Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard Build for Burst Damage

Hi everyone. I’m returning to ToS after months off… In r9~10 patch, I’ve played with Wizard 3 -> Ele 3 -> RC -> Sage 3 and I LOVED that single target burst with sage and some AoE damage with Ele / RC.

I’ve been searching some builds and everything I see is Cryo / Kino / Tao . Onmy (or with Chronomancers) or Pyro / Ele / Tao. I’ve tested both variations with the reset event in rebuild and I didn’t like both… I’m actually with this Cryo / Kino / Onmy build and I just realized that Ice Wall has been nerfed (the only reason that I’ve picked because it was OP for everything).

There are some possible variations to get some AoE and single target damage on wizard? (I really hate the fireball combo =.=’’)

I’m thinking about Shadow / Sage / Onmy. (Only in the concept, I know this build is bad [RIP Sage… I love the old Dimension Compresion…])

Aw… I really didn’t like the pyro tao build but seems that i’ll go with it just to make everything faster to equip my character… thanks x.x’’

Best single target burst that has no Tao is likely FF (after balance patch that makes Kundela up to 3 hits). Use it with Chrono, and maybe Rune Caster for 50% mdef reduction before using 6 overheats of Kundela (with Chrono pass). Else you can switch Rune Caster for Warlock for better general AOE (Warlock gets much better after all the balances through Episode 11 patch). Though honestly I find Kundela’s execution slow enough that even with huge damage you don’t really feel the burst; it just takes too long to use all 6 overheats.

Excuse me but why Cryo / Kino / Onmy build is nerfed exactly? Only thing I’ve known is they increased ice wall hit interval, which only affects Frieno user. I tested ice wall + PP and still can deal 20 hits for entire PP same as before.

you burst slower. People or boss can escape from danger zone.

Sorry I don’t familiar with PVP. I thought OP asked for PVE context because he mention taoist.
I picked exact Cryo / Kino / Onmy build for sake of boosting PP, gravity pole. because I don’t use Frieno. If I got Frieno, Onmyo is not that essential. Also frost pillar can freeze non-raid boss so there is plenty of time to setup ice wall. Moreover, ice wall can continue freezing bosses so they stay still until the end.

you can go Ele>Tao>Chrono for a strong burst build for AoE and single target.