Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz1>?>?>thauma1>chrono3, new player wants to support

Hi, I’m quite a new player. So far, I’m interested in building a support wizard, and right now I have my eyes on the chronomancer.

I’ve read a few topics and builds in different threads and the general builds I’ve noticed consisted of wiz>cryo3>chrono3 with all or almost all stats pumped into con. While I’m interested in making such a build, I’m having second thoughts on the grind to a chrono, considering I won’t always be in a party.

So I came up with this build, hoping it would ease the grind whenever I can’t get into a party.

The idea is to pump INT (and some CON, probably 4:1 INT:CON) for an easier grind, and once I’ve reached chronomancer, I can just use Thauma’s transpose to get the needed bulk from CON to be the party’s support.

The main drawback here is that I’m sacrificing cryo3 (snow rolling and frost pillar) for thauma1.

Thoughts? ;_;

EDIT: I’m also interested in suggestions for ranks 2 and 3 if we’re going for full INT and thauma1>chrono3 for the last 4 ranks.

Aren’t you just making it difficult by not going cryo 3? Cryo 3 gets snow rolling and Ice tree which would make levelling easier.

Would a full CON cryo3 be able to level faster than a cryo2 with high INT when soloing though?

If you want to support yet be able to solo things I suggest those two options below:

• wiz -> pyro -> pyro
  • wiz -> pyro -> linker

Since you’re a new player, I’d just want to point out a few things that you might have missed that might make you reconsider taking Thauma1 for your Chrono.

1. Buff Limits: You can only have a limited number of Row-1 buffs at a time. The base for Wizards is 5, +1 if you get the Rank 5 attribute, another +1 for having a Token active, then +1-15 if you have Daino (a Krivis buff, which I would advise you not to rely on).
    Reflect Shield, Enchant Fire, Subzero Shield, Swell Left Arm, Transpose, Quicken, and Haste are all Row-1 buffs. Ideally, you’d want to at least get to buff SLA, Transpose, Quicken, and Haste. But that’s still too many for party-play.

2. Shrink Body and Swell Body: Both of these skills are melee ranged with a small AoE. And even with an INT build, you’re highly unlikely to even kill the doubled-HP monsters within the time limit of Swell Body on your own.

3. Transpose: Transposing from INT->CON does not give you the missing HP when your Max HP increases through the increase in CON. So you’d have to eat up a lot of heal tiles to keep it up, which isn’t very supportive of your party. If you really want to use Transpose, I advise building CON instead, and use Transpose for your solo play instead of for your team play. You’ll be missing out on the 10% per Class Rank INT Bonus but at least this way, you won’t have to buff Transpose and hog heal tiles.

With that said, I suggest skipping Thauma and taking Pyro-Linker2 or Pyro2-Linker instead. This will allow you to solo better than a Cryo3 and you’d still have Linker to help deal with mobs.

For PvE, you don’t actually need to be full CON to be able to support. Most Cryo3-Chrono3 just do this because their damage is terrible regardless of whether they put INT or not. Going full CON allows them to be able to tank stuff too, but I don’t think that’s the point.

1 Like

I’m making a Wiz > Pyro > Linker 2 > Chrono 3 as a supportive wizard.

I’m still at Pyro because I’m more focused on 2 other characters but here goes what I think about it:

• All the points the guy above stated are huge downsides. With Chrono 3 you already need a lot of buff slots, and for effects much better than SLA.

• Linker is great for parties, Linker 2 is awesome sharing buffs and linking 8 enemies without the need of a Gem.

• Linker with Pyro will make your grinding MUCH easier in the beginning, I’m taking Firewall 5 Fireball 5 Enchant Fire 2 and Flame Ground 3. With Pass and Link they will probably work as enough damage for the Solo parts of the game.

Thanks for the input guys! I’ll give pyro>linker2 a shot

Am planning to do Pyro -> Linker to support auto attackers :slight_smile: (Enchant Fire)