Tree of Savior Forum

Wizards Re:Builds for Velcoffer

The reason of this topic is that I’m looking for advice concerning builds to do Velcoffer and people to share their experiences since the arrival of Re:Build. I hope the discussion be useful for other players too. I have many wizards and tested several builds that I actually liked a lot, and they’re performing pretty good in CM and other PvE content. Still, I’m insecure about a DPS or a support (?) wizard to join Velcoffer parties, since it’s the kind of content that requires characters with the best build possible to enhance synergies, damage and support with each other.

With the Class System changes and class balance, we were supposed to have much more freedom to choose classes and every build should perform equally well. The reality is different, however. Classes like Shadowmancer, Feather Foot and Warlock have high SP consumption and lack damage and synergies, and accordingly to IMC, they should be good classes do kill bosses (the lower the AoE, the higher the skill factor).

Also, Rune Caster and Sage don’t stand out as damage dealers or with support skills (specially RC as a hidden class it’s not very impressive and do not worth the effort to unlock it). Also, Wizards lost their support builds branch, since they lost Linker, Thaumathurge and Enchanter, which limits their roles in parties as damage dealers.

Builds I thought that may be good. I’ll comment only the skills I feel that require a reason for that choice:

DPS
1. Wizard > Pyromancer > Elementalist > Taoist
https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=ya7pjquc
Pyromancer:
Fireball (15/15): To maximize fireball + storm dust combo
Fire Pillar (10/10)
Hell Breath (10/10)
Prominence (5/5): It has a good skill factor, but it damage is underwhelming since it misses almost every hit, still can do a great damage with Falconer’s Aiming
Flame Ground (1/15): One point just to use the combo flame ground + meteor
Fire Wall (4/15): Just to spend the last points
Enchant Fire (0/15): I believe it consumes too many points to be useful, so I prefer to use skill scrolls and sped the points with damage skills.

Elementalist:
Meteor (5/5)
Storm Dust (15/15)
Elemental Essence (10/10): I don’t like this skill because it consumes too much skill points and the buff lasts a short time, but it’s a necessary skill since this build is focused on elemental damage
Hail (1/15): Just to freeze mobs when necessary, since its damage is not good. Unfortunately, the freezing ability doesn’t affect Velcoffer
Fire Claw (14/15): Another bad skill, since it requires the player to be face-to-face with the enemy, otherwise the damage is very low
Eletrocute (0/15): Low damage and no overheats, this skill has had better days. To be honest, I don’t if its better to use storm calling + electrocute instead of fire claw, since I have buffs to improve lightning damage with Taoist

Taoist:
Creeping Death Charm (15/15)
Eradication (5/5)
Tri-disaster Charm (10/10)
Storm Calling (10/10)
Lightning Charm (1/1)
Begone Demon (1/1)
Divine Punishment (3/10): Long cast, low damage, I chose to maximize storm calling since taoist has lightning-based damage.

2. Wizard > Pyromancer > Elementalist > Onmyoji
https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=yaurcbmh
Almost the same as the previous build, the main damage is based on fire property skills, but Onmyoji is the last class. Probably the first is better since Onmyoji isn’t the best choice against bosses.

Onmyiji:
Howling White Tiger (15/15)
Water Shikigami (15/15)
Toyou (10/10): The choice was between toyou and greenwood shikigami, and toyou won since it has a lower cooldown and requires less points to be maximized
Fire Fox Shikigami (0/15): I don’t feel like it’s worth to invest in this skill just because of the critical rate for fire property skills. Please, share your opinion if I’m wrong
Greenwood Shikigami (0/15)

SUPPORT
1. Wizard > Alchemist > Chronomancer > Taoist
https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=ybw3u3wz

Alchemist:
Sprinkle SP Potion (5/5) and Sprinkle HP Potion (5/5): SP and HP restoration for me and party members each 30s. Sprinkle SP potion is a welcomed skill since SP management for long contents like Velcoffer is very costly, and Ein Sof doesn’t provide SP anymore (please correct me if I’m wrong)
Tincturing (15/15): To make the SP and HP potions needed to use sprinkle SP and HP potions
Combustion (15/15) and Alchemist Missile (5/15): To provide some damage, but it’s very low really secondary
Magnum Opus (0/5), Gem Roasting (0/15) and Item Awakening (0/1): None of them provide any advantage in combat, so no skill points for them

Chronomancer (there’re 9 point left, I’m not sure where to allocate them)
Reincarnate (15/15): It provides surviability with its atribute Reincarnate: Ally. For 20s, this buff prevents one to become incapable of combat and restores its HP
Pass (5/5): It’s more important than before, because of overheats reduction
Slow (15/15): Increases 50% of neutral property damage on enemies
Backmasking (1/10): Situational ressurrection and can restore the duration of magic circles
Quick Cast (0/10): Useless to this build since it doesn’t have cast and the buff can’t be shared with party membrs
Stop (0/15): I believe it’s not desired to stop Velcoffer, since it’ll not receive damage, also it can be used only 1 time on bosses
Time Forward (0/15): Useless.

I chose Taoist for the Third Class to help with damage. I’d rather chose Rune Caster because of Rune of Destruction (m.defense reduction) and Rune of Protection, but the first one lost its overheat and the last can’t be shared with party members anymore.

Looking forward to know what you think! Comments, suggestions, corrections, experiences and other builds are all welcomed (Velcoffer focused please)

1 Like

Personally I max Stone Curse instead. I need some advice regarding this though. Fire Claw is underwhelming and Electrocute is useless. I max Stone Curse since it gives more damage for fire skills. Best part is that it works on saalus bosses. I’m not sure what other bosses are affected by Stone Curse and Hail.

I didn’t picked stone curse because I don’t like the way it works. I think it should affect a targeted area, like lethargy does, it would be much more useful. Since Hail doesn’t freeze Solmiki and Velcoffer bosses, I believe that stone curse doesn’t petrify them too. I didn’t test it, maybe the effect is applied (50% more damage from fire and psychokinesis property skills), but the boss is not petrified. Hail affects only Saalus and CM bosses as far as I’m concerned, maybe Mercenary Post bosses, I didn’t tested it on Dungeon bosses.

Do you think pvp wizard like Kino-Onmyo-Tao can join on velcoffer if decent geared?

I never tried velco dun yet.