Tree of Savior Forum

50,000 Kills Later~

IDK if I’m correct or not.

I might have counted wrong because some randoms walked by and killed some turtles while I was testing it myself.

Read post #204.

Honestly, the player’s Adventure Journal clearly shows the White Ribbon Decoration Boater as a listed drop achieved thru normal looting. Otherwise the journal entry would not exist ie: if they just passed the item from a bot like some would claim. This person also stated he/she got the item a little over 2 months ago, the chances/algorithm may have changed since. It’s a little unfair to see some posts discredit this individual when they presented evidence of their immense luck (1455 kills).

Edit: Removed Hyperlink

Do you mind telling me what monster gems you got 2 of within 200 kills?

And I agree people shouldnt be treating it like fact, so far we’ve only seen “trends”. There’s nowhere near enough collective data to prove it and even that data can be tampered or altered.

Personally speaking i did notice a similar trend when i was hunting Melinas Staff, I got quite a few boots and gloves, i’d have to log in to check, but if i was there for awhile i would also get boot then glove (or vice versa: didnt think much into it at the time). I think there was one instance where the other didnt drop. By the time i finished i had nearly a 1:1 ratio of each which to me that seems a bit too coincidental, RNG is never so kind.

tanu flower?
ehehehehehe

In a group page of mine, another one got White Boater with 5700 kills only, if Dpk is a thing I feel sorry for those people who grind 100,000+ just for the boater.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I was unable to capture the hat as it was dropping due to it landing directly on me. You’ll also have to excuse my mouse acting oddly; it doesn’t work well when I use it through steam streaming.

Screenshots
http://i.imgur.com/2K3lDRm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ue0o9ou.jpg

98409 Kills (~90k in channel 9)

Time: ~34 hours. I think I pushed it too much. I was at 20k kills two days ago, but I likely wouldn’t have had time to do it this upcoming week.

Totals:
1 Boater
9 Red Orbs
9 Blue Orbs
9 Golden Anvils (doesn’t show correctly in the log)
8 Monster Gems (missed the one at 70k kills)
41 Exp Cards
419 Bones
570 Rods
571 Clubs
4369 Shells

I definitely believe there is a strong DPK element to this loot system, with a slight bit of RNG after the death count is reached (and it is a channel specific death count). The reason I’m saying this is due to the fact that if a club drops, you’ll always get a rod afterwards. The one exception to this rule is when the drop cycles of rods and clubs are extremely close to one another, and this is where I believe the very small RNG factor comes into play (edit: “For weapons, the respective class has double points in the dpk system. Meaning swordmans gets sword,2handsword by half DPK required of the other 3 classes.”). And only once did both a rod and a club drop at the same time (from a normal mob). While this may not sound like conclusive proof, a completely probability based drop system would definitely have two of the same item dropping consecutively. Lastly, I just want to say that this may possibly only apply to the infrorocktor map, and more testing should be done elsewhere.

As for the kill count requirement on the channels, it would be interesting to see two people do an experiment where one kills infrorocktors until a club or rod drops, and then have the second person start killing to see if a rod or club drops. If this test is repeated many times with the same results, I think it could be interesting.

Due to it being the end of the week (maintenance-wise), it could potentially be the reason for my kill count being sub 100k for the drop, and those who obtained it at a low kill count could have possibly farmed for it on channel 1 towards the end of the week (and perhaps obtained it from a map where a couple of people were farming for it). I definitely believe that anyone could have come into my channel and got the drop via RNG (after the kill count was reached, I mean).

13 Likes

I got it as well.

As for my totals, they are in the screenshot, missing are 20 golden anvils and 96 exp cards. I have inflated totals because of Double Pay Earn (too bad I didn’t get a chance to use it on the boater).

During my first 150k I switched around channels a lot. 10k here, 5k there, 25k when I felt something special in that channel. Didn’t get a boater, and then someone posted their 100k white boater channel theory. That was when I switched my farming strats, and focused on the one channel. Around 60k kills later, I got it.

