Tree of Savior Forum

3rd subclass for QS+Ranger Xbow character?

So I wanted to use shield+xbow for maximum bulk and block cheese for GvG/PvP or swarm scenarios. And because I really like crossbows thanks to Maple Story 1. A bulky-boi archer sounds fun and different than what I’m used to from archers.

So far all I got is: https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=y5nkj4lt (idk wut do)

I don’t want to use Falconeer or Hunter because I’m not a fan of bugs or summon AIs. Everything else is free game… But I’m not sure which would pull this build together. I’m not looking for Meta SSS+ Tier stock, but something that’s at least kinda-sorta-maybe viable or useful-ish lol.

is this first build focused on challenge modes? it seems really good for cleaning waves of monsters but I’m not sure whether or not bosses, leveling, etc.

1 Like

I would recommend QS>Falc>PiedPiper but you said you don’t like Falconeer, so maybe try it with Fletcher.

Well we have reset event active so you can test many builds on Gemstone.

1 Like

QS+PiedPipper + Fletcher/Ranger works great.
Sapper and Wugushi are usefull too if you want to be more pve oriented.

1 Like

I tried Fletcher and gotta say it’s hella fun and has the right OOMPH I was looking for in skill usage. So I suppose that leaves me with Fletcher+QS+PP which should be a good enough build for all around content. Then again adding PP to anything seems to make it an OK build all around lol.

Keep in mind you can play with Crossbow + Shield while attacking with a musket, a bow or a canon without any problem. Your character will switch weapon when you’re using skills that need another weapon, in this case you have access to all classes with QS. I believe you lose the block stat for the duration of the switch, but if you cc a player the best you can do is burst him to death, I don’t think Fletcher has the best burst in Archer tree.

maybe, but fletcher can destroy annoying genbu armors :smiley:

The sad thing is that the new Skiaclipse Crossbow ichor will not work with auto-swap

I suggest Fletcher, that Magic arrow change made it somewhat worth it imo. But that’s me

tbh I’m trying to mitigate weapon switching to conserve inventory space/weight aaaaand to save money. I’m also very spacey due to some funky mind-problems, so I would do something like "Hyehyehuehue I’m using a musket! Why do I need this crossbow? Let me sell it before switching characters."

logs back on to the character in a few days

"W H Y
C A N
I
N O T
U S E
T H I S
A T T A C K
???"