Tree of Savior Forum

100% uptime skills lacking 30 min duration

Epee stance, elemental essence and grooving muzzle just to mention a couple.
Why are these 100% uptime, but not 30 minute duration?
If hasisas can be 30 minutes why not epee stance, they do the same thing.

To make matters even worse, epee stance has items that literally have epee duration on them, just to make this dumb ass skill more convenient to use. (Asio and i think the new raid rapier)
Why the ■■■■ isnt it 30 minutes? pls respond.

5 Likes

Acrobatic Mount is such a pain to use as well.

1 Like

Murmillo Helmet and Muzzle pain me the most.

2 Likes

swell hands pleasseeeee

1 Like

Elemental Essence, Lightning Charm, Lethargy, Silver Bullet, Guardian Saint…

4 Likes

Sacrament should have a 30-minute duration, just like Blessing and Aspersion.

1 Like

Zalciai, Druid human form, Binatio, Last Rites Aspergillum. Any spell that has a 90%-100% duration with the same amount of cooldown. It feels bad pressing the buff skill that you have 100% uptime again and again every 30 seconds to hold onto a buff that sometimes because the game decides to desync/lag that your cooldown is now magically longer by a second or two or sometimes even 20 seconds.

I only play wizard class, and Elemental Essence is such a pain to use with only 20sec. Invocation is still OK because it’s 1min. Lightning Charm is even worse because of the long cast time that I just stopped using it altogether.

1 Like

You do realized PD mask can be 100% uptime? Btw, mask need more nerfing.

That being said some skill do need a 30 min patch. Like sacrament.

Elemental essence will be too powerful if it is a 30min Buff imo

1 Like

Skill requires stepping on it should never be 30min buff. Human form and chapain tho I can agree.

30 min may seem a big of an overkill but for a powerful buff that has 100% uptime I think 1 min duration is reasonable.

Im not exactly sure what buffs actually last 30 min. Most wizard buffs don’t last very long. I feel buffs like Enchant Fire and Lightning Charm having a 5min duration is reasonable.

Also, maybe it is just me but having played necromancer on one of my subs, resummoning my skeleton summons are a real pain because you have to summon 5 times. I was thinking if maybe they can just combine it into 1 skill like ‘Summon Undead Army’, and have us customized the 5 skeleton summons in the necromicon. It would be so much more convenient. I mean before rebuild we could summon 5 warriors or 5 archers per cast so I don’t think it is that OP to be able to do so.

1 Like

The idea is to extend the skills which last longer than, let’s say 5min. The effort you put into recasting Buff is part of the gameplay and balancing. The question is what is not meaningful and what is too powerful.

That being said I do think 20 is too short. Maybe something like 40 is more more acceptable.

Ive never played Necro so I can’t really put an finger on summoning. But generally I agreed. I think in IMC’s original design, Necro lack skills to cast so they throw summoning as part of the circle without further consideration

This makes no sense. A 100% uptime buff will become OP if it gets more uptime? Will blessing become stronger if it gets a 60 min duration? No. It serves no purpose, not even an SP drain.

This whole 30 min buff idea backfires, the only skills that have value with that are party buffs and even then it can be argued that players can exploit it with slave characters.

When a self buff has 100% uptime you have two balancing elements - death and consumption - but this is made pointless when the difference between cooldown and duration is too large. Using a practical example, Gung Ho has 1 min cd and 30 min duration, if you die on the first minute of Gung Ho you’ll feel a power drop until the skill is available again however the other 29 min taking the worst scenario, even then that is an unusual occurrence and may happen with lower cooldown time instead of the ‘use and die instantly’ case. Another curious case is Deed of Valor as one of the few buffs that applies a penalty to the user, it is also a full uptime skill but limited to 2 min as a possible way to secure the user, yet Pre-emptive Strike has also a consistent issue and is a toggle.

Since they removed the only two skills that allowed self buffs to be shared this design lost its meaning, it’s nothing else than a way to burn skill points for passive effects in an occasional SP drain, these full uptime will be maxed in the majority of cases for their sheer power.

The big irony is that buffs the other self buffs that offer power spikes, turning you super saiyan for few seconds, may be perceived as not as reliable since they have, in most cases, a cast time shortening duration and hindering stacking buffs. It is bothersome to not have that power constantly but it makes skill points be valuable as an active component rather than a semi-permanent passive.

Before getting in the discussion ‘should full uptime buffs have longer duration’ it is better to ask if the way how buffs are handled in game should be changed or not, after all spending points on party buffs is a real deal since it enables that power to be used by classes and/or characters that don’t have it available.

have you considered the fact that you actually need to stop to cast the skill?
Or considered you need to pay attention to when the buff is ending, and interrupt whatever you are planning on doing?

1 Like

all these skill last 30 minutes, why not just make them passive… is where this inevitably goes.

2 Likes

The 30min buffs are actually balanced by having to change maps/channels

Make them into attributes. Then create new skills yesssss

Have you considered that it’s an absolute minor annoyance and doesn’t really affect anything at all?

1 Like