Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz3>Thaumaturge3>RuneCaster

i think i m going to make wiz3>thauma 3> runecaster aswell.
i dont think if u get linker just for the sake of magic missile will be good idea. i mean, when at high lvl, rotation of skills is matter.

well for my idea, i m getting wiz 3 bcoz i need the fast casting + bonus magic dmg for RuneCaster spells. and then lethargy for strike dmg. since thauma can increase your normal hit atk dmg like crazy.

my ideas is balance between super magic nuke spell and auto atk physical.
with power staff
http://www.tosbase.com/database/items/recipes/13069/
I can deal huge normal hit atk dmg.
I m thinking pump up dex 200+ with 60 int. no need to worry about CON btw, bcoz thauma can balance the int with CON if u have the attribute.
at the end, i have High physical strike normal atk dmg + OP dmg for rune of divine and rune of destruction. after doing magic spells, i can go switch into giant mode(rune of giant) and just auto atk enemy like nuts.

Wow, many thanks, I never knew o.O Also, I wanted to lump Link toghether with Thaum in one build, but as I prefer Linker 2, I think one 3-rank class at rank 7 is more important than two 2-rank classes.

I read somewhere that an ultimately masochistic support build would be Wiz2 - Linker2 - Chrono3 (able to share Surespell and other buffs, link monsters effectively, Chrono full buff set, but ALMOST NO DAMAGE AT ALL). Plus the fact that I donā€™t prefer Linker1 and Chrono 3 is too awesome to miss, I didnā€™t consider your build. But more suggestions are always good.

Surespell canā€™t be shared anymore.:disappointed_relieved:

Oh wow, thanksā€¦ Iā€™m so outdatedā€¦

Rune of Destruction is a 90s cooldown spell. That is super unreliable DPS just to have one spell for a rank 7 class.

Unless you have Cryo somewhere in the build, Rune Caster is more of a unique support than attacking class. A support that uses damage buffs and deals damage spikes, not competing with other attack classes.

I agree Rune of Destructionā€™s CD is overwhelming, but the skill having 400% MATK addition (if TOSBase is correct) makes it rather future-proof in damage at later levels. Look at how many Magic skills have %MATK addition.

Everything multihit. While multihit does mean that itā€™ll hit defense multiple times, even fireball will hit 500% or more MATK with near instant cast time.

Ah, how could I forget the reason why people like Pyro. Still, I was just justifying why Rune Caster has such unreliable DPS - it is a unique one-class wonder, capable of many things but excel at nothing in long term (Iā€™d really look forward to RC 2, if there is any).

By the way, somewhere on this forum reported Rune of Destruction acting like a massive Magic Missile, bouncing on and off all monsters within AoE, hitting even mobs that it already hit. I wonder if thatā€™s trueā€¦

Yes, RoD can bounce to already hit targets. I RoD Necroventer (lv 90 dun) and his traps, and missiles bounce to the boss from the traps dealing around 50% of Necroventerā€™s HP. I think it was around 4~5 19k after initial damage.

The problem with this build is that rune caster is just for show here. Forget warlock, youd get more returns from linker1. Hell, even the consistent cc from cryo1 is probably better than rune casterā€™s unreliable skill set. Unless you have access to the ice wall combo.

That said, do whatā€™s fun for you.

I really wanted to go this route until i found out that you cant ā€œcā€ auto attack in giant form -_-

considereing sourcerer now

somone know, do quick cast: magic damage up our auto attack, or not?
thanks

It works on the magicy bolt you fire with a staff,rod, sword and mace.

U mean skill ā€œenergy boltā€, or auto-attack ā€œboltā€ - just dont want misunderstanding.
Seems like auto-attack.

yes. the main auto attack is magic damage and buffed by quick castā€™s attribute.
Sub attacks, such as the melee staff swing and dagger attacks are not magic damage.

Thank you very much.

super Meh builds and every noob players are following this builds from so called
CombatMageBuild in tosbase/sim.