Tree of Savior Forum

WORLD BOSS CUBES - Drop Allocation based on threat (poll included)

500k-600k.

That’s how “Stable” the market like he said.

1 Like

While this is also true, isn’t guild cap at 35? There’s also the issue that they might NOT want to let anyone else in. Some people are also stubborn and don’t want to join a guild, but that’s a different issue altogether.

I just think the mechanics could use a little tweaking, not a huge change like what OP stated. Surely there is a way this can be fixed without ruining the economy either way, through price gouging controlled resources, or flooding the market with resources.

1 Like

You forgot to mention the partying up, Jace isn’t nice and would say no, but once he’s done being the bane of human existence other people… nicer people will start doing dullahan.

You could start up a party of your own with that chara and make a shout that your creating a party, at lvl 189 I’d love to be in your party.

I just feel further restrictions shouldn’t be implemented because of someone’s hard work. If someone created an OP party and farmed for hours on end, maybe we can to?

I agree that further restrictions should not be put into place, I merely think that the drop rules should be loosened. They will still have their cubes that they will get for all their work and dedication, but a few more lucky people can get their hands on them too, stopping a small group from price gouging everyone else. I’m sure you’re right though, as more people level up there will be more people doing Dullahan and other bosses.

Something like, deal at least 1% to the boss and you get the drop? I can deal with that too, they have it on blade and soul and it works great except for the fact that people who deal the most damage get a better box, which would make the OP team even more OP.

I say we try to somehow squeeze out this current system as much as possible. Other methods would only further the OP teams even more.

So basically you and everyone who thinks this is a remotely good idea all play swordsmen, I assume?

TBH the game just needs to reward good cubes to the top damage parties and inferior cubes to everyone else who did at least 1% damage.

oh wow, so on top of currently people thinking they monopolize the market they’ll monopolize it even more because they get super awsome boxes that have a higher chance to rare recipes and materials.

This isn’t a solution.

I play a 180 fletcher, a 202 pyro alchemist and a 115 cleric healer, no swordie here but i do plan to make a full tank support.

Maybe as long as you hit the boss, you get a chance to get a cube? I would say if you fight the boss, a 10% chance across the board is fair number, maybe higher to balance if that’s too low? The only issue with this is also that a lot of people CAN’T fight world bosses, no matter how dedicated, because of how badly the game runs with a lot going on. I have a beefy rig and can run all my games on Ultra, but I stutter down to 10 FPS on world bosses. I can only imagine how bad it is for people with computers not as powerful as mine.

You can all always find what guild they are in if any, make the whole server hate them, have 20 guild declare war on them. Force them to live at town or get gank over and over. Like that they cant camp the boss anymore, that my two cent.

You could also be like me, focus on leveling get to 280, farm earth tower get better gear than the trash from world bosses and profit.

4 Likes

Or everyone who participated on the boss with 100 or more “threat” gets a box.

But instead the boss could drop Different kinds of boxes with different pull rates

Example Top threat gets Box A with 10% chance to get something rare, while bottom threat gets Box F with 1% chance to get something rare.

One hit to get a chance to drop? That would promote bots going to world bosses then, and thats no good. The only thing preventing them from farming bosses is that monsters still spawn around the boss or that you need good damage to even get anything.

1 Like

Ah, very true… I’m sure IMC could think of a solution if this gets to their desk as a real problem, I’m too tired for that.

Wow… 20 guilds declaring war on them… You’re an evil one. I like you.

3 Likes

Wah wah wah I can’t get world boss drops playing as a soloer without a world boss killing build. So go grind and do dungeons instead. Stay in your lane. You also can’t make potions if you aren’t an alchemist or repair in the field if you aren’t a squire, the world is full of injustices.

Unless you make the drops guaranteed for everyone (which makes them worthless) there is no ‘solution’ that doesn’t just change who will be getting world boss drops. If it’s based on threat, it just goes to all the swordsmen and nobody else gets anything.

I think you have to deal at least 10% dmg to the boss to get a drop which is technically impossible due to lag (unless you’re an archer class)

top 6 dps will get the cube. they will share for all party.
no one can compete world boss with wiz3-ele3-warlock and a fletcher as fas as i know. all you can do is begging them to be in their party then afk and get the cube, it seems good. lol

i think the easiest solution is keep the competition for the cubes up but introduce a worse cube version for participation …
Even a talt is better than nothing if someone clearly did help with the boss.
Sure this has to be somehow controlled that we don’t have 400 one shot for a talt bots per wb … but this would be the best solution.

Anyone struggling to get a cube on klaipeda, i run dullahan a bunch with my buddy fletcher we are both in the high 200’s and would love to have you a long just look for Ryu.

I wouldn’t say i get one 100% of the time, but maybe 40% depending on the party

Sounds like a nice idea, will make this warlock skill op :grinning: