Tree of Savior Forum

Wugushi R3 Feedback

Isnt bleeding str based?

Well the entire point of going with Broadhead arrow over barbed arrow is due to bleed dealing damage over time. I was hoping to stack it alongside the poison skills in order to encourage a hit-and-run playstyle. Hence getting quarrel shooter specifically for the caltrops too. Is there no way of making it stronger? because a quick 2-hit blowdart and broadhead combo seems like it would be nice against single targets.

As far as I can tell, the caltrops have no stance requirement and neither do the Wugushi skills, so all Iā€™d need is a 2H bow for the Broadhead arrow.

How about the hunter skill Snatching? This could be used to more easily poison flying enemies with Gu pot and other ground based skills.

It is, but given the standard amount of strength archers have the bleed doesnā€™t go up by a lot.

@frustratedsquirrel2 I tested something like this but the bleed damage just didnā€™t compare well to the poison damage. Caltrops tends to become more of a zoning move, but the damage just isnā€™t there. My first cbt3 character actually had quarrel shooter but itā€™s just not worth it for caltrops.

Hunter skills were ridiculously buggy throughout most of the beta, I heard the ai improved but I havenā€™t made one since then. Someone else would need to try it out. My main concern is that snatching only seems to affect a limited number of enemies.

Iā€™ll try it out no worries ^^ not sure with what yet, possibly a rogue but I will ^^

Thanks for the replies man, youā€™re a blessing :yum:

Basically what this means though is that poison will fall off eventually as it doesnā€™t scale up with your stats other then the poison attribute from viper bow and possibly other future weapons. In turn, that would make a wugushi more suited for a dex build.

Bleeding builds on the other hand should be built with str in mind. Iā€™d say bleeding ticks might be strong - but if people do not invest 10 points into the fletcherā€™s bleed skill and have a weird stat distribution then they wonā€™t get the results thatā€™s for sure. Iā€™m tempted to also test a fletcher, but thereā€™s so many builds I have in mind already that itā€™s hard to settle on something ^^

Poison falling off past lv 200 is my main concern with wugushi atm.

Iā€™m sure they will introduce other gear to improve the damage. The problem is, there will most likely be better choices for pure attack meaning all your other skills would benefit from the other choice more. Maybe the card system if it eventually is delivered will be the remedy? At least then it would scale with the better boss cards in theory, right?

Iā€™m assuming itā€™ll scale with card star number similiar to Sorcerer summons.

Probably will, poisons will be strong they wonā€™t leave it as is.

Have you seen the rogue that had the crossbow/dagger set that increased backstab damage by x4? Guy dealt 76k in one backstab ^^

Now thats the type of gear I want to see endgame ^^

Backstabs damage is insane but the setup is also insane - itā€™s pretty justified.
Stuff like: http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/203102/
And: http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/203102/
Help make the game more fun.

hello, newbie hereā€¦
i wanna ask, are poison damage based on stat or enemy hp?

The only thing that affects poison damage is skill rank and the ā€œPoison elementā€ stat from gear and attributes. Enemies also have varying degrees of resistance to poison (-50% to +50%).

1 Like

I guess Wugushi wonā€™t be the DoT-stacking class I need and love in my RPGs, if their primary source of status damage doesnā€™t even scale well :frowning:

I mean come on, non-scaling poison is one of the easiest things to get wrong in terms of satisfaction in a JRPG. Reminds me of Archer poison arrow in Tera and how the damage just kind of drops off meaninglessly in the late game.

Oh well, I will probably still try it regardless. I always need to rep the poison class in anything I play. Itā€™s one of my personal rules. I just really love ticking damage numbers a lot.

There is a ton of gear and mechanics still ahead of us, Iā€™m pretty sure there will be an end game wugushi bow same way there will be a great staff for mages, a weapon set like the one we saw recently for rogues and other gear for other classes. Iā€™d say if theres one thing we can deduce from the current gear database and synergies - its that they do keep in mind that some classes Are gear dependant and by putting the options there already theyā€™re giving us a heads up of whats to come aswell.

The one thing I do not appreciate is wugushi rank 3 skill, I really dont like the idea not even damage wise just the idea. At some point I guess its another way to deal damage via wugong gu but I simply donā€™t like it. A master at poisons summonsā€¦ insects I mean cmon, make it a petrifying poison or something that turns enemies to stone for some time anything but the one we have ^^

how about this what do you think? @lajkonikes please critique my plans

i would like to test bug skill with viper bow since i suspect that bugs will get also a elemental damage buff making the skill viable

just theory xD