Tree of Savior Forum

Zealot, [Arts] Martyr: Holy Sacrifice, stinks

when I knew they would add the [Arts], I expected something that would help the zealot survive, because it’s a risky class
but in the end they added something that doesn’t benefit the class at all, it only benefits others
in the end it will end up being a kind of suicidal support and that stinks

3 Likes

sadly true
but its actually the concept of zealot

mar·tyr
noun
noun: martyr ; plural noun: martyrs

1. a person who is killed because of their religious or other beliefs.

i used to like zealots from the very beginning its born.until the neverending nerf of zealot into oblivion, i quit and then i just ignore it
i even sold my zealot special costume due to nerf rage and because it doesnt have any special effect at all like pyro or psychokino which released at the same time

1 Like

Sorry, but I don’t like to mix reality with video games, so I don’t look for meanings to make sense of it, for me in mmorpgs and in video games themselves, everything is possible, because if I wanted something similar to reality, I would only settle for reality

I use zealot, because I like melee classes that do dps and have fire and electrical skills, not because I like religious fanatics

2 Likes

Honestly, you kinda need both honestly. Source fidelity and gameplay value are two elements good design will seek, hitting both or at least a good balance point.

The two main issues with this Art is how it is tied to a skill attribute (as the only case) and how it triggers upon death, which is something everybody wants to avoid while playing. I can see people defending it as “but bruh, that Art is only for PvP zealots, it’s great”, but as far as i know the class isn’t PvP oriented and any other class received Arts that can be used in PvE (except Retiarius, always taken as a PvP class).

Dunno, they could make Zealot Arts as “sacrifice X% HP and gain double Fanaticism damage boost” or “sacrifice X% HP and gain double Fanaticism damage boost and recover X (or X%) HP based on the damage dealt/when defeating an enemy”.

3 Likes

what zealot really needs, is something to help you with survival, because with active “Fanaticism” you cannot be cured and “Immolation” consumes you HP

Not to mention that it also reduces its own defense, to reduce the defense of its objective

1 Like

It ll be easier to find another game , as much as i like Playing my cleric physical dealer on tree of savior IMC and Mr. Kim seems to not give one f uck about us, they ll buff everyone around us and leave us there to rot , i dont want to jump to another class to have “META” fun i want to play my cleric and be useful in all content and do as much dps as i have invested on my charater wich is a lot, but as long as koreans keep playing exo/crusader/druid bullshit meta and never touch zealot or inquis they ll never be buff.
Just look at inquisitor Art 3 extra flames its like IMC is spiting on my face after play their game with that class for 2 years

1 Like

every other class idea are based on reality to some extent
not that i disagree that zealot in need of extra survivability for solo capabilities
i was even hoping something like highlander arts for zealot
the problem is they remove/change all invincibilty skills that used to be survivability skills for this dying wish class like safety zone, ausrine, sterea trofh etc
and they really lacking in compensating this
even if you grab monk and paladin and grab all the defensive skills you will end up with less skills for dps
the dying state is actually good for monk+chaps lower hp higher damage condition.the problem is you ll never know you ll end up clutch and dead in solo play by boss 1 hit nuke
and yeah, i hope incoming patch we will see physical cleric got new class and the oldies got buff

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.