Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz 3 > Linker 2 >?

Didnt they already ‘balance’ linkers?

Linkers have already been patched on kToS, you can see videos about that already and it’s still pretty strong IF we get the same version.

I THINK (haven’t tested it as I’m only running missions) it has not been patched on iToS yes, not really sure though.

Wouldn’t a Wiz 3- Linker 2 - Necro 1 - Warlock 2/Featherfoot 2 build do better than necro 3 given how wonky the summons AI seems to be in pretty much all videos i’ve seen so far?

You’d get Flesh Cannon/Hoop from Necro 1 and instead of summons you’d get the skills from Warlock or featherfoot, which just seem better overall IMO.

@yurichalps

If you want Warlock or Featherfoot there is no reason for you not no take Linker C3, as you already went Linker 2.

Taking Linker C2 already means you only have Quickcast, MM, JP, HK and some situational spells, you are pretty much a Support-DPS. It works easily when used with Warlock or Featherfoot because they have the latest DPS spells.

The problem is you are going to waste your 6th rank in 1 spell, Flesh Cannon, which costs 500 silver (or a little less, don’t play Necro) a cast, at Level 5.

The thing is: When you reach Warlock C3 you won’t really feel the need to use Flesh Cannon, you will be wasting silver that could be turned into attributes, cube rolling or anything better since DT can already 1-shot any pack of mobs.

I went Linker C1 > Sorcerer C2 > Warlock C1+, my point is using Warlock + Shadowmancer skill set, keep Templeshooter up because he deals good damage without the need to cast him again and again and always use QC DT + Familiars + JP as a combo to 1-shot 5~6 mobs. It’s a build more “well rounded” but you do lose a lot on Linker’s potential.

How about Wiz3>Link2>Thaumaturge>FF2?

Link3 vs Thauma1? Necro skill seems expensive?

Let me necro this thread a bit

The way you talk, as if Necro 1 have only Flesh Cannon :confused: . Well i don’t ever play a Wiz3>Link3>Warlock but let me compare Linker c3 vs Necro c1:

+/ Linker c3:

• 2 more targets with JP (3 if you have the gem)
  • Lifeline : +pros: only good if you have a premade team doing … something big (like hunting tough boss or ET or something).
    -cons : You will not use it in normal situation (most likely someone will break it, or if it not break, it still inflict some kind of … panic feeling when they see the screen causing red alert. The one respect the Linker will not want to break the link -> somehow restrict the movement of the polite one ? Also in order to use Lifeline, Spiritual Chain must be use first -> easily overwrite buffs)
  • 1 extra sec for Hangman Knot ? lol

+/Necro c1: (forgot to mention, FC cost 250s/shot, the corpse cost is reduce a bit if you use auto-match dungeon)

• Decay through FC/Shoggoth/Dirty Pole
  • Shoggoth and Pole have it’s own hitbox so can draw aggro in some situation
  • Damage from Flesh Cannon and Flesh Hoop (Flesh Hoop damage is equal to Flesh Cannon in single target if you can hug the boss)

Right now I am a Wiz3>Link1>Sorc1>Necro1>Warlock1 and in the boss fight, I still have so many downtime that I have to use AA, with the Wiz3>Link3 you will be a burden in Saalus and bossing in general, Warlock skills alone is not enough. Warlock don’t have any skill that cd lower than 30s so i believe we will still use Flesh skills in rank 9+10 (My Cannoneer still use Multishot)

1 Like

Also i want to share you this … test with this debuff

1/ No gear with NO debuff: ~3000 damage

2/ With gear (but don’t have Aspersion) with NO debuff: ~1500 damage

3/ No gear with debuff: ~1500 damage

4/ With gear (don’t have Aspersion) with debuff: ~300-500 damage

I will test again tomorrow to see if this debuff can work good against Saalus and higher level boss or not. If it work good, then i would say Necro 1 is much better than Linker c3 (if you have Wizard c3)

I know right now we have the “cd does not increase” bug so i can keep this debuff 100% uptime. But even when the bug is fix, Flesh Hoop cd is 37s, this debuff is still quite good

How much does a maxed flesh hoop hit bosses? Maxed FC is around 8k.
Also FC is 32 hits, I thought lv 5 hoop was less than that.

the damage is equal to FC (FC here mean Flesh Cannon, not Frost Cloud), in my case with 1k magic atk and 30% attribute, it’s around ~4k damage/tick x15 (with QC)

just edited the post above FC=Flesh Cannon incase someone else confuse xD

Oh rip i see sssssssss

btw, can you also test damage of flesh cannon on a linked boss vs a non linked boss? Use Dirty pole + Link. I’m really curious about joint penalty if it has some other hidden mechanics. Thanks mate ! :smiley:

Right now Dirty Pole can’t be linked so i can’t test, it might/will be when rank 8 come

When i link the Poata and Glassmole then Flesh Cannon both, both will take double damge (~140k instead of 70k)

But this damage increase through link will most likely be fix in some patch

yeah kinda weird that linked mobs/boss take additional damage regardless of the element prop boost attribute. Was planning also to make wiz3>link2>necro1>warlock2, but needed some infos first. It was one of these and thank you very much!