Tree of Savior Forum

Would a R10 Sage build for a PvE Wiz work?

Sage’s Rank 3 skill is fairly disappointing, more designed as a CC in a pvp setting.

However, I am still a fan of the class. Would anyone recommend a good R10 build for this class? I have over 5k M.attk. Thanks!

How about going all out with the crowd control?
Cryo3-psycho3-sage8. With blink and missile hole you get some protection. I don’t know how hole of darkness works, but if you say it’s a CC skill then good.

Or the classic wiz-x-link2-thaum3-sage3 for burst farming?

I’m also disappointed with sage3, so I’m gonna propose sage2 builds only.

Hybrid Support-DPS
Wiz2-link3-thau3/chrono3-sage2
Support oriented but can deal burst dmg with sage skills. Being able to farm is nice bonus.

DPS
Wiz3-ele3-pyro2-sage2 (Wiz3 as last rank)
Caster build ,various AOE skills with self meteor+flame ground.

i’ve made a mule and i’m happy with it :tired:
wiz 2 linker 3 alch 3 sage 2.

1 Like

Question for you all: Is Sage 3 by itself worth it at all? Are the extra skill levels outside of Hole of Darkness making the Rank 10 choice a good one?

hmm i have a similar build, but im kinda lost in first 5 ranks. I don’t wanna go Linker 3 nor Cryo 3 cuz i have other wizards with these classes. Do you have any other suggestion that can complement Sage 2 late game?

My personal build path for Sage :

Wiz 3 > Elem 2 > Linker 2 > Sage 1 > Linker 1 > Elem 3.

You can remove 1 rank of Linker or Elem if you want Sage 2, or both if you want Sage 3. I personally played with this build with Elem 2 only and Linker 2 without any problems. I’m not rank 10 yet, so maybe Elem3 isn’t really worth it, but I didn’t know what to put there.

For PvE, sage3 will be more for extra levels on ultimate and micro dimensions. Dimension Compression is capped at 5 max. Hole of Darkness worth 1 point only, damage is good, but removing mobs for certain seconds is not nice during CM and stuff, only if you need this kind of control / mitigation.

All 3 damage skills have amazing multipliers and the After Effects attributes are amazing, they worth the investment.

I’m playing pyro3 kino3 sage3, tried some different compositions with sage2 instead. Ended up returning to the original build.

Ditto. That was my old build before Rank 10. Pyro’s synergy with Ele makes PvE Aoe builds very attractive, esp Pyro3/Ele3. While you may have CC with your aoe attacks, Surespell, even Quickcast makes Flameground + Meteor much more convenient to get off. I love Hell Breath(Stone Curse + Hell breath = <3)but Pyro 2 is enough just for the Fire Pillar.

A pyro/kino build kind of invites Omnyoji builds instead of Sage due to the synergy(with mainly Kino that is). It works but the former is really for these classes.