Tree of Savior Forum

50,000 Kills Later~

I believe you are right about classes having something to do with drop rate of certain items.

You see, I played on the closed beta as an archer and when I got to the Ramstis Ridge I killed a couple of Desert Chupacabra and got the ears.The exactly same thing happened while playing this time also as an archer. (archer c2>ranger c2>rogue c2)

But this ideia just came to me when a friend of mine, who is a cleric, got her Fox Mask from the Madakias while we were grinding on Mausoleum 5F, cause guess whatā€¦ the same thing happened on the closed, she got herself a mask but I never got one. (cleric c2>priest c3>krivis c1)

I got 3 more Desert Chupacabra Ears for some friends of mine, but couldnā€™t get one Fox Mask.

Those items arenā€™t rare and maybe it is just coincidence but it is weird to exist such a coincidence.

20218 kills

Total:
1 Red Orb
1 Blue Orb
2 Monster Gems
3 Golden Anvils
8 Exp Cards
115 Clubs
116 Rods
959 Shells

Got the reply. Better than the ā€œYou werenā€™t lucky enoughā€ response.

Greetings Savior!

Thank you for contacting us!

We highly appreciate your inputs and insights regarding to Tree of Savior. We will forward this suggestion to our proper department for further review.

If you have any other concern, let us know and weā€™ll gladly assist you.

Regards,
Tree of Savior Support Team

6 Likes

I too, pray that something good will come out of all our efforts. Iā€™m on my witā€™s end as well sitting for long hours just trying to get the boater because weā€™ve been doing this for days, not to mention bots and selfish people ruining the ā€œchannel mob killsā€.

I currently have:

• 104,049 kills
  • 12 Infrorocktor Gems
  • 33 Level 1 EXP Card
  • 13 Golden Anvils
  • 13 Blue Orb
  • 12 Red Orb

I even had a conversation with the former Rank 1 of the Infrorocktor kills on my server and we were both speculating the same thing as the channel kills you guys have been mentioning.

Iā€™ve noticed most of the screenshots with low kills and a boater seems to be using a low level char. Even in inven, someone posted they got their boater at 2.6k kills and their character is just level 33 and so I thought maybe itā€™s affected by the character level but I highly doubt it.

I made a new character, an Archer to test this out and I got the ā€œraresā€ (Gem/Orb/Anvil) at around 2.5k kills. The ā€œchannel mob killsā€ might just be the case in here but who knows. I will probably just subscribe onto this thread and wait for someone else to get it. (or if IMC will have mercy on us)

I giggled. :smile:

4 Likes

I got the hat. After talking to Ingel and seeing the Korean blog and matching to my own experience, I can say with relative certainty that the hat drops at around 100k kills on a single channel, and this count resets on maintenance. I got mine at 118k kills, where 14k were before maintenance, 3k were on the ā€œwrongā€ channel, and 101k were on the one channel I was working on for a few days.

Basically, every 10k kills you should see a set of red orb, blue orb, and monster gem drop in relative succession. Sometime after the 10th red orb, the hat will drop.

Edit: This is Orsha, and I just deleted a lot of unnecessary info from my post lol.

3 Likes

Thanks. With how little boaters are on every server, I was suspecting that the counter reset on maintenance.

I might gonna retry this again and make fresh archer to test this. Just gonna wait after maintenance and go ham afterwards.

Theoretically, how much would the hat sell for?

I imagine if I list it as 50m and broadcast it, wouldnt everyone just report the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of it?

Iā€™d trade you my crafted windrunners at the most for it lol.

White Boater would probably go for at least 4-5 pena ( crafted). Honestly though, I would just keep it, a full potential White Boater means you farmed it yourself, and that is a HUGE collectors value.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure kids like warrock would love to rmt for it

tbh most people that would be willing to RMT for it would rather buy your account. The hat is desired as a collectors item, buying/trading for it hurts that value. Same reason pawn stores offer you less if you tell them your received the item from someone.

I agree with that but such a rare item could could be grounds for some people to rmt for it. Anyway grats in advance tho those trying to get it i certainly do not have time to farm 100k kills for it but best of luck to those trying

We wonā€™t know until we talk to the big boss himself.

Someone should PM or Mail him. Instead of wasting time on this copy pasta support of theirs.

In an effort to verify this, Iā€™ll give the grind a shot again after this upcoming maintenance (if I have the time for it, that is). Iā€™ll still continue at 10k kills a day for now and then Iā€™ll jump up to 20k after maintenance.

Although, it seems like this could be a possible coincidence, to me at least, since I donā€™t see how anyone would have ever found this hat in the first place. If it turns out that the conditions you mentioned are, indeed, required for the drop, I wonder how many other hats exist with the same drop mechanics.

If 100k kills is needed in any one week between maintenance daysā€¦ Iā€™m totally willing to tag team farm with more people on one channel. Split however many ways, farming however many weeks until everybodyā€™s got their hat.

Just keep in mind that I donā€™t usually farm more than 10k a day. (This weekend has been busy for me so I did 0 today)

31103 Kills

Total:
2 Red Orbs
2 Blue Orbs
3 Monster Gems
6 Golden Anvils
15 Exp Cards
149 Bones
180 Clubs
180 Rods
1434 Shells

1 Like

I can confirm this. Usually infrorocktors drop 2 orbs / 3 orbs then gem in short period of time. After that you will not see any rare drop for long long time (1+ hours)

1 Like

As much as Iā€™m interested in the elusive White Boater, Iā€™m finding the data some of you guys have collected far more interesting.
Seems alot of your kills put Blue/Red Orbs and Gems at around .01%
Exp Cards seem to be around .02%

And most interesting of all alot of you are implying that these rare drops use some sort of algorithm rather then RNG(eg. item drops after x kills rather then x% to drop each kill). Although Iā€™ve had 2 White flower hairpins drop with even a few kills of each other.

In regards to that Iā€™m just wondering if anyone has any feelings of how it works. Like are drops linked to charactes, channel or server(like if red orb drops on 1 channel does the count reset for all channels, just that channel or is it character specific).
Sorry if I came to the wrong idea here, but with such a large pool of data if its true it would be a good time to suss it out especially since knowing this kind of stuff could save alot of time farming.

40766 Kills

Total:
3 Red Orbs
3 Blue Orbs
4 Monster Gems
6 Golden Anvils
17 Exp Cards
196 Bones
232 Clubs
232 Rods
1833 Shells

@Ingel
That is exactly what Iā€™ve experienced. The only reason I have one more monster gem is due to not sticking with the same channel. So Iā€™ve messed up my first 9k-12k kills.

@HowYouSoGudd
Yeah, there definitely seems to be a lot of interesting data while doing this grind. The blue/red orbs and the monster gems seem to follow the kill threshold conventions while the exp cards and golden anvils seem to be completely based on probability (and golden anvils may possibly be capped at 3 drops per dayā€“Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll find out soon enough).

Edit: Iā€™m thinking that all equipment drop conventions are item specific (rarer ones having a kill requirement attached). Crafting items seem to be completely rng based.

As far as drops are concerned, Iā€™m now fairly certain they are channel based, and Iā€™m really starting to believe that the kill requirement for the white boater is 100k kills in a week (before the maintenance resets the channel count). But yeah, I agree, I think a lot of good data can come from this. I may attempt to get the 100k kills before maintenance, but it would be quite a stretch.

At my current kill rate, it takes 10 hours for 30k kills; so, around 33.3 hours for 100k kills. Iā€™ve still got another 20 hours to go, and possibly more since I messed up the first 10k by switching channels instead of being consistent.

2 Likes