Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard DPS Build to Rank 10 analysis

Looking at the wizard pathing for R8 to r11 there is
taoist, mimic, enchanter, onmyoji, sage, and shadowmancer
if you pair them up 2 per rank it doesnt add up so they might have to add at least one more class. It seems like shadowmancer, and maybe sage? might be the heaviest dps class based on their names.

anyway the point is, the devs have to make C1 of these r7+ classes to match the power of C3 of lower tiers like pyro and cyro. Why?

1. To add fun in the game
    you can then take C1 of on of a two classes each rank and not worry about their weakness to it and forcing a C2
  2. To add incentive to take up these classes. if pyro was stronger than c1 warlock, you might as well keep pyro and go utility
  3. The game gets harder. the pyro damage scaling probably wont be enough even with your int to keep using it. this game has bad skill scaling after all.
  4. your skill buttons/slots are limited.
    basically you only have a limited space for your buttons and obviously during a fight it would be hard to switch a set of assigned skills on your keyboard, even if u could. therefore, it is encouraged to gradually get rid of old skills for new skills.
    maybe thats why the devs are so lazy on actually making useful skills every skill on every class

the bottom line is this. its hard to admit for me, but in the end game, pyro will be trash, and so will 80% to 90% of early game skills on any class.
it is better to go wiz3 for magic damage scaling however dumb that is.

You forgot that some of those classes could be hidden and so far hidden classes have only 1 circle and can be found between rank 1-7 who knows.

idk that much which ones will be hidden. i do know that archers dont have their hidden yet and that 2 main classes are generally introduced per rank.
i do hope they try to hide it better and not be easily datamined. then the whole point of hiding is pointless. as if the devs are now playing the hide and seek game with the dataminders to find them instead of the actual players.

When are coming rank 8 9 and 10?

:rotating_light:Soon :spy:

3 Likes

i’m hoping to see some solid patch notes soon so we dont go all the same obvious way for damage which is wizard 3. Cause i can imagine as i read posts here that probably AT LEAST 50-60% of wizards will go wiz 3 path. What if they just start nerfing quick cast and screwing up everyone? cause getting wizard 3 had never been about quick-casting things anyway, its just about the damage bonus, which is SAD for the game in general.

That’s why the best DPS option for wizards now is Wiz 3 - ele 3 path, it’s not even close. I may be running a wiz 3 - ele 3 -featherfoot just because why not? I had my linker build planned with some synergy with featherfoot and maybe pyro 2-3. Then they started changing things to the point u start questioning picking pyro - linker combos for DPS purposes (based on datamined stuff for the record).

What does the future hold for us? I think we just create a character we like to play for now and then when the whole picture is given to us we start theorycrafting the REAL main character we are going to play as.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty sick of Wizard c3. It’s just a gimmick to cover up the overall bad design of the base class. Every single other base class offers some way to buff your damage in either c1 or c2, while also having skills that scale decently even into late game.

I hope it doesn’t just get nerfed, but that the entire Wizard class gets a rework.

Wiz 3 was fine back then…when quick cast was still only 66% uptime (8s)…when Magic Missile was much weaker (require Sleep for bouncing effect, and often miss)…when lethargy/energy bolt attributes was bugged…that was time leveling wiz 3 is truly a huge pain in the ass.
But when ktos open IMC keep buffing them more and more…and now they almost become mandatory choice for dps wizs.

Somehow I want my old wiz 3 back…the proud feeling of gone though 6 ranks of being super worthless just for Frost Cloud + Quick Cast back in icb2 :worried:

I think Pyromancer need some love, or perhaps a hidden class Geomancer in rank5, which can synergy with pyromancer,
like flameground+earthquake = volcano eruption, stone shooting thru firewall = magma shoot, stone crush + fireball = explosion

Same, Electromancer to combo with Cryomancer for Ice-Lightning PvE combo

hahahah man lets share ideas for skills we could become a creative machine.

What if taking pyro and featherfoot we could actually boil blood from the enemies and fu.ck them up?