaphones, great the band aid gave you time, that is not enough anymore as they are leveling fast.

If you do not figure out a way to stop it, it will get to big for you to handle. There is many high level bots now, which begs the question why are they not chat spamming. I seen other games use shield guards, captcha, etc… We need something to help stop the farming. Massive amounts of bots farming on a already OVERLY REPORTED MAP (MAnahas).

The bot on the screen shot is level 100 and still going btw

5 Likes

flagged post for stupidy and spam…

stop being a idiot. and learn to help them instead of your idiotic whine…

1 Like

Yeah, make sure to use the bot report button and turn the bots in.

1 Like

Flag for being a bot ingame, XOXO

You lack critical reading skill, i was suggesting they take note of the problem, also i did suggested something that could help, but you are to much of a troll to read properly it seems

Maybe people will use the upcoming report feature like is mentioned in the most recent official announcement.

1 Like

See my thread: Token players ability to blacklist bots

Basically, Token players should be able to report and blacklist bots. Let’s say, if a bot has at least 10 or 20 different people report him, he will be auto switched into a blacklist channel. Think of it as a soft ban. Hundreds of players see the same bots pass by everyday. It will be easy for the bot to accumulate reports. GM’s are always too busy looking for the RMT who control the bots. This lessens their work wasting time banning bots to the players and allows GM’s to concentrate on RMT’s. Win-win scenario.

And before anybody thinks this can be abused, it will have consequences if you try to report innocent players. If you report innocent players, you will be warned and if you keep doing it, you will be banned, simple as that.

Well, looks like they already put something up… I was expecting an in game report function, but it looks like they made a bot reporting section on the forums.

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/c/gameplay-reports/bot-reports

Edit i reread the first link i posted and it does say in game reporting feature, so i guess the forums report section is in addition.

Do you think we can keep up with reporting 100-200 bots, so the staff investigates fake from real and manually bans them. The number is super low, pretty sure the bots we ill increase exponentially on F2P launch.

u can try but they won’t say anything. i alredy understood how they work, they pretend they ignore everything and BAM, tuesday IMC comes to life and do something, lets wait and see

1 Like

I hope we can all agree that it really really sucks that they do that :confused:

yeap, if they said ssomething the could have saved steam score in the last week.

1 Like

While I like the idea of it, it reminds me too much of games that either have no mercy and ban anyone with the slightest offense or games that are too soft and over-run. Also I’m not sure if I like letting the player base like that decide who to blacklist.

For instance, imagine if say a BR spoke in Global chat. The Nationality war in the megaphones would have most of the xenophobes all report the guy probably just asking if someone could party with them or if they’re selling a weapon or something. Granted the person in question would be found innocent, but it’d still dampen the experience for people who end up in that state.

1 Like

Calm down, white knight. Flagged because offense.

I like how GM durian type in game yesterday saying “We will do something about the bots” and poof. Meanwile bots are still being bots…

Well there is a thing about a reporr system. Users might report nonbots ones as bots… They need to implement an auto detect system, this is not gonna work for good…

So far, only captcha works. But trolls are still gonna abuse it… that’s why we can’t have good things.

Yea, that pretty the dilemma. How to implement a system that detect only bots and not players.

In another note:
I remember some private servers would freeze you in place and ask you to answer a question like what level is that bat?

I wonder if implementing the “second password” system would work?

Look… no CAPTCHAS do not work… they just don’t. There’s so many ways to get around them for anyone who is determined…

EDIT: Note that the above stackexchange was back in 2013. The technology has only improved since then!!

Also 2013: 90% accurate CAPTCHA solver

Google in 2014 with a 99.8% accurate CAPTCHA solver

I think this guy ^ not even playing the game and just trolling forum he says the game 100% free, no paywall, not many goldsellers, etc but not happy with that he pathetically try to offend those who play and care about ToS…

Flagged

1 Like

I wonder if the free to play model is what makes it so appealing to bot, im just trying to figure how is it that there is not that many, if any bots in WoW. I get is P2P, but with the new token system they have botting and gold selling would be viable, yet you dont see that in game(Is there but is minimal is what i mean).