Tree of Savior Forum

2000 votes 60% says no!

If then put a week delay for 10~20$ talking about how they need money everyone was going to buy…

They talk about 40% but if they don t mind it’s better 90% x 10$~20$ than 40% x 50$

Your calculations are incredible flawed and short minded. F2P players generate a lot less money on long haul then B2P players, founders pack just garanties it more. I know at least 10 people who are going to play this game, and only 2 of them participate in the forum. A lot of players on forum have quit or created an account but don’t care about the game. 100% of players on forum will play ? Don’t make me laugh ! Not only you are assuming that people aren’t ready to pay 50$ (which they garantie to get right from the founders), but are going to be willing to pay 50$ afterwards by magic for the same game ? And at the end you are able to read in the future :clap: .

You are right, this isn’t straight statistics and you are wrong, this isn’t proportional to the real data. You must be one of those Trump supports I heard so much about.

1 Like

Who ever said I was special I’m not making fun of anyone I’m just making a guild for those buying so I can have people to play with. Is that wrong? if you find it sad then it is sad indeed to have players that are willing to co-operate together early to have some fun. R.I.P my “ignorance”

the thing is we believe that ToS would be “That” game.

that one very successful game where they don’t do any kind of trickery, they have lots and lots of community base, people loving them and all that. we believe on IMC Games.

and suddenly they took a sharp turn and stab us in the back. most of the people who vote no can pay that 50$ it’s not that much, you do get a lot of TP and all but that is not what we want we want common grounds. places where everyone are equal. they can be different and awesome if they try harder in the game. but this? it’s a head start it’s totally unfair. we want to embrace this new world together but no, IMC think it’s not the right thing to do.

I can see where you’re coming from but really? it only sting you a little that most of the player can’t get into the game when it’s launched? really?

I agree with you, the forums are simply the “Vocal minority” but please, dont bring politics in here -_-

In all honesty, I highly doubt IMC does not realize the negative repercussions of their latest decision. IMC would not be in business if they really did not understand the mechanics of running a gaming company. With the said, I assume the cost benefits of this quick cash module marginally outweighs the long-term deficit that it may cause. Tackle the issue at hand and leave tomorrow’s worries for tomorrow. Not the best strategy but a solution nonetheless. IMC really needs to at least break even given how long this game has been in development (circa 2011~2016), and this decision may have been made believing this was the “safest” route. Yes, the customer base will be infuriated. Yes, paying for under-developed game is ludicrous; however, this day in age the customer is not always right. IMC is a company, and TOS is just a limb. You try to resuscitate the limb if possible, or use the limb until you can and cut it off. With the terrible launch of the parent client KTOS, there is a possibility ITOS was a last ditch effort to breathe life back into TOS. Perhaps IMC has realized this will not happen and now are taking defensive measures. It is upsetting to see this, but as customers, all we can do is hope for the best.

2 Likes

The 3-month idea was a bad decision to begin with, but they still went with it. Seeing a probable 40% of (voting) playerbase willing to pay for Founders will only further give them the fuel they need to not change their minds on this whole thing, and keep driving all the way 'till June.

it is very very sad. those who created the guild has fragmented the community for good.

i’m not saying you are claiming to be special but the existence of the guild rifts the community apart. that is what I find sad. please think before saying anything.

it’s not about you or me. it’s about the community.

what i said was right, stop denying.c\ and dont bring politics to the forums, leave that in ifunny

I hate to break it to you, but the average F2P player does not pay $10-$20.

It is more like $5 at most. Charging $50 for early access is more than most players would like to spend - which is one of the reasons why there is so much kerfuffle.

(src: http://mmos.com/editorials/whats-a-free-to-play-user-worth)

Well the community was already in degrading before the founder pack info was released. It just took literally this to set ablaze to an under continent or rather the world. To this day I have no idea what happen but this is like the purge scattering through the forums at this point.

‘‘I hate to break it to you, but the average F2P player does not pay $10-$20.’’
You really can understand? I m saying if they reduced the time lock and put the price lower alot of people was going to buy this early access, i can’t can buy for my friends because this price is really salt and who is going to buy the 2~1 month? It’s BS

Hope this get 80% “No” very soon.

It probably won’t get to 80% because there’s too short a notice for everyone to vote… make the headstart delay 2-3 days and you’ll see 80-90% no

Ok, you may have a point there. If they reduce the cost and the early access time they might potentially be able to make more profit.

Tbh, I just really wanted to post that image. I found it and thought it was pretty interesting.

the community was already degrading is true but once the game is released it was supposed to rejuvenate the community just like in most mmorpg.

I really hope you would reconsider and change the guild name or the guild requirement from being only founder and all the be open for all with normal names. we need to mend the community.

don’t you want this game to thrive? I certainly do.

And that comes back to what I said that they are garantied 50$ from founders and the fact that B2P players often spend much more money then F2P players, therefore his calculation is greatly flawed. Just applying the statistics to his personal calculations : 4800 (highend of his number) x 4.50$ = 21 600 $ VS 940 (just those who voted yes) x 50.00$ = 47 000$. Already twice the amount, even with a favorable situation and considering the whole life spam of a F2P and only entry level of a founder, who will most likely spend a greater amount over the lifespan of the game.

1 Like

Yep the revenue is not that big, but see how many players these games have…

I don t think changing the rules will do anything because i think the founder server is going to be only for founders… (Lack of information, OW it’s IMC nothing new)