Tree of Savior Forum

50,000 Kills Later~

I think this can be attributed to where the mobs carrying those items spawn. They usually spawn at the same time for me but if one spawns on one side of that middle tree and one spawns on the other side, I may get about 15 kills inbetween dropping either rod or club.

Also, congrats on boater xD

I play on Orsha, going to try for boater again after maintenance.

Also, holy ■■■■, it only takes one guy saying they got boater after ~12k kills to convince people that this isn’t real? Get out. That only begs to question that ~90k infrorockters weren’t already killed before it. If somebody can show 2 boaters falling within (what’s the drop count, 101k?) 99 k of eachother, I’ll bite my lip off. And the only way to stage that is to: find the infro that will drop boater via Oracle, keep it alive while murdering all other infrorockters ~101k times as a preempt, killing the known boater carrier, killing everything else till second boater drops. And that’s a lot of stupid work.

1 Like

Read the post there are 2 confirmed kills in NA…

Yeah, that would be be interesting to test. The more information the better. Hopefully you’ll obtain yours after maintenance. Good luck, and thanks.

I was thinking the same thing.

1 Like

Hmmmm that bot could have gotten your boater and then some, it may have leaded you higher in the kill count for the next boater. Buuuut I wouldn’t gamble on it. I would say it’s easier to take a isolated channel but that also means more grinding. I’m going to be trying to tackle that boater again after this maintenance but I’m also adjusting my grind strat. I’ll be killing 15k every day (no more than that, I don’t need the burnout) and I’ll push for 30k on the final stretch to close the kill gap in case other people have killed my infros. If that doesnt fall me a boater, I’ll probably give up until this winter/next summer when I’ll have time again to try.

Well now Takemi got it on Klai so i suppose my question was answered xD i believe before that people where worried the drop might be bugged, since there was several people killing hordes of infrorocktors and got no boater for a while.

Anyways congrats on your hat @Takemi :smiley:

And good luck to everyone else grinding (o.o)b

3 Likes

Theres also a reported drop on orhsa also

Wow so it actually does drop on Klaipedia. Well now I regret giving up on it a few days ago. From my experience though, I grinded about 50-70k kills this week on an isolated channel and didn’t get it with about 5-15k kills per day. Prior to that I for my 80-100k kills it was split up about 20k or so a day before last week’s maintenance happened and I didn’t get the boater either.

So, do I have to grind around 60-80k infrorocktors in a single week on only one channel to get this thing? Or do I have to grind like 30-60k infrorocktors in one single sitting? If the boater hasn’t already been obtained on the channel I was grinding on, then I could possibly get it today as it’s the last day before maintenance. Sadly, I have work in a few hours and won’t be back until 3hrs before it starts. D:

I’m not sure if I should bother with grinding infros today before maintenance. Maybe it’s better to wait until tomorrow and start grinding.

I see, thanks. I’m also from Klaipeda.

Here’s some information.

I was killing those turtles and saw a pattern. If a rod drops the next drop will be a club, I noticed every 200 Kills a rod drops so I killed like 194 and called a friend to kill the remaining 6 and guess what happened? a rod dropped.

Edit: Same channel.

Edit: So, yeah, confirmed. this drop system is ■■■■. lmao

3 Likes

Yeah, you’ll need to grind up to 100k infrorocktors kills on a single channel in a week. You don’t necessarily have to grind them in one or two sittings, but the more you spread the grind out, the less predictable the drop will become (due to others killing the mobs, which increases the kill count). And if someone else obtains the hat while you’re away or sleeping, the kill count goes back to zero on that channel.

DPK has some advantages (i.e., control and predictability), but that is about it. It isn’t so bad for drops with a low kill count requirement, but for something requiring 100k kills, it can be quite an undertaking. For instance, if you’re right at the kill count, anyone could walk up, kill a mob, and obtain the hat–instantly wasting all of your effort.

My single goal going into this was to test if 100k kills on a single channel in a week would produce a hat, and it just so happened to work. I didn’t take the “100k theory” very seriously at first, but as I started the grind, I noticed the obvious DPK repetition that appeared with the blue/red orbs and gems (as well as the rod and club drops).

Anyway, thanks to the information provided by @kymemy and @ingel, we’ve gained a much better understanding of this drop. This thread started out with doubt, then rumors, then the accounts from those who’ve obtained it, to something predictable and attainable. The rest is left to those thinking about attempting to grind for this hat while considering how much time is worth investing, and potentially wasting, to obtain it.

8 Likes

No offense but can you explain my 22k kills in a single day , in a singe channel, with no one else there…I got 0 monster gems.

If this whole DPK thing actually existed that would be mathematically impossible as I would be at least guaranteed 1 gem at that point, and 2 @29,999 kills…right?

I’ve had no monster gem for up to 30k kills before but they were spread out. The DPK system makes sense if someone else got the monster gems in between sessions of my breaks.

Also, I don’t know about others but I find it pointless to use any weapon. I stock up on 25+ lv10 SP pots, take off my main hand wep and equip a vuvuzela for the lulz. I oblique shot everything and they die in one hit so there’s no point in having a weapon equipped. It saves you some money from repairing too. XD

2 Likes

Repairing weapons :O? That’s a waste IMO because when I hunted a bit of infrorocktor I noticed that I can 1 shot them without anything but my fist, and that doesn’t degrade my armor. Although, I am a mage so I could just jump while throwing my fists into the air, throwing white energy balls at them.

1 Like

This is all starting to sound silly

What does durability have to do with a drop system, and who in their right mind would implement that?

This is tin foil hat ■■■■ man.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I definitely am. But we are talking about a drop rate of at least .001%. So to even be attempting to gather stats on this without there being nearly a billion incidents of infrorocktor kills, is rather silly.

But I guess you have to start somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to add some more information, someone on reddit made a comment about DPK from CBT here:

Basically said that there was a min/max set on the loot tables. This would explain why weapons werent dropping on 200 kills but around 200 kills.
I cant verify the truth to it but just some more information.

Also i have another theory, most people seem to believe its tied to channels, i’m having a feeling that its also tied to spawns. This would explain some of the outliers in the data. I read in the other topic someone got 2 Siaulamb Lagoon Gem in a small number of kills. I noticed on TOS base they had 2 different spawns.

edit: fixed spelling on data

2 Likes

Probably be difficult to properly test or more so find a mob worth testing on. Infrofroctor only has one “spawn” even if its spread out.

I was hoping @musumane would tell me what gem they had drop so i could check it on tosbase but they havent responded yet.

I might try testing it myself with a high DPK item if i can find a mob and spawn that its worth doing.

Yeah, I’m not sure what mob would be good to test it with either. I just think the idea could produce some interesting results if executed properly.

If anyone does have any evidence of obtaining two gems in a short period of time, that would be nice to see.

To anyone farming roktors atm you may want to hold off; there appear to be a few bugs this time around after maintenance that may be addressed within hours to a day or two. Something about cut scenes locking players etc, and even the unnamed bot spam we’re receiving, may require a brief maintenance to address.

After even very short emergency maintenance periods (~30min) all WB are reset and this may impact your current tests related to DPK and collecting your boater.

Then again we may not get another maintenance until next week, so, it’s really up to you to decide if it’s worth starting right now XD

2 Likes

If I had this boater I would give it to you for free <( T•T)/
Nobody deserves to use/waste so much time for something that may be bugged or whatever, not sure if there’s -as you suggested before- a time/day factor for drops, but again that would be extremely exaggerated,
Imagine a rare drop like this in a mob like Confined Firent in 2nd demon prison O.O
Anyway I need to sleep right now, but wish you the best luck in future hunting!! .( >.<)/