Tree of Savior Forum

50% Increased Respawn Rate in Field Zones is literally placebo

I just went and tested in Baron Allerno with a stopwatch, it was exactly 2:00 inbetween spawns exactly the same as before. @STAFF_Ethan or anyone else care to pitch in? Literally nothing has changed regarding spawns since the patch and i say this after cold hard testing and timing, not “feelings”.

Spawns in the game are still governed by a 2 minute delay for normal mobs and 5min for bigger ones.

Everything said here is still true for the game as of right now:

10 Likes

Bumpity bump :sunglasses:

We know.
We all know.

It looks like the spawnrate got changed… but for the wrong system…

This is absolutely a communication problem, when the patchnote says:

Most players are not thinking about the “Smartgen” system!! The use of ‘field’ is also super misleading, it leads certain people, who shall not be named, to think that this increase in mob spawn rates is only increased in outdoor maps. If players are complaining about low spawn rates, why the heck would you only increase spawns in some maps but not others? The language in the patch notes used needs to be more precise and less prone to misinterpretation.

So why didn’t the request for higher spawn rates, pan out the way the community thought it would? Is this miscommunication?

Then let us be clear, I am quite certain 90+% of the community means increase the rate at which server is checking whether to spawn enemies from 2 minutes to 1 minute.

The alternative is that imc knows what we want but either won’t or can’t do it. In either case, a more detailed explanation would be greatly appreciated. Letting this float around and letting misunderstandings accumulate is a grevious error. Start communicating better!

@STAFF_Ethan, @Staff_Julie

2 Likes

We do.
The devs don’t seem to get it =P

1 Like

Wel one more thing that losr them people.
This game have so much bad systems in it its sad .
The try to reinvent the wheel in way to much places.

Ah, I even forgot to thank you for taking an empirical approach to this issue! You got my like!

Be sure to read the summary I posted in this thread though, as imc did technically increase spawn rate… it’s just not the one that most of us thought was needed or were expecting…

Just put spawn rates back to icbt2 levels and be done with it, I don’t even see why they were changed in the first place. Is IMC so damned clueless to what the spawn rate and trading system this game has is going to do when f2p hits and the masses get in? You can’t have a mmorpg where trading is restricted in anyway its just stupid, you also can’t have a grind based mmo with spawn so terribly bad you can fall asleep between spawns.

For example vubbe fighters in crystal mine 3f, in the database and game files it says 3 are to spawn every 60s regardless of what mobs are around them etc. Yet their repop time is 5 mins, and if the zone “area” is not completly clear of mobs (even if 1 is left there) the spawn time is skipped till the next 5 mins. I don’t know about you but whoever at imc decided this is a moron.

Video here shows the ktos(I think) and icbt2 spawn rate, then our current rate before the supposed 50% faster they did (which I still don’t see it doing anything) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f34FGRngzPU I don’t see anything wrong with that spawn rate or any reason why they needed to change it at all.

2 Likes

No wonder I can’t find a single vubbe fighter in a channel I’ve been camping for 5 hours…

apparently the servers are so lame they cant have lots of players and monsters for long befor they starting to lag and all that crap.
If its really the case the if imc dont get new server and give people free transfer + all the items and silver they have befor f2p. Then see what servers get full and restrict new players from start there.i dont see how this game will work in the long run. There like 400 lvls more we dont have.
Ff14 arr didvso and it works. Yes its not perfect but working.

If this is the case it’s basically like saying:

“Experience gain has been doubled.” And proceed to double the experience on lv3 exp cards and nothing else lol.

3 Likes

It’s funny too because the Respawn rates were 1 of the only things done right in the game. There were density problems on most maps later on, but not only did they not adress those but also proceeded to change Respawns in the worst way imaginable.

I just can’t see in what way the game improved since icbt2 honestly. Core features of the game were cut back, respawns became objectively worse and stability doesn’t seem 1 bit better than it was back then.

1 Like

Well all this would be helped tremendously if there were better communication about these major issues… but we really only seem to hear substantive answers and responses on things like game bugs and server instability.

You’d think they could at least say “Hey, we’re really busy dealing with server stuff but we see this and we’ll get to it in a month”. But no, we don’t even get that lol.

1 Like

Bumping this in hopes for an answer.