Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz > Cryo > Linker > Ele x3 ? Why not?

Hi,
I’m trying to find out what build to chose for my wiz, and I had seen that build while playing the CBT.

This build is based on the synergy frost/elec, with all the attributes boost on elec spells.

I am aware that there’s been a huge nerf on linkers. Yet it seems to me that it could still be a good build.

Here are my questions :
I have seen similar builds, but with pyro instead of cryo. Why no one picks cryo for the synergy with elec?
Would it be viable in terms of CD? Most of Elem CD seem quite long, and as this build relies on a “combo”, i’m wondering…

Thanks !

These are only suggestions and not ‘requirements’ to ‘fix’ your build.

Put 1 point in earthquake, take it from energy blast. You will want Earthquake as a AoE cc/damage early on.

Only put 1 point in Ice Blast, the points are better spent in Ice Bolt.
Ice Blast requires your enemies be frozen, and you can’t freeze bosses.

Personally, I would remove a point from hangman’s knot to put 5/5 into Physical link so that I can link the full party.

Meteor… sigh… it does sooo much damage. However, every level of it increases the cast time by 1 second, so at level 10, it’s 10 seconds.
I only put 1 point in it. The majority of the damage comes from the % and not the flat damage per level.

As for why everyone takes pyro. Pyro does more damage than cryo, pyro also synergizes with linker a little~ better.
Linker is still good even after the nerfs. It’s just that people were using it to multiply AoE damage, and that’s not how it was intended to be used, and it can no longer be used that way. It has very little synergy with AoE. It’s mainly used for single target skills now.

The CD’s in the build are going to be a pain, but it doesn’t mean the build won’t work.

Don’t forget your 7th rank. At the level cap of 280 you will have 7 ranks.

Overall, you’re build is pretty dated. Linker isn’t needed for wizards anymore and in order for linker to be worthwhile, you’ll need linker2. People choose pyro over cryo because of the more damage and because of ele’s class attribute. Choosing pyro would definitely be better for CD and overall damage. Cyro/ele is still a viable build however if you want the freeze/electrocute synergy.
If you want a cryo/ele build, something along the lines of this should be good.

If you want pryo/ele then this should be good as well

The whole synergy stuff just doesnt worth it at all. It is better just to go wizard c3 and boost ur electrocute as well all of your other spells with - 50% cast time and + 50% matk anyway. The freeze + joint penalty + electrocute is not that easy to pull off smoothly with only cryo 1 and u will find out the damage is not that crazy.

Another issue is linker 1 is not looking good after some nerfs, and the AoE spells from elementalist wont hit twice ir so like it did in the past so you dont benefit from linker at all (besides electrocute which is a multi hit spell).

Thanks for your inputs. I see.
In what type of build can I play linker then? Is it necessarcly in support oriented build then?

It’s kinda both. But if u run something like wiz 1 - pyro 2 - linker - sorc2 - featherfoot/warlock u are still a DPS oriented character.

I think builds like wiz 1 - pyro 2 - linker 3 -? are more support oriented, even though u can solo pretty well. It’s like u take 2 ranks of pyro to have some damage but u are aiming for some high rank support builds to pair with linker maybe. If u want to be a TRUE dps wizard, i think the way to go is wizard 3 to set up for later DPS ranks (wiz 3 - ele 3 - warlock for example).

But as we all know, there are many options out there u just need to choose the one u enjoy playing. Beetween a full DPS and a full Support build there are dozens of “hybrid” possibilities which are still viable and efficient.

After reading the skilltree over and over again, imo the only way to go ele is with C3wiz. The cast times of stuff like meteor is just too annoying and it benefits so much from that and the extra damage.

Ele has too much casting time, I thik Wiz3 is a must.

Personally I´m either Pyro2 or 3 and Link2/Thaum2

Only issue is deciding whether Pyro3 is worth losing 1 Thaum

I think Necro suits you most