Tree of Savior Forum

[ Wizard Changelog ] Wizard changes from kTOS and iTOS

there is wiz3>pyro 3> ele c1 that i’ve encountered, solo-ing in demon district 2
in telsiai.

More nerfs incoming!

R.I.P Kinos

New patch information has been added (Subzero Shield, Gravity Pole, Raise, Dirty Pole, Pole of Agony)

Also, seems like most [Team Battle League] skill changes were actually applied to all PvP modes. Exception being the use limits of [Revive] and [Resurrection]

RIP Cryokinos. Those who are leveling cryokinos for pvp will reroll if these patches were applied in itos.

No~ my Gravity Pole :tired_face:. well, i already predicted this, it was too op.
.Atleast my wiz 3 - kino 3 - WL build still have some burst dmg with WL…

I’m a cryo3kino3 player myself and for some reason, I’m really glad about the nerfs. The skills and effects are really too good to be true. Finally there will now be less qq’ers.

Either way, I went this build because of having a “supportive” mindset. If I can still CC properly with [Gravity Pole] then I can live with it. I always see the damage or soon to be nerfed damage as an added bonus.

Cheers for the updates : D

Also added the [Swell Left Arm] and [Swell Right Arm] updates that i missed earlier

Subzero Shield
02/06/2016 kTOS
Effect now only applies to melee attacks
[Subzero Shield] can now be canceled by [Bodkin Point] (70% chance)

Thank you for getting the patch notes updated here, awesome job.

2 Likes

I hope that SubShield nerf only affects pvp. Ranged monsters are a huge pain.

Another nerf to cryomancer’s pvp potential. Wow. These changes are absurd. They pretty much killed the class. They better give free class resets to those affected by these ridiculous nerfs if they’re going to implement them in iTOS.

never even seen one skill patch notice in forums for itos. wtf?

if they nerf it n pvp they should give something for pve or that class will be useless

Thing is, I didn’t make a cryo3 for pve. If I wanted a pve wiz, I would’ve made an elem3-wl. These nerfs just push people to make a single build for each purpose.

Glad that the sub-zero shield is nerfed. I has seen many skill testing video which shows how ridiculous OP the shield is. Lel…

Geez… Reduzing either the freezing chance or the duration of Sub Zero by half in PvP would have done the trick but this nerf is killing the purpose of a shield and the defensive mechanismn of cryomancer. Why should a shield only work against melee and not range…
I am not against a nerf of sub zero. It is/was too strong in pvp but this just too much…

2 Likes

IMO, It’s not really that dead except for cryo1 or cryo2, I still see viable combos that works with cryo3 but that’s just for PVP. I personally don’t find it worthy to invest 3 ranks of cryo just for it though, we have to make good use of it since we have it already I guess(unless resets).

There are only two viable builds that I can think of, and they’re both offensive supports. Cryo3-chrono3 and cryo3-kino3. Well, cryokino has the combo, but that has a minute cool down. It’s not very dependable.

No, cryo-chrono is far from viable now. With subzero only working on melee, all range (Archer & other Wizards) nuke them down as they have no defense anymore. They just kite a cryo-chrono around. Stay away from the tree, run away/interrupt snowball. Freezing chance attribute from bolt gone, a cryo-chrono pretty much can buff his party and stay in the backlines.

1 Like

Very unorthodox cryo3+pyro3’s fireball snowroll.

I have a guildie who does like 20~30k++ damage to me If i get caught with it. The downtime is too high though lol but it takes people out of safety zones and aoe. A player-dependent-non-mainstream-class if I would say.

1 Like