Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz3 after patch question

yo so what buffs/nerfs happened? i heard they buffed and removed some things

Magic Missile is 3 overheat, Quick Cast 50% damage attribute is gone, both QC and Surespell now last like a minute.

1 Like

use this to check
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner

1 Like

The good news:

• magic missile gets 3 charges
  • surespell lasts 45s
  • quickcast lasts a minute

The bad news:

• quick cast damage buff is gone, that’s a flat 50% decrease in your damage output (I was hoping INT would compensate that damage but that’s clearly not the case)
  • skill damage enhancements are now 0.5% per point instead of 1%, so that’s ANOTHER 50% decrease in your damage output if you maxed these skills prior to the reset

Oh yeah, cloth/leather/plate masteries are gone (well they’re all level 1 and available so you can choose whatever armor you want and the mastery will give you a now small bonus).

NOT GOOD
20charrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr/

However, since this is the same for every other class (all damage attributes of all classes are now only 0.5%) it doesn’t really matter. :wink:

Haha yeah I suppose. Only the monsters will laugh though…

Well I think they’d cry instead. Talking about being nerfed, they got hit waaaay harder than us xD
… Except for the quest bosses though :’/

Oh yeah… forgot to mention the free reset for everyone who did put 15 points into Energy Bolt :wink: Time to pump Sleep instead :wink:

thanks guys!!! aaa 20char

just for me i dont need 17 sec of sleep :confused: 10sec is fine for me… depends on the play style :smiley:
I’m just a support… letting my team mates bash on :smiley:

why? it hasv nice damage now for me 7000 x 2 3 times every 7 sec lol :smiley: imo is good filler ;x

Ok after further testing:

• magic attack has increased (for my char 1200 -> 1600), but also has magic defense on monsters, yielding the same result as before; for Wiz3, you lose 50% damage output with your basic attack
  • magic missile damage output has been severely decreased (2400 -> 1400), but you get 3 charges instead of 2, so in the end it’s not so bad
  • for an elementalist, some spell durations/damage have been decreased (frost cloud, meteor), other ones have seen their damage seriously increased (electrocute, hail)
  • for a warlock, the cheezy stuff has been nerfed (invocation), but spells like mastema have become godly (was doing 1000 dam at level 1 before the update, now 5000!)

So basically it’s a rebalance, not nerfing. Will need a bit of time to adapt.

So I’ll have to reconsider my point of view after further testing… Here’s a review of each skill after the patch (Wiz only):

• Energy Bolt: changed from very low flat damage to % of base attack, meaning it’s actually become useful! – Points spent: 10 (2 x 150% base x 3 charges = 900% base every 9s, and it has small AoE effect)
  • Lethargy: good debuff with increased values – Points spent: 10 (-197 to physical/magical attack, too bad this doesn’t scale very well)
  • Sleep: excellent crowd control spell – Points spent: 10 (12s)
  • Reflection: didn’t change at all, reflecting 110 or so dam with 15 points + Reflect damage attribute maxed is now dogshit – Points spent: 0
  • Earthquake: didn’t change, still very low flat damage – Points spent: 0
  • Surespell: duration increased, too bad it’s still not countering some lame monster skills which don’t interrupt, but outright dispel your spells – Points spent: 5 (45s duration for a 45s cooldown)
  • Magic missile: damage decreased but one extra charge – Points spent: 5 (flat 200 x 3 charges)
  • Quickcast: no more extra 50% damage, but duration increased – Points spent: 5 (1min duration)
  • Lethargy scales with your int, my lvl 15 is -697.

• Earthquake is % damage, there are no flat damage skills left in the game (even if the tooltip is missing the % symbol).

• Lastly, damage is now completely reliant on your MATK - so EVERY skill should be doing more damage than before. If you’re doing less, that means your matk needs work.