Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard gearing 2017

Since the post-patch, Threre was changes to wizards (and classes in general) Nowadays, I’ve decided to improve my gear and reach high amounts of magic attack with my PyroEleLock. That’s why I want to check items in terms of viability (since there a lot of out dated threads) .

• Animus - This item used to be quite popular back then with full con builds (and probably people who pvp). But haven’t really followed it around. Is it still recommendable to use this as a “BiS” necklace and can serve as an alternative to Peta/Max Peta?

If we do some math here (Correct me if I’m wrong :o)
Animus gives 32 magic attack and takes 40% of hp recovery into magic amplification.
I currently have 330ish HP recovery.

330*0.40 = 132 magic amplification

So from what I’ve researched, You divide magic amplification by 2 to get its average which kinda acts like magic attack so~
132/2 = 66 will be the average.

In total (by adding the magic attack and average) it gives me atleast 98 magic attack (so its kinda equates to 49 INT).

Feel free to add some feedback as I’m really interested.

• Armor - Currently, I’m using Elkosh set which gives good defense and some good amount of INT (since it’s a level 220 item.) However, I’m wondering if the War mage equips can compete with this set. Considering that in all equips, it gives 30+ INT, Some SP and SPR. and what’s best in this that it doesn’t really require a “set” effect compared to Elkosh. Meaning you can diversify your armor choices, The bad thing is that it really has low defense values and requires gems to make it par with 270+ defense equips. Should I stick with elkosh? Go min-max with war mage? (Lolopanther would be 100% good BiS, but what can be a good placeholder or just to stick with?)

• Weapon - Obviously we all know that 315+ orange recipes totally beat purple recipes. But since I’m not into hardcore farming materials 24/7 with DPK that can take one week and the possibility of destorying the weapon, I’m sticking with the purple recipes.

Viena mace - This is generally recommended to people since it gives a lot of m.atk and give survivability, However, How will this affect future content (especially for sorcerers/necromancers and future classes scale at SPR?)

Viena Staff - The difference of the m.atk are minuscule but gives SPR, Only difference that it doesn’t allow you to equip shields. How does it co-exist with Vena Mace?

So which might be possible good?

if u want transce you weapon, staff will give u bigger boost, but if u dont want just pick viena mace ( u will have better survi with shild and mace too)

dunno about armor cuz im using lolos ;x

1 Like

just use cheap +6 315 plate and focus upgrade/trans weap

If you strictly play wizard and your endgame weapon will be just a 1prac weapon (meaning you won’t upgrade it to a 2 prac in the future, and you will transcend your vienerazis), then staff will better.

Otherwise, mace is better because you can give it to other clerics, warriors, and wizards in your team. It is also easier to sell this weapon because so many other classes can use it.

if you do plan on using animus don’t forget that Vienarazis Staff gives 435 hp recovery (174 m amp)

Magic Attack 1273
INT 72
SPR 30
Evasion 22
HP Recovery 435

the sad thing about using a staff is that thaum buffs affect you less.

I think the staff is better for ele3 and stuff but don’t know how to compensate for the survivability loss.

Is purple staff strong enough to clear solmiki set’s ET?

People running solmiki typically use orange weapon with trans 6 or higher.

1 Like

Armor you can survive with virtovs with lv6/5 red or yellow gems up into solmiki (I think).

You’d need a real good weapon to carry you up almost to anywhere unless you are a support. I’ve seen Regard Horn Staff Users wrecking mobs in ET, one frost cloud is more than enough to finish up a group of frost pillared mobs in the center.

If you wanna stay cheap, the blue or purple hunting ground 315 staff +15 can also do the job if you’re on budget. After the Agny Necklace hype and nerf, Animus is once again a BiS, else, Max Petamion is still a good option. You’d want Wizard Bracelets or Archmage Bangles for your wizard dpsers. They help.

1 Like

What gem do you guys recommend to put on a regard horn staff? Red or Blue? Thanks

JTOS players are utilizing Thaum3 to clear 40F Solmiki, because they don’t have Leticia Cubes, Reset Voucher or Multiply Token, most of them not even have orange weapon or transcend.

I would just say that, Mace+Dagger/Shield would be better option in post combat change if you are not obsessing overkill damage value.