Tree of Savior Forum

Zealot Discussion- Lore and Builds

Hello,

So with the release of the new cleric class, Zealot, in ktest we can easily start buildcrafting and also discuss a bit about the lore.

Lore

So, as far as I know we don’t have any official information on the backstory, but if you pay attention to their icon, it shows the world tree.

Other circles have the world tree, but the only thing that comes to my mind with fanatism and the World Tree is the “Order of the Tree (name check?)”, the group that shows up in the Abbey and Rasvoy Lake maps.

The word Zealot itself does not entail anything positive (fanatic religious person), but maybe ToS will do something similar with their backstory as they did with Inquisitor (who I think is more focused in destroying demons rather than so-called sinners).
Hopefully they will bring up the Order in the class, as it’s always nice seeing the events of the game affect how the world works.

Builds:

Zealot seems to be an independent class, and the 2 only things that seem to do synergy are high HP/SP.

Classes that offer this are Kabbalist and Oracle as far as I know, so the builds that I’ve imagined so far are:

1. SPR Druid (Cleric2 > Krivis3 > Druid3 > Zealot1)

SPR Druid can ha
2. SPR Chaplain (Cleric2 > Priest3 > Chaplain1 > Kabba1 > Zealot2)

I don’t have many excuses for this build. Had a ChapInqui before and needed to change it for more matk focus. Chaplain being full spr gives a healthy amount of SP plus it got the attribute that increases manaregen and kabbalist gets Ein Sof which means more hp.

Still need to check if the Zealot skills scale with nase stats or if other buffs/transformations affect ir.

Thoughts?

I’m big fan of Sadhu post-buff, so I need to see if Fanatic Illusion and Fanatic buff can be boosted/stacked with Transmit Prana… It’s also make TP way better to buff ally’s CON and INT…

Future plan: Cleric 2 - Diev 1/Krivis 1 - Sadhu 3 - Kabbalist 1 - Zealot 2. If new Daino is good for AA I won’t need Blind Faith+SPR Build (it’s just 1 hit boost, this is just Kabbalist’s Second Chance dumped to 1 hit), I kinda don’t want statue buffs gone so really don’t know between Diev/Krivis for now…

I’m so disapointed that zealot’s dmg skills are physical… it’s make no sense… physical builds have magic attack as well since blunts have both matk and patk… hope they change it before going live

3 Likes

I feel you. I was expecting for it to be boosted by Transmit Prana, but unfortunately its not magic attack. So disappointed to the highest level. :frowning:

1 Like

Daino’s new feature might compliment it. Turning your attacks to Magic-based.
And Melstis can help a lot with those short durations.

So zealot aoe is physical ? Means it can miss on high evade char and can be blocked on high con char ? It sucks for tbl then …

It would be nice if Daino could help, but it probably works only with basic attacks :frowning:

I think that a Cleric 2 > Krivis 3 > Ora > Kabba > Zea 2 could world really well with the SP regen or HP extra from kabba, plus de oracle SP increase for the zealot sp/hp based stuff plus krivis to prolong the durations of buffs/dmgs.

Else maybe Cleric 2 > Bokor > Pala 2 > Ora > Kabba > Zea 2 for paladin zoo of 5 mobs with oracles change to get correct pets, plus the bokor zombies and also zealot sp and hp buffs from ora and kabba as extra.

What do you think?

Sounds good?

This job had to be made with Monk or Paladin. I think Monk has my synergy seeing they have more close range and ALL physical skills.

I will try this build here Help with my builds, please! for a tank/sup build.

If Zealot skills are all physical, Druid3 isn’t the optimal choice. Lycanthropy attacks are physical but just about everything else consists of magic attacks. It’s disappointing because I was planning to use Zealot to pad out the damage skills on a Feral Priest build :disappointed:

No? Zealot has a lot of “ignore your stats and enemy’s defense/mdef” only scaling from your HP or SP. Monk is just one option. Paladin got insta-kill gamble with Inquisitor C2 to change enemies include players in PvP -> turn undead…

True, but Pala->Zealot would be a great PvE Build IMO. Inq is moreso PvP

IDK the exact values but einsoft gives more SP than Arcane Energy?

The damage boost of Death Sentence with Blind Faith will work better than the Ein Soft, i mean.

One more point for the fact that PD will be out of the build, so prophecy will be a great ally against negative status. I will try this build; Full Int with Int / Spr gears.

Clecic 2 - Krivis 1 / Cleric 3 - Sadhu 3 - Oracle - Zealot 2 or
Cleric - Krivis 3 - Sadhu 3 - Zealot 2

C2 Cleric > C2 Priest > C3 Bokor > C2 Zealot pure grinding build~

Ogouveve give like 70% Damage + attack rate (speed) + AoE ratio to zombie (Gem + Divine might) and C3 Bokor has 3 new skills which give you better utilities to de-summon zombies that you don’t want!

This way, you can stack up all large zombie and deal a ship ton of DAMAGE~~~

Not to mention Zealot C2 Blind faith scaled on SPR (high SP). That’s a good thing as well! :smiley:

I’m hoping that TBL allow us to bring zombie in arena directly. Zealot’s teleport + zombie. WOMBO COMBO SMACSAHDhfkashfsajhfj

1 Like

I like the idea of a zapper zombie train. I’ve never played bokor but it seems like a fun build.

Cleric2,bokor2,paladin3, zealot2

Fanaticism it’s op skill for all damage skills of paladin and zealot paladin TUD convercion skill its good for more summons xd and the 3 new skills of bokor work on tud summons…

1 Like

You can use capsules in TBL to spawn zombies.

I am currently rolling a Cleric2 - Priest2 - Monk1 - Oracle1 - Kabba1 - Zealot2, mix of STR/CON/DEX for a hybrid pve support and pvp build.

Seems to work well, but I will need gear with some SPR on it to fully use Blind Faith.

does then zealot skill scales with pAtk or mAtk?
I know they are physical damage skills but maybe they still scale with int…

All Zealot’s damage skills scales with pAtk.