Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz3 + Chrono2?

Help! While going over builds that might excel with far future content this odd combination keeps popping up. I really like the idea of a DPS chrono but I’m kind of concerned about sp management (at rank 7 and above).

Could this work?
Wiz3 > Pyro > Chrono2 > Warlock

i prefer linker 1 over pyro 1. JP work great with non-aoe like Dark Surge, Magic Missile and pole agony DOT after effect.

This’ll be my build for obt:
wiz 3 - linker 1 - Chrono 3

Everyone goes Wiz 3 - ele 3 - wl 1 or Cryo 3 - Chrono 3…
I like wiz 3 and chrono 3 but not so fond of cryo & ele (i felt so useless when i encountered any flying elite mobs in cbt2)

So i go this build…Thank to quick cast and pass maybe i’ll have best dmg at rank 9, 10 or never (or i already quit the game before that) :sweat_smile:

you either go full chrono 3 or not at all.

since newest patch pass only counts for party members http://pastebin.com/1NxSxtsQ

I know…but who care ? Its good instead

^ refering to this since you beleived that pass would still increase your damage output later on

chrono 3 is ofc “still” nice and got good synergy with almost every class - tho you gotta explain why you need wiz 3 for a chrono 3 build?

You mean pass doesnt work for caster himself ? Any proof for that ? “party members” should included the caster too.
Pass before also work on other players outsite of party so they just fixed that

For +50% dmg from quick cast. Its like dedicated the whole ranks 1-7 just for boosting rank 8-10.

Edit: Just checked inven forum and nobody said anything wrong with Pass so i assume it still work on the caster.

well it says “now only affects party members” while the skill description says “of you and your party members” usually they would say “fixed a problem where pass also affected others outside of the party”
might not be properly translated?

kinda vague information indeed would need somebody to test it

hmm well still unclear what kinda new classes await you in 8-10 and most important when they gonna raise the cap - probably 3-5 months and if so then by 1 circle - you gonna have a rough time getting your chrono to circle 3 - not providing any decent support nor dps until then - the linker 1 gonna be your greatest damage source for a long time - not even joking … might work if you get some decent AA builds to party up with…but again gonna be rough to reach the chrono 3 and being more decent in a support role

There aren’t any skills only work for the party except oneself though…

Chrono 3 already a very good support, though linker 1 oblivious not as good as cryo 3 (ice tree me want…). I’m aiming at Onmyoji, Mimic or Shadowmancer - assume they are dps and the costumes look so cute.
Joint Penalty + Magic missile should work well for questing till lv210 so i don’t mind about that. Heck, wiz 3 - ele 3 was much more worse at pre-rank 6 in icbt2 :worried:.

Thank you for the responses so far.

Assuming one of the later classes follows the Wiz3>Ele3 paradigm a dps with high damage charge skills should fit in there somewhere. Who knows though haha.

Plenty of ktos players have rolled Wiz3>Linker2 which as I understand it has much different applications. With mostly PvE in mind maybe chrono isn’t the better option after all?

Wondering if circle3 for Pass is absolutely necessary for a dps endgame in mind. Its really tough to consider taking wiz3 too. Cryo just synergizes better in general yet I’m still here like:

“now only affects party members” means exactly now will affects party members.
Please tell me the caster isn’t a member of the party…

This change means it no longer effect non-party member like it did before, the whole party will still get the benefit, including the caster.

Yeah, for a pure support i’d go cryo 3 - chrono 3 for sure…but i still want to be a dps/hybrid in the end.
Wiz 3 - linker 2,3 are popular in ktos but i think except JP + HM knot the other skills are not so good and i like chrono much more. Also, there aren’t many good dps options for rank 6,7 (warlock is stronk but somehow i don’t like it). I’m hoping for a holy dps wiz (Omnyoji ?)