Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz3-Thau-Ele2-Warlock best farming path?

Any insights about this path? I’m thinking of creating it for solely farming/grinding mats.

Taking Thau C1 at expense of Ele C3’s Freeze Ground is not the best choice IMO.

But swell body doubles the loot you get right? Is Freeze Ground really that good?

How about wiz3-thau-sorc2-warlock?

Thauma C1 works good in tandem with Linker C1 (JP > Knot > Swell > kill), but Wiz C3 doesn’t enable fast killing of high level monsters (with double HP from swell). Also Magic Missile doesnt really work with Linker’s JP the way many players think it should have worked.

Thau Sorc C2 is questionable because summon does not benefit from extra magic attack you get from thauma buff of Wiz C3. Linker instead of Thauma would have worked better for Sorc as well.

So its either your original path or Wiz3 Thauma Ele3 for farming.

What do you think? Ele3 > Warlock?

it is a standard/cookie cutter wizard DPS build. You can find plenty of threads about it on forum.

What i mean is getting Ele3 or Warlock at rank 7. Which is better

If you absolutely can’t live without Thau 1…

Elementalist C3 will give you Frost Cloud, which is by far and away the most damaging AoE ground skill wizards get. Most, not all, of the high-health mobs you’ll encounter from Alemeth onwards are ground monsters, so this is a solid choice. Extra points in hail and electrocute also help your AoE.

Warlock will give you Pole of Agony, which is on a 1m timer as opposed to 30s Frost Cloud, but will hit flying mobs. It does comparable damage to Frost Cloud, but it’s a much, much smaller radius (you will be heavily reliant on sleep to CC monsters in place). The good news is, if you hit monsters with it once, they get a Damage over Time (DoT) applied to them, so you can just lead them through rather than place Pole of Agony on top of them if they’re sufficiently low HP.

The other thing Warlock brings to the table farming wise is Invocation. If you’re just straight silver farming in a place with high respawns like Bees or Demon Prison District 2, Invocation can clear a room very, very quickly. I leave you with this Youtube video.

IMHO, take Ele 3 if you intend to farm any map level 220+; take Warlock if you intend to silver grind lower level maps.

1 Like

The real reason for Warlock is not Pole of Agony, but Dark Theurge.

you meant Invocation?

Dark Theurge is really important too, don’t get me wrong; however, Warlock sans C3 Elementalist is still going to be strongest at mid-tier silver farming rather than late game farming, and Pole of Agony does a much better job at that than Dark Theurge simply because it hits more often before it expires.

No, the 5 balls from Dark Theurge is the strong defensive + single target burst spell you get from Warlock. Say goodbye to the fear of range mobs.

1 Like

I want thau only because of the double loot drop. Since i want to hunt mats much efficiently. Do you think it is worth it though? Thau over warlock? Since to get silver much faster these days is by hunting mats right?