Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard Equipment Queries

Currently playing an elementalist. From what I’ve read, it seems that rod+arde seems to be the best combo. A lot people are recommending the following

1. Ignition + Arde
  2. Maga rod + Arde
  3. Superior Corona + Arde
  4. Cata Club + Arde

Since this is for end-game equipment, I guess it’s best to start saving now and spend it on the above mentioned options. Which is the best value for money option though?

And before I get those rods, should I first buy a arde dagger (no luck so far with 90 dungeon) + any normal rod before I get the rod of my choice?

Another question, for now I’m using Cafrisun Set but I think it’s about time to change to something else? I read a lot about weapons but not much about armour. Anyone would care to enlighten me regarding this?

Lastly, for my CryoKino sub, would Audra be a better choice since it add +2 to Cryo skills?

Since you play elementalist, you should pick the weapon that can provide you with more matk since FC scales well w/ it.

Don’t bother w/ cata club, I don’t know why people even suggest it.

Superior Corona rod will be the optimal choice due to its higher raw matk.
Make sure to upgrade it til +9~10 atleast.
If you have an alchemist friend then try to get the briquetted version of it.

Best value for money out of those is Superior Corona Rod, which is the around 1/10 of the price and has the highest magic attack among those. It is for Lv220 though, while the others are for Lv170

Yeah just buy an Arde and use any rod

Cafrisun’s fine until the point when you start to struggle, so it depends on your stats and how you play. Usually people start to change at 190 (Lv.170 armours).

For your CryoKino, you’ll only really need Audra if you’re leaving Cryo at 1 (like if you’re doing a Kino-focused Rune Caster build). Otherwise, you can get away using Ice Rod + Shield to swap with your dps set.

Cata club has the highest raw magic damage out of all of those. It is the optimal choice IF you don’t plan on enhancing the rod (303 magic attack vs 267 from superior corona, it also gives sp recovery and hp bonus. S. Corona is better if you plan on using anvils to increase the magic damage above 303)

I would still suggest S. Corona + dagger though due to pricing.

For your cyro-kino, Audra or ice rod, if you don’t plan on enhancing it you can always cast ice wall with one of those then weapon switch to a stronger rod.

Thanks for all the replies.

So my best bet now is first get a arde dagger, and use any normal rod before I finally land my hands on a superior corona rod?

Would anyone know if it’s tradable (available on market?) or will I need to hunt it myself?

Its tradeable and fairly cheap, last time I checked it was like 590k

Since this is about equipments. Would Maga Rod + Arde be best for sorc or Sup Corona Rod is better? I went for Wiz 3 -> Link 1 -> Sorc 2 -> Featherfoot

Simple like others have said…

a +9/10 or more Superior Corona Rod with an Arde dagger or Shield of your choice
2 Wiz Bracelets
1 Animus or 1 Max Penta (but Animus is better)
3 Plate / 1 Cloth glove if your not full CON Build
4 Cloth if your full CON (PVP) Build

For my CryoKino, would Audra be a better pick or Rod+Arde be better?