Tree of Savior Forum

World Bosses, and what you should know approaching them (Updated 9/20 - Fade myth reproven)

Hey all, some new information about DPS and it resetting. After the last update, I noticed there was a combat timer that was preventing you from immediately changing channels or logging out. Curious, I wondered if the timer function technically existed before, so I asked @Excrulon to develop an add-on to constantly show whether or not you are in combat. This add-on is called Combat Timer and is now available on the add-on manager for public use (there may be some stability issues in regards to disconnecting when changing channels or changing maps).

What I learned thanks to this is that as soon as you perform any action that either deals damage or are attacked by any other source, you enter combat for 10 seconds. This will refresh upon either inflicting or taking damage, but it will constantly count down to zero seconds at which point you exit combat. Self-inflicted damage, such as through Bloodletting, will not reset the timer. Prevention of damage, such as through Safety Zone or Blessing of Ausrine, will not stop the timer from resetting (it will still go back to 10, even if the damage was negated).

Some buffs and healing do not refresh the combat timer. Some buffs will cause you to go in combat, such as Swift Step or Steady Aim. Being near the boss but not acting will also continue to run down the timer, until you perform any action that either deals damage or you are attacked.

If you happen to die, it also does not immediately remove you from combat. The timer will continue to run down to zero, so the attack that kills you will keep you in combat for 10 seconds, giving you enough time to resurrect via Soul Crystal to continue your current DPS on a boss.

[Edit: Fade and Cloaking and skills similar do wipe damage on bosses. I conducted the tests on a field elite whose ranking system is different than bosses, which created a discrepancy.]

Sitting and recovering HP still seems to wipe DPS rating, as evidenced by a test where no ranking was received after attacking and resting, despite still being in combat by the gameā€™s standards.

After running a few tests with @Vheissu it seems that as soon as you exit combat through this timer, your DPS rank will reset. The short of this is that if you wait too long (maybe youā€™re running around the boss or something) your DPS will reset simply naturally. Always be attacking, or sponging damage.

8 Likes

Do you happen to know when fighting Dullahan, I only see a few DPS bubbles (Ex: (1), (2), (3) ). I believe last time there were 10 people including our group of 5 and we didnā€™t end up with a cube.

This supposedly happens when a party exceeding the normal party size limitation cubes at a world boss. Purely rumor and unconfirmed. Supposedly when this happens anyone who ranked in lower than someone of one of these parties becomes invalidated for ranking, however those who ranked higher than an exploited party player still follows regular rules. So if rank two was in a party of six, anyone who contributed less damage than him or her would be disqualified, according to the rumor.

Also general update to mechanics, it seems that Fade and Cloaking do still wipe boss damage contribution. This system just in general appears to be unique to bosses and doesnā€™t seem to affect field elites, from what Iā€™ve tested, which is what created the inconsistency.

Is it possible to go for world boss without party?

Yes.

1 Like

But do I have a chance to get cube compare to those with party ?

yes
as long as you can keep giving damage that can keep you at top 5 DPS meter

Wow,thanks.It would be great.

Just Want To Share My Experience In Tos Iā€™m Just a week play This Game

Newbie Here