I don’t have a record of my orbs or gems, but I remember that I got each orb around 10k kills in between, with a ±2000 margin of error. There may or may not be drop-per-channel shenanigans, who knows. All I know is that I will swear by it the next time I farm something, because I’m not going through that 90 hour hell again.

Good luck to anyone else attempting this rigged mini game called “Defeat the 100000th Infrorocktor!”.

9 Likes

Congrats.

So I guess this confirms Infrorocktors drop White Boater or has that already been established? lol

1 Like

Just curious, did you happen to catch how many kills it took?

Yup, around 60k. I can’t confirm the 100k thing, but it was a channel I had farmed a decent number on earlier in the week after maintenance.

1 Like

Ah, I see. Thanks for the information, and congrats. The grind really feels like it lasts forever.

1 Like

congrats aswell…
Also just to add to the theory about DPK i noticed this on tosbase

Read the last comment
"I found Infroroctor Gem (Deprotected Zone skill +1 on weapons or boots) and Red/Blue Orb from them, drop chance unknown, i was hunting for the bones, but got all those 3 items instead"
I’m guessing since the bones are quite a high chance comparatively(1/200) they werent there very long. It was also posted a month ago so assumingly unbiased but tends to follow the trend you guys have mentioned.

1 Like

Congrats to all of you who got their boaters! If it is really a DPK item like I’ve assumed too, do you guys think it’s better to just go to an isolated channel and do another 100k?

Or just start farming after a few days from maintenance?

Because I’m really exhausted and sad right now. I’ve picked Channel 8 and started my grind there last week but there’s constant douchebags who’d go there and steal kills intentionally. A bot arrived a day after and so I immediately reported it in the forums and a GM replied to it. I’ve decided to resume my kills just now and to my fcking surprise it’s still there. Since we’ve been thinking it’s a DPK stuff I’m going to assume the bot just destroyed all my effort on channel 8 so I’m asking what do you guys suggest. It’s really a bummer…

3 Likes

Excellent information.

Like you, I obtained the orbs and gems in the very same way. A ±2000 margin is about right.

Haha, and yeah, I’m not going through that again either. I’m probably going to take a two day ToS break, actually.

1 Like

Listen to Vampyre of Time and Memory on repeat while farming, with a picture of “FeelsBadMan” as your desktop background.

So QotSA are RNG gods?

QotSA are gods.

20 something

Hmm, it is hard to say. I just knew going into it that I was in for the long haul. I planned on shooting for 110k kills. I’m kind of unsure whether it is better to burst grind it over two days or spread it out over the week. By spreading it out, I’d definitely worry about the kill count, but burst grinding it is painful (especially when you keep your eyes on the grind the entire time). If my monitor was working currently, I’d probably have something playing on the side while doing it, but instead I had to rely on steam streaming to my desktop through my laptop (playing at 2560 x 1440 on a 1440 x 900 laptop).

I did encounter one bot three hours before I obtained the hat (it was actually a Chinese farmer), but I prevented him from getting any kills for twenty to thirty minutes and he actually changed channels.

But yeah, I’m not sure what to recommend, really. Being a QS when doing the grind made it difficult for anyone to take kills from me, but I also made sure to let the new characters get their 5-10 infrorocktor kill quest finished.

1 Like

May I ask what server are you on?

Yeah that sucks. I don’t know what I would do in that situation… If the bot is still there, I wouldn’t suggest continuing there, because a) what you said, b) the bot may get it in front of your eyes. Actually, if you know how many you’ve killed in total on that channel, you can try to calculate how many infrorocktors the bot has killed by observing the bot for 10 minutes, then do a rough estimation of the total number of kills the bot has accumulated (assuming it was there 24/7 since it first appeared). If this amount is lower than 100k, quickly hire an oracle in your server for some “bot”-kicking, and then go from there?

@Takemi Same here, though I may quickly recover after a day in time to preview the new costumes, heh.

1 Like

I play on Klaipeda.

/20chars