Tree of Savior Forum

Would you invite a support mage in your grinding team?

Hello,
I’m curious to have your point of view about support mages.

I got tow questions for you :

1 : In a team with tow support class would you rather take a supportive magican class instead of second cleric class ?

2 : What support mage class will you prefer to have with you when you are grinding between the folowing :

-Rune caster ( http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/Rune-Caster/ )
-Thaumaturge ( http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/Thaumaturge/ )
-Chronomancer ( http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/Chronomancer/ )
-Linker ( http://www.tosbase.com/game/classes/Linker/ )

Feel free to explain your answer if you want to do so ; that can be really helpful but a quick answer is also fine :smiley:

Thank you for reading ! Feel free to answer if you have a little time to do so;thank you =)

Well… Linker makes the grind easier with the link ability

Thaumaturge can give you guys higher exp

Chronomancer and the rune caster… I dunno.

1 Like

Linker for fast clears - links

Thaumaturge for the buffs - swelling

Chronomancer for the buffs - haste and quicken

Rune Caster - not sure tbh, CD’s are pretty long vs. duration :confused:

As an Archer i want linkerC2+ chronoC3. If you play support mage, you should have chrono 3, in my opinion. Skill “Pass” is very good.
Linker is 3d class and Thau is 4th, so you cant have Chrono C3 with Thaum.

Linker or Thaum will probably be a good choice.

Take Linker c2 and any DPS class in your build and people will always welcome you in grind party.

Chrono = give you speed
Thauma = x2 EXP and damage. c3 will give you INT.

Thank for answering guys ^^. Linker seems the thing to not pass in the support mage path from what I’m reading …
What about the first question 1 :

In a team with tow support class would you rather take a supportive magican class instead of second cleric class ?

:confused:

No one will take 2 clerics in party. The question is if party need cleric at all…(in some situations)

1 Like

After Nerfs on hangmans id rather have a swordy with taunt

Wouldn’t mind it in my group but i wouldn’t actively look for one

All day every day gimmie those chronos

I think it depends on your character either melee or range dps

For endgame, Chrono is the best one among all mage support.

1 Like

Something we agree on :smiley:

Support mages are great, would party with 10/10.

Rune caster is very situational, most parties wouldn’t want one (though it has AoE 255% overkill every 90 seconds, but still no).

Thaumaturge is pretty good actually, thauma 2 can buff both magic and physical attacks by 554 and on rank 3 gives extra 145 INT, lots of Atts there and pretty hard to grind alone.

Chronomancer is the best support mage, it raises attackspeed, crit chance, leaves enemy stuck on the ground (-30 mov. speed, with no buffs you have 30 mov speed base), -25s cooldown for all skills, has the best bonus on mov. speed (+18 if I’m not wrong, or +15, which means +50% or +60% more mov speed). Basically all of it’s skills are useful and many of them are “OP”. It’s problem is being circle 5, so you have to use until rank 7 to get it to circle 3. Hard to grind alone, very good combo with Cryo 3, not so sure about how good cryo 3 works at level 600 though.

Linker is the second best support mage, only losing to chrono, simply because you multiply any not AoE damage by a factor of 5, 8 or 10. Yes, this motherfucker gives 500%, 800% and 1000% singletarget damage amplify on each of its circles. Also hangman’s knot was the most OP CC ever, now it’s like 20% time CC, not really useful, just for you to cast a AoE spell and make sure it hits all mobs or something like that. Sharing buffs (quickspell anyone) is pretty useful and Physical Link is good on PvP (some sort of devotion from RO1)

Hello there, thank you for reply.
Why Cryo3 make such a good combo with Chrono ? I don’t get the point :o

Pass allowing you to almost always have frost pillar and ice wall(if people uae it often for cc) rotation can be a formidable crowd control

Cryo 3 = monster CC (freeze + ice wall + frost pillar), only problem is people don’t really know if freeze works as level 400+ (SPR reduces freeze chance, ice wall and frost pillar are still amazing CC, and PvP-wise Cryo 3 is a beat, if there’s no PD or Oracle on the other team you can win it by not letting anyone play, since no one really has that much SPR on a char.

Chrono 3 = monster CC as explained above, you simply make your team play 2 ~ 3 times faster than they would, think about it, you make enemies hit less, you hit more and faster, your skills be casted more often, even your mobility is best class in the game.

Chrono 3 also = -25seconds on your CC skills.

You simply control the whole ■■■■.

NOTE: If cryo gets too bad at late game content you will see a lot of people rerolling their chronos into wiz 3 > something > Chrono 3 or Wiz > Linker 2 > Chrono 3.

wao I see. I never saw pass skill as not only a way to reduce friends colddown but also our own -.
It make me see all class so differently by considering all - or = 25 second colddown inexistant.
Wao …Chrono OP

Thauma is about the best flavor of wiz you could ask for in a grind group

• double XP and loot on 5+ enemies at a time every 25 seconds +overheat

• Swell left and right arm - assuming everyone’s got an arde dagger and the thauma has invested silver in attributes that’s 111+68+150+150 = 479 bonus patk/matk.

runecaster is useless gimmick…
The rest i would have a sex orgy with them anytime ^_~