Tree of Savior Forum

[0+] EQ(Weapon) THREAD, MINIGUIDE

Here I’ll try to sum up information about WIzard eq in ToS.
1-14: I general you need nothing :slight_smile: So just use what you get in quests.
15-39: Almost same as 1-14 - just use the best staff you find.
While questing at Srautas Gorge dont forget to farm Cafrisun for Cafrisun set (it’s very nice at this levels and easy to get).
40-74: Buy Geometry staff of Stag staff, if you are short of silver (Geometry is made of 2xStag staff so you can make it later using one Stag staff you bought as a component)
75-119: Buy Drake staff. At 90 lvl start farming 90 dung for Arde. When (if) you get/bought Arde - buy Snake rod (or some other rod with highest damage).
120-169: If you still have no Arde - buy Superior Cross staff. If you have Arde - buy Elder rod (or Grynas rod for demon prison farm, I go with Grynas). There’s really no point in investing to Arch Rod/Temere or some staff.
170-219 Here’s the part I’m not sure, because I’m just 158lvl now :slight_smile:
It seems that any staff provides less damage than main_weapon+offhand combination. The only interesting staff is Audra, for cryomancers (+2 skill levels!) and Elementalists (15% Freeze on Ice spells).
Main Weapon: I’m still not sure which one is THE_BEST here. In general I can name 3: Ignition, Maga rod and Catacombs Club. If anyone have any information and can prove that some this items is TOP1 DPS **please reply! **
Offhand: Venom~Karacha>Arde Dagger. Same thing as with main weapon, I cant confirm that Karacha is better than Venom or vice versa. Maybe it’s good to have both and just switch on different mobs. Arde Dagger is still good and cheap alternative.
Shield: Ledas/Otrava/Aias - first 2 have damage in it, third seems to be best defence choise.
220-++ TO BE CONTINUED (if I ever get that far)

Some things to discuss:
Mage jewelry - as for me there’s nothing really good at all :slight_smile: Any ideas what to wear?
Mage armor - there’s no really need on some good armor (at least for 1-160 lvls), but, as I read, on higher levels mages need to wear plate not to be 1-shotted. Any ideas of spesific items (170+),
Head enchants - top stats to roll for :slight_smile: (I think Mattack, elemental_damage, AoE attack, Magic Amplify, SP_regen - not sure if I’m right).

4 Likes

up! To any lvl 220 there please respond hehe

Nice guide :wink: Liked :wink:

Btw. Does eq that adds +x to different skills (as well as gems) can increase skill lvl more than max? So to 16,17? And second thing - I know that we can have 1 skill gem to specific skill (even if we add second one it wont add anything) - but what about eq + gem scaling? Eg if we have [Ice wall] lvl 15 + Audra (+2 to all cryo skills) + Ice Wall skill gem (+1 to Ice wall) - will we have skill lvl 18? And what if there will be some other eq piece in the future which adds another +2 to all cryo skills - whould it increase to 20?

There’s also the Ludas staff and the Ice Rod at level 40, which gives +1 to pyro and +1 to cryo skill levels respectively.

I don’t think you should spend silver on low-level eq. Only if it’s really cheap.

It can get you over max skill. Not sure if it stacks with gems, but I think it should.

1 Like