Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz/Cryo3/Ele3 viable in PVE?

I was thinking on something like this…

Trial Build

Any advices?

It most certainly is! C3 cryo is awesome and sinergizes well with eletrocute (because of higher dmg on frozen enemies attribute).

Wiz -> sleep instead of reflect shield (reflect shield doesnt scale well, and sleep always does the same no matter the rank/level). Also 1 point in lethargy just to increase some dmg

Cryo -> maybe leave ice bolt and gust at 1 (gust seems to suck ass, and ice bolt is more for the freezing effect rather than dmg)? You want to max Ice Pike (your main dmg on C1/C2) and maybe consider getting higher ice wall (its just really useful)

Ele -> Leave rain at 1 since you only want it to buff eletrocute dmg and the buff doesn’t scales with level. Also maybe a little less points in hail to invest on freezing sphere.

I’ll consider that…

Thanks for your advices!

It’s good but you shall suffer form skill cooldown and you must jump around for waiting them.

Don’t touch the hail. One level in Freezing Sphere is more than enough. Hail scale with your magic attack greatly so you want to have max level of it.

If anything, invest at least a value point in prominence because it actually deal a great damage when you are close to the target.

Also, I’m not sure if OP needs stone curse. That skill is just kind of useless compared to cryo 3’s control and sleep.

Besides, level 14 Electrocute is enough if OP is not getting an electrocute gem (because level 14 and 15 is both 9 targets).

Without Fast cast from wiz c3, the freeze timing is really not sufficient for the casting of chain lightning. Most of the time you will not be able to capitalize the chain lightning attribute because by the time you finish casting, the freeze status has already worn off.

How long is the freeze? I think the 5 sec freeze from hail is more than enough.

all cyro 5 has 5 sec freezes. 5 is very tight. the casting time for electrocute is 3-4 secs. if you lag or if you get hit once, you will not be able to pull it off. i am speaking from experience but if you still feel that it is fine, you can try it out i guess.

It’s definitely not 3-4 sec, probably just around 2.

It’s around 1 second or lesser with quick cast.

Hail also has chance to freeze (25% per hit) and has a long duration, so Im hoping you can cast hail and then eletrocute for bonus dmg. (but it is a ele 2 attribute only!)

The biggest issue with freeze + eletrocute isn’t actually the cast time, but the fact that freeze doesn’t has 100% freeze chance. So I often wait to see if the enemy is actually frozen (because trying to cast a 2s cast eletrecute with mobs attacking you isn’ t an easy feat) and then you cast eletrecute, but by then the mobs are almost unfreezing.

I made a Wiz -> Cryo -> Linker -> Ele (currently lvl 90), and I actually prefer the sinery with linker damage wise. Cryo is still useful as hell, because it allows me to freeze the enemies and gives me to think / maneuver / cast stuff, but its is indeed a bit hard to eletrocute frozen enemies. However, Linker by himself already does a plentiful job of maximizem damage and making everything explode anyway (+50% lighning damage and +100% dmg from being linked).

Also, cryo’s ice wall, is just godly… If you sweet spot it you can hit 2 pieces of the wall against the bosses, doing a TON of damage. Hitting it also scales directly with MATK making it useful later on. The freeze from ice wall also seems higher than other sources, at least if you put it below the mob it seems to stay frozen for the entire duration.