Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard3 > Link1 > Sorcerer1 > Rune caster or Sorcerer2?

Hello there thanks for the help thusfar!

Edit

I am now Wiz3>Link1 few levels and I’m Wiz3>Link1>Sorc1.
Considering to take Rune Caster next, is it worth it without Cryo?

Rune caster seems pretty sweet I’ve searched the forums but not much ppl play Rune caster except for with Cryo, is there any reason not to take RC1 over Sorc2 it has been buffed and 3s cast time (with Wiz3) doesn’t seem all that long when you have a pet. On top of that I’m playing with Controller so aiming is easy.

Wiz3 > Link1 > Sorc1 > RC1 >

Wiz3 > Link1 > Sorc1 > Sorc2 >

Last two ranks can be any combination of: Sorcerer, Warlock and Sage.

What do you think is best for PvP ?

Kino 1 is almost useless in PvP(telekinesis is a finish off skill mostly, when you have like 2-3 vs 1 player remaining), link1 is better generally even there.

Thanks for the answer, are teleport and swap not very usefull for pvp?

At rank 3 would you say Kino3 or Link3 is better, looking at future content I’m pretty sure there will be more ranks, however the limited options on rank 4 are bugging me, Chrono would be perfect but it isn’t available untill rank 5…

Swap is totally useless because of its like 2.5 seconds animation time. Teleport lvl 5 is too low to save you(and it still warps you in pseudo-random direction in mouse-mode(though it has been fixed on kToS)) it is ok but very situational skill, lvl 15 is good though.
Linker2-3 are practically dont worth it in PvP, life lines is useless, spiritual chain is ok only when you have at least one Scout in team(will make your team invisible). Though linker1 becomes useless in PvM because of skillvl*10 hits limit which is not enough at higher levels.
Psy1-2 is complelety useless, except some meelee cc or cc for 2-3 mobs. Psy3 is some more cc, but still too low for PvE.
TL,DR:
Psy3 for PvP, link2-3 for PvE.

Thank you for your in depth answer.

As for the choice of Psy1 vs Link1 I guess it does not matter since both are quite useless at rank1 right? would you advise me to pick up another skill such as Pyro1 or Cry1 then? since I need to select something for rank4 and at this moment honestly everything looks quite useless to me if you don’t intend to max it out.

I would generally say that Link1 is at least pretty much helpful in levelling until maybe lvl 250, which is a lot, after it it is still a good rank. Specially good with summon, makes levelling much more smooth. It is still good and better than any other rank you can get at rank4.
While Psy1 is only usefull for Telekinesis in some PvP cases(remember that you also are locked while using it, though you can right click cancel it like any other buff). And it is completely useless in PvE. While Psy2(I have it) has Magnetic Force which is one of the best ingame skills i PvP for now.
Cryo1 and Pyro1 are bad, dont worth taking at all. Cryo1 is very hard to freeze in PvP(it has halved duration both there and in dungeons), and it is very hard to hit moving targets. Pyro1 is the worth - low damage, even with Agni (3x fire damage), to few hits, just waste of rank. Same is with thauma(to low bonus, takes buff slot, does not work on summons).
Sorc3 is not worth taking.

Thank you for your response!

I will update the main thread aswell but of the following builds what one do you think would work the best for PVP?

Wiz3> kino1 or link1 >Sorc2>WL2
Wiz3> kino1 or link1 >Sorc2>WL1>Sage1
Wiz3> kino1 or link1 >Sorc1>WL2>Sage1

Wiz3> kino2 or link2 >Sorc1>WL2
Wiz3> kino2 or link2 >Sorc1>WL1>Sage1
Wiz3> kino2 or link2 >WL2>Sage1
Wiz3> kino2 or link2 >Sorc2>WL1

Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >Sorc2
Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >Sorc1>Sage1
Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >Sorc1>WL1
Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >WL1>Sage1
Wiz3> kino3 or link3 >WL2

Wiz3> kino or link 1 >Chrono3> Then Last point in WL1/Sage1/Sorc1

Edit: went for Wiz3>Link1>Sorc1

Thanks in advance!

My Linker C1 can 1-shot pack of mobs at Tymerys, level 292 map, with Familiars + Theurge, which is 40/60 hits since I got Dandel Gem. 55/60 hits at Warlock C3.

Temple Shooter still hits hits 2x 4,5k~6,7k on high mdef mobs and still like a truck on players, slow at a very mobile PvP but is a very hard damage to counter since it’s most likely impossible to achieve his base damage in defense values.

Familiar has 80% matk = base damage, so whenever I get to 2k matk, my familiar will have ~1,6k base damage, making this another awesome skill for Wiz 3 > Linker > Sorcerer 2 > Warlock, as I also got Dark % multiplier from Warlock.

I have chosen linker.

I’m now W3>Link1 going Sorc1 in few hours after that I have no plan yet.

Maybe i go farm for the Dandel gem as you have explained it seems invaluable if you want to keep link at 1 and still have good use for it.

1 Like

Yes, Dandel Gem is very good for Linker C1, with DM you get 70 hits on 6 linked mobs, 60 is generaly enough to be honest.