Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz3 > Link1 > Chrono2 > Lin2 or Chro3 ? // Enough Burn/Party Supp/CC?

Hey Lads 'n Gents,

i’ve a few questions regarding this wiz! Im a relatively new player; my first char was a cleric (cler2, diev1, prie1, pala2) and after reaching the lv 180 Nimbus (no Exp cards left ;/) i decided to roll this wizard. The support was good with that char, however, i played a lot solo in that region, which simply takes too long for me, since that Cleric dont have AoE/DMG.

Main source of Burn with this Wizzy:
Rot 1 :Joint-Hang-QuickC-Magic Missle
Rot 2: Joint-Hang-Sleep-QuickC-Energy Bolt (Lv40 right now)

Stats:
Level 0-100: 1:1:3=Spirit:Const:Int (Essentialy: 20 Spirit, 20 Const, 60 Int)
Level 100+ 1:3=Const:Int

1. Attribute Joint Penalty: Lightning/Poison/Earth
    Whats the base here ? It says “addition % damage”. My magic attack, or my current Lightning/Poison/Earth Damage shown in the character sheet ?

2. Since i have medium CC (Didnt wanted to take Cryo):
    I’ve read that a lot of support/CC going for full Const. ITs something i barely understand; isn’t your CC the main source of your defence, not flat HP pool ?

3. Damagewise
    Im right now 120 and both rots 1-shotting Mobs. Will it be so much worse with Energy Bolt at higher levels, that i shouldn’t focus so much on INT/AA ?

4. The last Rank up: Chrono 3 or Linker 2
    Its a really hard decision for me. Chrono 3 offers me 5 more points for Haste/Quicken and Pass. Linker 2 offers me Spirit Chain and JP with 8 Targets (which is pretty damn good, as 5 is already super nice in my opinion)
    Whats your opinion here ?

Thanks for reading and answering in advance :slight_smile:

Wiz 3 > Link > Chrono 3 is actually pretty good, is better than Cryo 3 > Chrono 3 for general grinding parties but Cryo 3 is better for ET.

Remember your own damage will be very little against level 220+ mobs so you probably should only grind in parties. Even solo quests will turn into a pain simply because your only damage spell is MM and you will have to use Sleep + EB insta-cast with att.

You would have the best skill setup for any rank 8+ damage classes and honestly Chrono 3 can’t get bad, ALL of it’s skills are godlike.

But the thing is, for 7 ranks there’s no reason for you to get Wiz 3 in this build, you have no other damage skills aside from MM and EB, so you are buffing almost nothing, sure will be awesome when your rank 8+ spells do good damage but until them you will feel really powerless.

Consider:

• Wiz > Pyro > Linker > Thauma > Chrono 3.

• Wiz > Pyro > Linker 2 > Chrono 3.

• Wiz > Pyro 2 > Linker > Chrono 3.

cryo 3 for ET. can tell me more about this? never been to ET before but wanted to know how does cryo3 helps in this

just a question.

which would you prefer among those given builds? i am planning to get
chrono but those 3 builds you mentioned is giving me tough choice in
choosing.

Cryo 3 gives you Frost Pillar.

It pulls all mobs together to one point for it’s whole duration. 49 secs cooldown, 24 with chrono’s pass. I believe it has something like 12 seconds of duration so basically 50% of the time you don’t need anyone tanking and can aim 100% perfectly all AoE skills like Frost Clouds hitting all mobs without them moving.

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Chrono 3 is the best Wizard support for Earth Tower, it’s honestly as good as a cleric, but better if not taking Heals into calculations.

how about those build in support? tough choice here since so many builds. How is link and pyro support on ET? as i know pyro can give only enchant fire in this case and how is linker doing for ET generally? since cryo can just suck all of them into one place.

@intothefantasy

I would go Wiz > Pyro > Linker > Thauma > Chrono 3.

There’s not much difference from Linker 1 to 2 as you don’t have quickcast to share, if you have a QS3 friend to share his ASPD buffs it’s a good choice. Pyro 2 is like trying to put DPS into a build not oriented to it. Thauma on the other hand will give you a good atq and atqm buff, which adds with linker and pyro to be your self DPS while both Linker and Thauma still very appreciated in parties. Also you can easily go Full CON since all you have to do is use transpose when you need to make DPS, making your game even easier as all supp wizards go full con anyways.

I’m still deciding between this one and Cryo 3 > Chrono 3 actually, but Cryo 3 looks like so much pain on grinding and any solo stuff that I’m trying to avoid it.

transpose, will it convert con to int as well? also i saw a post where mentioned going int is much better for transpose. Well i guess CON is ok too

the other thing is thau, swell left arm only gives a fix amount of buff. Is like blessing issue from cleric where higher levels later it will be quite useless. Is it worth to invest for thau1 in this case?

It trades CON for INT, 200 con 300 int = 300 con 200 int with transpose.

It is better to go full INT for transpose STAT-wise. That is because you have INT bonus every rank which makes you have 60% more points at rank 7 if you go full con than if you go full INT.

The problem is your base HP full INT is too low, so you’d have to heal yourself everytime you use Transpose again, even if it hasn’t ended your HP is set back to it’s original value.

If you plan on a full INT thauma to use that feature you should consider Linker 3 to share that crazy CON, also more than 1 rank on thauma if you want longer duration on Transpose so you don’t have to use all heal tiles of your party.

Yes, it is a fix amount, but for 200- levels it’s actually pretty great and when buffing others this will be just another cool buff you got, you don’t really need to use it on parties if they are already full of buffs.

how does the shrink and swell skill goes? any practical usage at all? it seems like thau should be much better if compared to either pyro2 or linker2

what is the current maximum buff without daino?

@intothefantasy

Watch some Vid’s, you will see why Cryo3 is so extremly good there. There coming tons of mob waves; its really easy to understand why cryo3/chrono3 is so damn godly there :slight_smile:

As for myself: I dont want to specialize my char, based on a 2 entry dunjon. This feels somehow wrong :wink:

@moises_andre12
i kinda agree with your points. ITs either Wizy1 with pyro/cryo/Thau or Wizy3. Pyro1 sounds weak to me, since you only have 15 Pts to distribute, where 5 already going into Ench Fire. You loosing also CC from sleep and quickcast, if you doing so. In addition, EM is not an AoE, its multiple hits and is therefore extremly good for JP. Afaik, they nerfed JP (IF you attack with an AoE, all mobs getting only 1 hit). Every EM hits every mob; it harmonizes extremly well.

What you also need to consider is, that Link2 with 8 JP is a substantial AoE buff. JP removes the AoE defence ration (via Attribute, or reduces it to 1 at least, if it cannot be smaller then 1). I’m not 100% sure, but the ET mobs looking like medium targets, and thus, should have AoE def of 2 ? So it would help to have a LinkerC2 here.

I think Link2 or Chrono3 are both good; its my last rank (im right now Wiz3>Link1>Chrono1 and then Chrono2 for Haste) so i have a bit more time to discuss it or find the best way :slight_smile:

i saw some korean builds with

wiz>cryo>linker2>chrono3

what is the reason of getting cryo1? for icewall or the icebolt/icepike freeze or something?

i agree that cryo3>chrono3 is like very good only in ET. Not sure about future or other dungeons

Pyro is only some damage to help you, it will make no difference to parties.

Freezes can always be useful if you can manage them, that’s the point of taking Cryo instead of Pyro.

Theres a few cases where pyro can provide useful dps in parties (especially if you choose chrono3), but not pyro1. You’d need at least circle2 to get some better returns, otherwise as andre said cryo offers cc that remains useful for life and has stronger synergy with linker’s skills.