Tree of Savior Forum

Yet Another Attempt to Make PVP Rapier

So, for some time the topic on my Fencer Discord about PVP has been coming and going, and with the recent Matador changes on Korea, I would say that there is a small light. I’m not very optimistic about it, but I like to nerd some about it, so yeah, let’s go.

Note: I will not be considering mixing Murmillo or Shinobi because they already have optimal builds. And also because we would not be using Matador2 best aspects.

My premisse is using what matador has best for pvp so, we will need on ranks 8 and 9, Matador1 and Matador2 respectively.

However, problem is:

TL;DR what is the best class combination before matador2 for PVP? or click here for long text

The best first 3 ranks to take imo are Swordsman3, although some could want to play with barbarian2/3 and peltasta1, although I have my doubts if those would be really good.

I prefer Swordsman3 because of Restrain to make your targets more easy to hit and Concentrate, because it is a damage that ignores defense.

So the Core Build is
swordsman3>W>X>Y>Z>Matador2

And the issue here is what the heck I’m going to insert in between.

The good options to fill are as follows
Rodelero2>Corsair3
Rodelero2>Corsair1>Fencer2
Rodelero1>Corsair3>Fecer1

All classes here have some defense, utility or damage as a secondary trait.
However, we take them prioritizing the main trait

The core build (sword3withMata2) already has Damage, Defense and CC. However, what makes me doubt which option is the best are the following topics:

1 - Rodelero has slithering, which is another option of immunity, that is, it gives you one more chance to make a mistake. [MAGIC IMMUNITY /TANK TRAIT]

2 - Swordsman lack gap closers, and Corsair gives two options, Hook and Pistol. That would need 3 ranks of course, for the pistol. We could take one rank only, but that would make harder to hit far away targets.
[GAP CLOSER TRAIT]

3 - Fencer gives more damage and an interesting 100% block mechanic that could save us a lot. [DPS TRAIT]

Note:

There is the argument that Balestra Fente from Fencer3 is a gap closer and it really is.

I myself think that this is a pretty bad strategy though, as it can be countered easily. Why? You lose pretty much all the good part of Matador’s defenses and the gap closer from Balestra isn’t even that good, it is just a suprise attack that can miss very easily.

You also pay a heavy price of not having Paso Doble, which is something that can actually make Rapier a viable PVP choice (at least better then Fencer alone).