Tree of Savior Forum

WIz1 > Pyro1 – Reroll or continue?

Hey guys,

I joined the game not long ago, without knowing much about the class system and how critical decisions can be if you don’t study what you wanna go with beforehand. I really wanted to have a Wizard as it is the class I play most in all MMOs. I chose Pyromancer immediately after reaching job lvl 15, but kind of regret it already as I haven’t seen much good feedback about going this direction. I’m currently considering a reroll (I’m only about lvl 30 so not a big deal, but have all my untradable items/premium fashion on this character and would like to avoid losing them if possible).

My ideal class would be a good DPS, have decent CC and be fun to play. I want to move away from any support aspect. I’d like to focus on PvP/GvG mainly, but still be good in PvE and present an interest for parties. So my questions are: is Pyro not a good choice? If so, is there a posibility that IMC makes it more viable at some point? Do you think I should definitely reroll, or try my luck with this character?

If I go for the reroll, my main choice (for now) would be Wiz3>Kino3>War.

Wiz3>Ele3>War could also be a good option, but mainly intended for PvE as far as I understood.

What are your thoughts considering my preferences? I’m open to any suggestions :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Where did you read pyro wasn’t viable? I mean you’re circle 2 lvl 20-ish in a game where max lvl is currently 280 and decided your 1st choice is already a bad one lol. With no idea what your other circle choices are going to be after pyro it is impossible to give you a real answer.

That said wiz 3 into kino is kinda lackluster. Extra damage and the ticks from PP go off faster but the combo isn’t even as good as the icewall/PP combo so why bother?

ele 3 into Warlock is pretty basic and yeah, if you don’t mind being the exact same as 50% of the other endgame aoe mages then go for it.

Hi. Easy advise to you, just rerolled into something else. Why? I am a Wiz1Pyro3Linker1 and I don’t feel good using this character. Your main damage dealing skill as a Pyro is Fireball and this thing get kicked A LOT either during the usual grinding and during dungeon run. Although you can hit it back to the mob, this kind of situation REDUCES your efficiency to perform as a DPS. Things get slightly better when you branch out into a Linker but the main problem of Fireball being kicked around will still be there…

I just rerolled into a new character yesterday. Going with the usual meta Wiz3Ele3Warlock3… At the moment, I am Wiz3Ele1 and everything seems so natural. PewPewPew from afar! And I did not regret rerolling into this new character!

As the game is, pyro IS bad.

• Wiz 3 > Ele 3 > Warlock : best PvE wizard.

• Wiz > Cryo 2 > Kino 3 > Warlock : Best PvP wizard. (1)

• Wiz > Cryo 3 > Kino 2 > Warlock : Best PvP wizard. (3)

The PvP’s ways above are still pretty good at PvE, good luck. Just a tip, with Kino 2 you already have PP’s attribute that make targets stun, that is want yo rely on, you don’t really need Surespell to make PP good.

2 Likes

Wiz 3 > Cryo 2> Kino 3> warlong

RANK9 WTF?!!

@gun2theshock123

wiz 3 was wrong.

Bad for earth tower? Yes.

Bad for dungeons or grinding or questing? No. Not at all. You need the proper ranks 5-7 though. If you take pyro with the mindset of going for a full dps character then you’re taking the lesser option.

Do note that the max rank right now is only rank 7. there are 10 ranks. So some builds might become worthless further down the road.

For example,
Wiz3>Ele3>War is one of the highest damage dealer aoe class in this game.

but once war 3 or another class that is stronger gets introduced, ele 3 skills will seem weak and a waste of space. And Unlike wiz 3 which provides 50% matk and quick cast, i don’t remember ele 3 having any buff skill or cc skill.

These are just my theories, so take it with a grain of salt. But once more ranks are introduce, it would seem like using those space for CC skills like link/chrono seems more viable.

PS: there is really no point of rerolling. If you think you made the wrong decision for a damage dealer wiz, why not change this into a money making wiz/CC wiz?

You most-likely gonna need a money making class in the future anyway

Thanks all for your help!

I don’t want to spend months grinding to figure out I don’t like my build… Better think about it twice while I still can! :slight_smile:

Sounds good! I’ll do a little more research about these builds. In the meantime, any further opinions are welcome!

W > Pyro 2 > Linker 1 > Sorc 2 > FF

1 Like

high five!! we have the same class build :beer:

p.s they should change fireball…only you can hit it back and forth, and the rest of the players cant so the skill would be efficient during dungeon runs. just sayin :laughing:

Pyro really sucks, re-roll, wait for a buff, leveling this character will be a pain in the ass

But this stupid build wiz 3 ele 3 war is sooo default, boring, and everyone uses it, so i wont recommend that, but anyway