Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz3/Ele3 Earthquake vs sleep

Sleeping normal mobs are crazily good. After level 100+ you will get elite mobs where you can’t one shot them, and require a full duration of dps skill such as Hail and Frost cloud to actually kill them.

Also, there are monsters that can few shot you even with high CON at later game

You can just sleep them and kill them without any worry of them retaliating.

Edit: One thing I must remind all the first time player here. Don’t assume things based on what you see in first 4 rank. The game completely change after rank 5.

Lethargy works for bosses but not sleep.

Sleep is good for non boss monster.

Sleep is good because it’s a cc that actually scales to later parts of the game. Your early game skills as a wizard are just not that good so you don’t have that many options anyway in terms of what you want to put points on.

There’s also an attribute that makes your energy bolt do more damage if you put the mob to sleep first. Early game any extra damage helps since it’s basically hell until wiz3

Not true, most Wiz 3 Ele 3 players left it at high level to gain the instant tap Energy Bolt, which is a reliable source of DPS after rank 6.

so sleep is aoe?
I had a wiz in cbt was in was c1 as far as i remember sleep had long cast time and i didn’t use it (but I abandoned the wiz around lvl 100 i think or less)

Sleep don’t have a cast time. You can instantly release it after it start casting.

and it is aoe? or single target?

It’s aoe, and it lingers there for around 0.5 to 1 second and affect any monsters that came in slightly later.

I asked this recently and was told that knockbacks still happen with RS activated.

At what level it becomes instant? Or are you referring to cast time with QC reduction?

I put my fire bolt 5 and earthquake 5 as im going for Wiz3 and I need to be able to kill stuffs efficiently~ I dont think its wrong at all for putting higher lvl on those skills… You can reset it at later lvls so why suffer at low lvl~ uhh and lethargy helps a lot too~

Instant with QC reduction.

No Rain for the electrocute +35% damage combo? since you took 14 levels of electrocute.

It’s a good build though. I’m planning something similar.

Also for energy bolt cast time, do you think lvl 5 is good enough?

1 sec cast time / 5 = 0.2 sec cast time

with quick cast that’s like 0.1 cast time.

I think at least level 8 EB is needed (the 2 skill point can go to sure spell) if you include the possible server lag. That’s for my area and my experience from icbt2 though. Also, I don’t think there is any use for those skill points except for sure spell anyway.

The rain is a good point, I completely forget about the +35% damage. Maybe I will remove 1 level from meteor for rain (I made electrocute lv 14 for that extra hit).

If you can reset skill go for anything you want. I tend to avoid using skill reset. Anyway, it’s really easy to reach rank 3 even with my build (I just reach it without hassle, the real problem is the job advancement quest), therefore I think you don’t need to worry about early game.

Once you reach rank 3 everything is easy afterward.

how useful are “surespell”? I tend to always cast EB while walking so it doesnt get cancelled from atks. Im still at Wiz2 btw.

Yes it’s very useful, especially for spell such as Meteor and Hail.