Tree of Savior Forum

Wizard 3 > Elemental 3 > Warlock 1... Plate or Cloth?

So I’ve been contemplating for awhile now and having sunk a lot of money into cloth mastery and getting smacked around, I was wondering if I should change to plate mastery before I use more silver on cloth mastery.

I’m currently doing a full int build where I’m only adding points into int from level ups.

If I get plate mastery, I’ll mostly do top bottom boots plate and gloves cloth to keep the magic amp.

What do the more seasoned players think? I’d like some input and reasoning.

Not really seasoned but I would say start using plate once you start dying a lot and have to put points into con.

Cloth > Plate during regular grinding where dying is very unlikely. (glass connon)

Plate > Cloth in harder dungeons and pvp. (extra HP for survival)

Combat regen has been fixed so getting maximum SP isn’t nearly as important.

Ok, I’ll see what others have to say before jumping the gun though, thanks for your input.

1 Like

I believe plate is better because Max HP fits every part of the game.

It’s useful to have a cloth set with good atts for specific purposes though.

i’d say you need both. because when you wear plate and fight mobs with strike type damage - things might get ugly very fast. Note: only torso matters in deciding your armor type against incoming attacks.

Also cloth give you better resist vs magic attacks, and plate gives you better resit vs physical attacks. So ideally everyone should need both.

No use for leather ofc. Unless someones trying that meteor dodge thing?

I am going with cloth since you doesn’t recive magic amplification from plate.

is a crap stat tbh (imo). Half as efficient compared to magic attack.

It is a nice improvement in high lvl, not for early game.

highest one gives about 80 amplification. Thats like receiving +40 magic attack buff when you do thousands.

This sounds like it should be a thing. Would pay to see it.

+40 * 150% (quick cast) * bonus combo damage 135%-140%. =~+80

But I agree it is kinda lacking.

Magic amp should’ve been like a crit chance for mage to do say +50% more damage.

Both would be ideal, but I’d rather focus on one because silver constraints lol

So if you had to chose between one or the other (taking the armor mastery attributes into account) which would be more ideal to settle on?

Plate. For end game probably.

Elementalist have pretty good SP efficiency on their skills. So you don’t run out very quickly. I’ll rather have the 15% physical damage reduction + some HP from attributes (I think its pretty small though).

Plate as much as possible… If you use less Con you have more points to stack into Int. And when you stack Int you get bigger bonus stats.

Let me explain the real deal. Stats on items do not give you bonus stats. So if for example you have 500 Int at rank 7 and you get a bonus 20 Int… That’s just 20 Int…
But… If you’re at 500 Int and you use 20 base stats you get an effective 42 int. You feel me brother? http://www.tosbase.com/tools/stat-calculator/

So if you got a choice between allocating Con to survive or just wearing armor with Con… You wear the armor with Con and you come out with more power then the cloth guy that has to use base stats in Con to survive.

3 Likes

I’m personally putting int till 500 before I start other stats. (jk)

personally i like Leather Mastery: Dexterity…Allows you to equip [Leather] armor. When equipped with 3 or more pieces
of [Leather] armor, increases your evasion. When equipped with 4
[Leather] armor pieces, your evasion increases from attributes by an
additional 50%

Help me a lot to dodge attacks from enemys.