Tree of Savior Forum

Wiz 3 > Ele 3 > Runecaster (alternative, yes? no?)

So i found a video on Youtube earlier :

and the 2 Wizards in the Party are going Wiz3>Ele3>Rune

so my question here is: is it a good alternative to the popular Warlock build and what could be the good points for this route.

What i can think of is:

• Buffing the Icewall of other party members.
  • Rune of Destruction, for a mini Meteor.

And if we look at the Warlock build:

• you will have only ‘Pole of Agony’ which really add your dps in party play (not counting PVP).

Any opinions on this Alternative ?

Well I think that most Icewall Combo Users usually already have RC in their own build

Well - correct me if I’m wrong but it looks to me that Ice Rune makes Ele Ice spells (Hail, Freezing Sphere, Frost Cloud) do x3 dmg (so x3.5 counting with quickcasts attribute. On the paper looks probably even better than continous dmg from warlock - or am I missing something? Additionaly attribute adds the chance of slowing enemies on basic attacks for entire team - does any class specializes in basic attacks, which could be beneficial esp for those chars - or is it just addition when luring mobs or on cooldawn with other skills?

And the Rune of Destruction is just slightly less powerfull than meteor - first is 400% + 2682 (at lvl 5) while second is 400% + 3229 (at lvl 10) - unless there is some more complicated math used than it seems. It looks like Destruction doesnt have cooldawn in comparison with Meteor and since we have good alternative for Meteor now, we can use those skillpoints elsewere in Ele tree.

I don’t quite get what does it mean in Rune of Giants - Limited skill usage? It adds some +sec to cooldawn to every skill or somethink? Please clarify.

Join the Dark Side (Warlock) or Light Side (Runecaster)

Ice Rune doesn’t affect land deployment skills such as Hail and Frost Cloud :frowning:

Destruction has a longer CD and cast time compared to Meteor, but afaik it’s stronger

=> Rune of Ice doesn’t effect Hail & Frost Cloud // 10% chance on the AA-Attack-Proc is kinda low IMO
=> Meteor has a 90s CD, Rune of D. 95s CD. I think it would be nice to add it to the rotation, while you are waiting for cd

Rune of Titan :smile:

i think you can’t use skills while you have the effect of it, don’t know about Auto attack though.

I thought that deployment skills are skills like summoning minions, deploying towers or ice wall - well - bummer …

Ehh they should really wrote all info in skills - especially casting time for all skills and exact area of effect of such skills.

So basically warlock wins - Runecaster may be better for PvP though.

RC synergizes well with Cryokino. Include as well wiz 3 if ur really into the quick cast bonus for the potentially highest burst damage ingame.

Most go for 3wiz > 3elem > Warlock

whispering Just refer to this insane sheet that someone made https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Dl2bU1TlwXLGEjWfSdPL4Hwy_NjQTdd9RFkXqxsLPB4/htmlview?usp=sheets_home&sle=true#

2 Likes

Looks like somebody did their homework. Thanks for the link!

1 Like

Only swash buckling, everything else = off as far as i know

So what means different colours in this link? Red is popular build and blue … (You can’t go…)?

If you run with a friend that has rolled c3 cyro and c3 chrono then RC is great! My friend does so much damage when I put the buff on.

It also works on Freezing Sphere doesn’t it? Pretty disgusting considering it hits like a truck, has a 1 (0.5) second cast time and 3 overheats on a 30s cooldown.

With Pass you can get off 9 in a row before Isa disappears lol.

Can someone confirm this? Base on the thread it says that Ice Rune won’t affect AoE or land targeted skills, however on the skill description it does but only for a given duration. Am I missing out something? Sorry I wasn’t able to participate on CBT

All Ice-type magic cast by you and party members except for deployment magic will be stronger for a given duration.

“except for deployment magic” = those skills you cast with a circle that last for a while

1 Like