Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard Issue overkill?

Hi everyone.

I have a problem with my character which I want to share with all you. The problem is “I cant Overkill monster” I was trying to complete my “Archievements” which say I need to overkill and amount of monster, after awhile I noticed wasnt working at all.

One of my current character is at lvl. 144 (W>Cryo3>Chro1) and I went to Lemprasa Pond because is a level 1 Field in the Fedimian Territory, I thought it was a nice play to overkill some monsters, but for my surprise I cant overkill any of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dVz4Zc_-gE

My status are:

Worry about this and getting no answer what is going on… I decided to create another character which is Lvl. 15 (W>Cryo1) which is status are the ones you start any character at the begining too see if the problem persist with this one too… But for my surprise “It Work”

https://youtu.be/LRwG2GWzlrc

So, please someone explain me what is going on here? why my character with level 144 cant overkill and the one with level 15 Can? i dont have a clue what is happening here…

Overkills only happen when you’re still in the exp level range of the monster you’re killing.

Two things:

1. You should still be able to get some exp from the monster you’re killing. I think it’s +/- 15 levels between you and the monster.

2. You should deal true single-hit damage that’s more than 100% of the monster’s current HP.

1 Like

Biskee is right, you need to get EXP from the mob, and deal a single hit (or single fake multi-hit) equal to at least 100.1% of its max HP (so Oneshot it).

More info:

1 Like

Another method to be able to Overkill enemies when Earthquake becomes obsolete is with Ele 2’s Meteor. I believe it’s atm the only burst skill for Wiz that can do over 10k damage until Rank 8 comes out.

Thankfully you’ll be facing many enemies with under 5k health. The issue with this being is that while enemy health tends to stagnate even when you progress through maps, they WILL gain some aoe defense which will decrease the number of mobs struck by this.

There Also Rune Of Destruction (R6)
And Flash Strike … (Once R8 is out for Necro 3)
Both of those spell are Similar Stronger Version of Meteor.

Thank you all for you answers… ^^

@Biskee
I kwow about the +/- 15 levels between you and the monster to get some EXP. But I didnt know this also included for Overskill, this is a great information.:heart_eyes:

@greyhiem

Wow… I think make 100.1% in a single hit would be kinda hard with this build especially if I am fighting with mob who are close to my current level.:tired_face:

@aforsakenbird

This is my first time using Earqth Quake, I didnt know it’s become obsolete.!! That 's horrible… I am not going to Elementalist so i am running with out options here…:cold_sweat:

@momory32

I haven’t test Rune Caster yet… I am not sure how it work, but I will someday.:smiling_imp:

Thanks all for you answers guys. :grimacing:

Yep. Earthquake actually isn’t worth putting points into as you climb the Ranks. I know that when I got a free skill reset I took the points out of Energy Bolt and Earthquake in my Wiz 3 and just put them in Reflect Shield. All other worthwhile spells were already maxed and Reflect Shield is at least better than those spells.

Come Rank 8, Necromancers and Featherfoots get a new single damage nuke so you’re not too far out of the park as long as you go Necro C3 or FF C2.

1 Like