Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz 3 ele 3 warlock vs wiz 3 linker 1 ele 3, insight would be appreciated

I am getting close to wiz 3 and will eventually also need to get a rank 4 class, and so, i am checking for the usefulness of 1 circle of linker before having the 3 ele ranks.

Linker 1 gives a bit of CC, more ele damage from electrocute, like, a lot more, since electrocute will not only go to all the linked targets since its a single target at a time thing (it hits many targets 1 times, so i assume it works with the whole of joint penalty) but its also multiplied because of the linker attribute of 50% ele damage. Granted, its only a 2 skill combo, but its still an improvement to ele.
In dungeons, linker should be able to link 6 enemies from C1 alone, if theres a cleric at C2 for divine might, or if you have the joint penatly gem.
I think it also works with hail somewhat, but i’d need to test it some more.

However, i would lose the extra damage from warlock spells. Warlocks have big damage spells, but with extreme cooldowns, so i am wondering if the utility/extra damage to the whole party from linker is preferable.

i am not all that exited about warlock and i have really loved having a linker with me when i was doing dungeons on my swordsman, so my opinion is a bit biaised here, which is why im hoping for insight from others. How important is CC later on? is the damage from warlock important enough that the boost to others / CC from linker not important enough? Also, with wiz C2, physical link is not all that bad since you have surespell so that damage wont interupt casting, might be worth using phisical link in that case, instead of having party members just run away whenever they see it.

From all this, is linker C1 a good investment? it would also delay Ele C3, which is a shame, but its just a question of time.

Another thing, how does Magic missile work with Joint Penalty? since the missiles hit 1 target at a time, does JP effectively multiply the whole magic missile cast by 5 then from the links?

Either way, I would get first Ele3 and wait to choose Warlock or Linker c1

well, thats a thing i guess, then, its still linker vs featherfoot or warlock, but it would indeed give me more time to think about it, but then again, i wouldnt have the cc and links for dungeons.

Also, dependint on how links work with magic missile, it might still be betterv to go linker directly.

You want Ele c3 asap. That’s the breakthrough point when this class starts to shine.

linker got nerfed, WL got buffed. think about it

well then, going ele 3 first seem to be the general best move, but its still an issue of warlock vs linker 1.

While linker has been nerfer, its still a great support class for the whole party, which also synergise a bit with some ele spells to further improve ele damage.

On the other hand, Warlock has more spells to add damage, with the drawback of having immense cooldown on these.

Question is, just how usefull are warlocks to any party in endgame? Would you rather have a warlock or a linker in your party lather on if both have Ele 3?

Linker isnt necessery for ele - he have big AoE’s - so not much point there. Linker is good for chars with single target skills. And in party you’ll most likely find much better linkers - c2/c3 with specific builds. If you want have some utility as support - u may consider chrono C1 (haste, slow, quick) for rank7 and later c3 (Pass!) for rank 9 - rank 10 reserving for another hard hitter class.

while i agree that some of the spells from ele wont work, linker should work on hail, if it hits one and not the others, then the others should get hit, and it should have great synergy with electrocute, with both the 50% electricity bonus attribute and since electrocute hits one target at a time, it should work with all of it.

Its this synergy + party utility vs damage from the R7 classes or others utility from something else.

For chrono, not sure. it seem to have even less utility for ele. Slow and attack speed for ele seem… not all that good? I gues chrono is a C3 or beat it class.

Slow + haste is great for kiting - giving you much better survivability, while att speed is great for other party members - giving that you have a linker in your party. Only question is is it worth taking it yourself and if there are no better alternatives (warlock?).

I never said that it doesnt synergize - I just said that there are better options imho for rank 7 for ele. C1 linker gives you 5 monsters to link - while in late game (where rank7 is) parties you’d rather want to gather a lot more mobs at once. Electrocute can hit 9 targets at max lvl - 10 with +1 gem - so even if you hit/kill half of the group - you still need to finish off another half - so same time on group as without linker.1. And when you kite and then freeze - this group is basically in one place - so they get hit anyway together by most AoE skills.