Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard Build Questions

Greetings guys! I have never played ToS before but I am pretty hyped for the release next week and plan on sinking a lot of time into the game. I’ve had a lot of deliberation over what class I want to role, but I think I’ve settled on the wizard archetype. I just have a few questions.

1. I plan on playing solo for a majority of my early leveling. Would it make the most sense for me to head in an elementalist/linker type build for AoE? Or should I do a pyro or cryo build? Not sure what is best for soloing.

2. What type of stat distribution would be best best for the above build. I’m scared about the fact that we cannot redistribute stats so I want to make it an effective stat build for multiple skill respects if possible (if I need to).

3. Alchemist - is there a decent way to fit this into one of the above builds? The money-making classes intrigue me.

Thanks guys! Looking forward to responses so we can discuss more.

1. All of the builds you listed are good, you just have to work on classes other than the main one to make them work well. Ele3 goes well with Wiz3 (which is very good for most builds actually, bc Quickcast). Linker goes well with Pyro and not bad with Cryo. Pyros and Cryos can go for summoning, also combos with Psychokino and Rune Caster (most people don’t like this one though). Cryo 3 goes very well with Chrono 3.

2. Most people will use 3:1 or 4:1, mostly INT:CON for damage and support focused dudes go CON:INT probably. Remember thauma can change your stats, as you seem concerned about this.

3. You should go either Wiz > Pyro 2 > Link 2 > Alche 2 or Wiz > Pyro > Link 2 > Sorc > Alche 2.

Alchemist is the worst money making class actually, very hard to make good profit and potions are too cheap to sell them.

Hey, thanks for the response! Looks like if I a roll a wizard I will be going Wiz3, Ele3, Lock. I’m assuming 3:1 or 4:1 is still good.

Wiz3 > Ele 3 > Warlock is the most popular build, it’s probably a option sure to be good.

Either 3:1 or 4:1 is fine, try to change it according to how much you can flee from damage with your gameplay.

Wizard over other classes seems like the most flexible option atm due to skill resets but no stat resets. 3/4:1 int:con seems like it’d be cool with most wizard class builds.