Tree of Savior Forum

[Wizard] Earthquake spell visual effect seems NOT representative of the hitted zone

Earthquake spell really needs to get debugged, checked up… or buffed…
The zone visual effect is clearly not representative of the real hitted zone.
Like it shows a huge circle, but mostly miss all the monsters in the AoE zone.
If so, why this is not written in the skill description.
For a skill that only have 1 skill charge it MUST be effective on the zone you targetted… and so affect all the monsters that were in the zone.
Is there a maximum number of monster earthquake can hit ?
May it be only because the lag ?

Earthquake has an AoE ratio of 4.
I’ve never played a mage, but I’ll assume they have a basic AoE ratio of 3 as well. So it should be hitting 7 enemies unless the enemies have AoE defense.

Earthquake as AoE ratio of 8 ingame dear … tosbase is’nt updated at all on these things… please try and inform you well before posting answers.

There’s not a lot of ways to keep oneself informed without actually playing everything, with tosbase barely being updated, if at all. So my bad on that part.

However if you know how many enemies it hits why did you ask:

After all, my first post was mainly directed at that question.

This is a problem with a lot of skills, at least for the classes I’ve picked…
which for a melee character who’s range is already extremely limited is a serious issue. I just haven’t made a report yet because I was waiting until rank 5 so I could just do all the Rodelero skills that I will be getting.

AoE ratio means the wideness of the zone, not a max number of enemies hitted.

I’m asking this because there were at least 10-11 goblins right in my “circle” (earthquake skill zone visual) and that only 5-6 got hit.

Actually it does indicate how many enemies it hits.

“AoE Attack Ratio can be roughly thought to be the maximum number of targets an attack will hit.”

This I know is a truth and if you don’t believe me then just read the wiki.

http://wiki.tosbase.com/wiki/AoE_Attack_and_Defense_Ratio

1 Like

Sorry but tosbase IS updated - you should be the one informing yourself about the game before jumping on people.

Earthquake AoE ratio - 4.
Wizard base AoE ratio - 3.
Staff Default AoE ratio - 1.

4 + 3 + 1 = 8. Skill tooltips update according to your AoE ratio in-game and do this calculation for you, hence why you see 8.

As for what AoE ratio actually means, refer to @Raiden121212’s post up there - that’s 100% what it does and it has no relation whatsoever with the size of your AoEs.

That said, as for your question, the size on Earthquake’s visual AoE is perfectly accurate. :wink:

1 Like

That’s uncalled for, he is trying to help you and apparently you are the one misunderstanding the system.

2 Likes

Ha. ha. ha… funny useless post Mirarara …
That said …

Thanks meiohjp for teaching me the AoE ratio calculation… i did’nt knew …

So I just have been another victim of the “Lag Effect”

[POST CLOSED]